ESPN will air some good match ups to start the season

Cat_Scratch

Wish Apopka vs Columbia could have been on list, any chance Camden vs Columbia get played on espn?

Apopka versus Columbia is a great pre-season matchup and Camden (GA) versus Columbia is a very interesting matchup but do you know how many games nationwide or in FL alone would likely get more attention than those games?

When Columbia wins a state championship  or beats STA , any top 25 power or something they may get on ESPN.  You have to earn it.  A team like Cocoa has earned it.  They win State Championships and have beat nationally ranked teams.  Even though it was years ago people nationwide have heard of and are aware of the Cocoa football program.  Many people nationwide have not heard of Columbia.  Sorry, but I am not making this stuff up.

If only our Bolles win came 4 years ago lol

That is the problem ....you pride Columbia on a regular season win versus Bolles! Did Columbia win States 4 years ago?

Raines also beat Bolles in the regular season last year.  They are not priding themselves on it the season because they lost at States to a team that they had the best chance of beating in a long time. It was an opportunity that they likely would like to have back versus beating Bolles has likely been forgotten.  

2015 Columbia should be remembered as a very good team that like usual - got beat in the playoffs.

I don't hear Deerfield Beach fans on here tooting there own horn on how they have STA's number - in the regular season.  They would trade all of those STA regular season wins for a State Championship.

Columbia, from talking to people in the area it seems the consensus is that Rickards will be the top team in Tallahassee this year.....talking to one of the guys that run 4quartersonline(they cover Tallahassee/Big Bend football) back in the spring...they said that they would rank either Wakulla or Rickards number 1 in their Big Bend top 10 going into the regular season.

Wakulla plays Leon in their kickoff classic on August 19th but it's hard to get a gauge on how good someone is in that setting...I know Wakulla generally plays everyone in a game like that..

BrowardHandicapper, Wakulla will definitely be a different kind of team offensively this year with Feleipe Franks signing with UF and Keith Gavin signing with FSU.  Derek Allen will take over at QB for Feleipe...he's a very good athlete and I would think they're offense will look a little more like Auburn this year.  They will be strong defensively...although they need to shore up the LB position.  Last year they had Monterrious Loggins...great LB that signed with UCF.

Offensively they still have Kelton Donaldson at WR..he caught a lot of passes last year.  They have a lot of athletes on offense..just need to find the right spot for them.  Several good RB's...Demarcus Lindsey will probably sign with a smaller school.  Brandon Berry(6'0" 225) is the wildcard...he's big and fast.  He was hurt most of last year...had a good spring game.  Lot's of big schools sniffing around him...he's been to both UF and FSU junior days...the last I heard he had already picked up an offer from UCF. 

They have a couple of rising juniors to keep an eye on...Chris Beverly at DB, I've heard he has offers from smaller schools, big schools know about him.  They're is a kid that moved in a couple of months ago named Kameron Burns.  He's 6'6" 261...unbelievable athlete.  He played at a small school and has never been exposed to guys near his own size...and definitely behind in the weight room.  He's learning fast and has already gotten a lot stronger in the few months he's been in Wakulla's strength program.  Keep an eye on this kid...if he puts it together he has a chance to be big time.

Wakulla has a great freshman class coming in....several difference makers coming up.  One kid in particular has a chance to play varsity as a freshman...which is very rare at Wakulla.  His name is Jaylon Worhsam.  He moved to Wakulla about a year or so ago.  He grew up in Miami.  His family wanted a change of environment.  They had relatives in Wakulla so they moved...this kid has a chance to be a phenomenal WR/DB.  I've seen pics of him where he played for the Liberty City Warriors before moving...kid is special.

Sorry this is so long...I got carried away....so ready for some football.  I'll keep an eye on the Tallahassee schools

Columbia...the safe pick is always Lincoln but things are changing in Tallahassee.  Chiles made huge strides last year...actually beat Lincoln in the regular season but lost in the tiebreaker for the playoffs.  In the past they've had a big problem keeping kids at Chiles...but the new coach seems to be doing a good job keeping kids there.  I haven't heard anything special about Leon...but I will see them on August 19th.  They weren't very good at all last year.

Since this started as a tv thread I'll add that Wakulla and Raines plays week 2...and at one time there was some discussion about that game being televised by one of the regional cable channels...I think maybe FSN??  I don't know what became of it...but it was being discussed.

BrowardHandicapper, Wakulla will definitely be a different kind of team offensively this year with Feleipe Franks signing with UF and Keith Gavin signing with FSU.  Derek Allen will take over at QB for Feleipe...he's a very good athlete and I would think they're offense will look a little more like Auburn this year.  They will be strong defensively...although they need to shore up the LB position.  Last year they had Monterrious Loggins...great LB that signed with UCF.

Offensively they still have Kelton Donaldson at WR..he caught a lot of passes last year.  They have a lot of athletes on offense..just need to find the right spot for them.  Several good RB's...Demarcus Lindsey will probably sign with a smaller school.  Brandon Berry(6'0" 225) is the wildcard...he's big and fast.  He was hurt most of last year...had a good spring game.  Lot's of big schools sniffing around him...he's been to both UF and FSU junior days...the last I heard he had already picked up an offer from UCF. 

They have a couple of rising juniors to keep an eye on...Chris Beverly at DB, I've heard he has offers from smaller schools, big schools know about him.  They're is a kid that moved in a couple of months ago named Kameron Burns.  He's 6'6" 261...unbelievable athlete.  He played at a small school and has never been exposed to guys near his own size...and definitely behind in the weight room.  He's learning fast and has already gotten a lot stronger in the few months he's been in Wakulla's strength program.  Keep an eye on this kid...if he puts it together he has a chance to be big time.

Wakulla has a great freshman class coming in....several difference makers coming up.  One kid in particular has a chance to play varsity as a freshman...which is very rare at Wakulla.  His name is Jaylon Worhsam.  He moved to Wakulla about a year or so ago.  He grew up in Miami.  His family wanted a change of environment.  They had relatives in Wakulla so they moved...this kid has a chance to be a phenomenal WR/DB.  I've seen pics of him where he played for the Liberty City Warriors before moving...kid is special.

Sorry this is so long...I got carried away....so ready for some football.  I'll keep an eye on the Tallahassee schools

Great stuff TRAJAN01!  Keep that Tally info coming!   

Last year Wakulla played Bishop Moore tooth n' nails till the end at 5A States.  I was impressed with the War Eagles.   Whoever represents 5A North will have there work cut out for them in 2016 with AHP (American Heritage Plantation)

It sounds like the talent pipeline is healthy for Wakulla and they will continue to be in the mix for several years.  I have heard of the Jaylon Worsham kid in youth football in Miami.  There have been a few solid players  that have relocated from SFL to North Florida and been very successful.  The last one was Carlos Becker a very talented 2016 DB on Osceola and is now at FSU.  Perhaps Worsham will be a great as well!

Feel free to blog as much info as you wish.  We all enjoy learning about football throughout the state!

Thanks Broward...I'll definitely try and keep everyone up to date from this end of the state.  It looks like AHP is loaded for a strong title run this year.  I expected them to be in the finals last year.  It's going to be hard for anyone to overcome the talent they have assembled on this years team.

Wakulla ran into a very talented Miami Norland team in the 2011 finals.  Duke Johnson was one of the best high school players I have ever seen.  The guy would make plays when nothing was there....they beat us down pretty good that day.  I'm afraid the same fate will await the 5A North champion again this year..unless someone in South Florida can pull an upset and knock off AHP. 

Columbia...the safe pick is always Lincoln but things are changing in Tallahassee. Chiles made huge strides last year...actually beat Lincoln in the regular season but lost in the tiebreaker for the playoffs. In the past they've had a big problem keeping kids at Chiles...but the new coach seems to be doing a good job keeping kids there. I haven't heard anything special about Leon...but I will see them on August 19th. They weren't very good at all last year.

I agree with that, the safe pick for now is Lincoln but I will say they seem to be going down by the year, chiles looked like a up and coming program when we played them in opening round where for first 3 quarters of game they were holding their own with us, would not be shocked if chiles wins that district but Leon not been "Leon" for years now, Lincoln is better then Leon and will probley be that way for a while

My only concern with the national slate from ESPN is how the Florida teams are not getting matched up with Midwest, Texas, and California teams...I love when we get to matchup with the best from Ohio and Texas.

Since this started as a tv thread I'll add that Wakulla and Raines plays week 2...and at one time there was some discussion about that game being televised by one of the regional cable channels...I think maybe FSN??  I don't know what became of it...but it was being discussed.

Hey TRAJAN01 what do you think of the Wakulla vs Trenton Game week one, With the game being on a Saturday night we should have a good turn out. 

My only concern with the national slate from ESPN is how the Florida teams are not getting matched up with Midwest, Texas, and California teams...I love when we get to matchup with the best from Ohio and Texas.

FL will be fine and have an opportunity to gain big nationally.  2015 Colquitt County out of GA was National Champions in some polls - pretty much a top 5 team nationally any way you cut it in 2015.  Grayson, GA is always a solid team and in 2016 their roster is stacked to that of St. Thomas Aquinas.  Grayson is arguably a clear cut top 5 Preseason team Nationwide.  I would put Grayson and Colquit 2015 over anyone in Ohio or the midwest pretty confidently.

We can't forget the St. Thomas Aquinas versus  @ #1 Bishop Gorman out of Nevada this year as well!

Hey Tigerfan1, the Wakulla - Trenton game should be a lot of fun.  I think both teams lost some talented players from last year but it sounds like both will be good again this year.  I love that the game is being played on a Saturday night.  When I originally saw that...I thought maybe it was being looked at for a regional telecast.  Do you know of any particular reason why they chose to play on Saturday night??  I expect a very large crowd for that game...I would think a lot of neutral fans will show up just to get to see a good matchup.