6A Region 4 Preseason

BrowardHandicapper

I know that Vanguard is loaded this season, however before they can even think about Armwood they have to win their district. They have to get by Leesburg, Gainesville, Lake Weir, and Forest. Gainesville will be down this year but are still dangerous. Leesburg has a very good team with a good QB. They played us tough in the spring game. You can never count them out. Depending on what Forest shows up they could be trouble. Even Lake Weir can surprise on any given Friday. And, if they win their district they then have to get by one of the district 6 teams and then possibly Gainesville again. Last season they hammered Gainesville in the regular season but lost a close one to them in the 2nd round. I think that Vanguard will be an even better team in 2016 than in 2015. They are so loaded with exceptional players that the only team that could beat them is themselves. 

I know that Vanguard is loaded this season, however before they can even think about Armwood they have to win their district. They have to get by Leesburg, Gainesville, Lake Weir, and Forest. Gainesville will be down this year but are still dangerous. Leesburg has a very good team with a good QB. They played us tough in the spring game. You can never count them out. Depending on what Forest shows up they could be trouble. Even Lake Weir can surprise on any given Friday. And, if they win their district they then have to get by one of the district 6 teams and then possibly Gainesville again. Last season they hammered Gainesville in the regular season but lost a close one to them in the 2nd round. I think that Vanguard will be an even better team in 2016 than in 2015. They are so loaded with exceptional players that the only team that could beat them is themselves. 

Can you list some of the players or stronger players that Vanguard has for 2016?  Is Vanguard "Loaded - Loaded" as in Armwood loaded?.... Or "loaded" relatively speaking to Vanguard - Vanguard loaded?

Can you list some of the players or stronger players that Vanguard has for 2016? Is Vanguard "Loaded - Loaded" as in Armwood loaded?.... Or "loaded" relatively speaking to Vanguard - Vanguard loaded?

vanguard is loaded but as far as up and down the roster loaded they are not, vanguard only has 4 to 5 guys on the team that will play D1 football in the future while Armwood has a dozen or more

vanguard is loaded but as far as up and down the roster loaded they are not, vanguard only has 4 to 5 guys on the team that will play D1 football in the future while Armwood has a dozen or more

Is the Pine Forest roster talent similar to Vanguard, or are they Armwood loaded?

Realistically speaking, it seems like Pine Forest or Vanguard will need to out-coach and play a near perfect game to have a shot at Armwood.  I'm not trying to spoil the chatter and confidence in the Vanguard and Pineforest here but just looking at the possible angles of those teams matching up.  Would you say that Dillard and/or Boyd Anderson have an equal shot at upsetting Miami Central, Carol City or Northwestern considering they (Dillard and Boyd Anderson)  are probably equal to or more talented than Pine Forest and/or Vanguard?

Is the Pine Forest roster talent similar to Vanguard, or are they Armwood loaded?

Realistically speaking, it seems like Pine Forest or Vanguard will need to out-coach and play a near perfect game to have a shot at Armwood. I'm not trying to spoil the chatter and confidence in the Vanguard and Pineforest here but just looking at the possible angles of those teams matching up. Would you say that Dillard and/or Boyd Anderson have an equal shot at upsetting Miami Central, Carol City or Northwestern considering they (Dillard and Boyd Anderson) are probably equal to or more talented than Pine Forest and/or Vanguard?

Odds are low but it can happen on both sides of bracket, but armwood has no history with vanguard which might have them a little off since they are so used to playing Gainesville and if vanguard brings a different energy then armwood might get caught when they play

Realistically speaking, it seems like Pine Forest or Vanguard will need to out-coach and play a near perfect game to have a shot at Armwood. I'm not trying to spoil the chatter and confidence in the Vanguard and Pineforest here but just looking at the possible angles of those teams matching up. Would you say that Dillard and/or Boyd Anderson have an equal shot at upsetting Miami Central, Carol City or Northwestern considering they (Dillard and Boyd Anderson) are probably equal to or more talented than Pine Forest and/or Vanguard?

I think Pine Forest is very similar to vanguard in talent, not that many big time players and as far as Boyd Anderson and Carol City I could comment on what Boyd Anderson and Carol City have after they both come to bradenton to play IMG this season

I say we put this to bed. Because it will again be Armwood out of the north vs. Miami Central or Mainland from the south. The more things change, the more things stay the same.

Armwood might actually get tested this year by the north, main reason they easily get to states is they play a average to decent Gainesville team and then a decent to good team in the finals while being healthy for the most part, then run into a buzzsaw named Miami central and get destroyed, because armwood has proven lately they can't beat central so last thing we need is to see that game again

Vanguard has the best QB since Daunte Culpepper in 1994.

Daunte Culpepper - 3,074 Yds passing, 31 TDs

N'Kosi Perry - 2,307 Yds passing, 32 TDs. Nearly 300 on the ground.

They have a compliment of Senior WR's, each one contributing. So, there are not one or two main receivers out there. They can all hurt you. RB Justin Watkins is one of the fastest RB's in the state. Vanguard is also a Senior laden team with good experience at most positions. However, the proof will be how they execute in each and every game. They cannot have any letdowns in class 6A. 

Vanguard has the best QB since Daunte Culpepper in 1994.

Daunte Culpepper - 3,074 Yds passing, 31 TDs

N'Kosi Perry - 2,307 Yds passing, 32 TDs. Nearly 300 on the ground.

They have a compliment of Senior WR's, each one contributing. So, there are not one or two main receivers out there. They can all hurt you. RB Justin Watkins is one of the fastest RB's in the state. Vanguard is also a Senior laden team with good experience at most positions. However, the proof will be how they execute in each and every game. They cannot have any letdowns in class 6A.

So they do have the ability to beat armwood?

I say we put this to bed. Because it will again be Armwood out of the north vs. Miami Central or Mainland from the south. The more things change, the more things stay the same.

Miami Central Mainland or Carol City I would say.. I think Miami Central and Carol City are the same team but Central has the better coaching

So they do have the ability to beat armwood?

If they can get past the 1st and 2nd round and still be undefeated, they have the best chance of defeating Armwood. Vanguard has to run the table in and out of their district and then win convincingly in the first two rounds, then they can beat Armwood. They have the horses. If they lose to a team like North Marion or Gainesville, during the regular season, they would never beat Armwood.   

Miami Central Mainland or Carol City I would say.. I think Miami Central and Carol City are the same team but Central has the better coaching

Carol City has gotten better, but they are not on the same level as Central. That 8-7 win was a fluke. As you see what happened in the playoffs. Carol City is expected to be better on defense, but Central is expected to be better on offense. Outside of Wright at RB and the WR who else do they have? And the question is who at QB do they have to get the ball to him?

If they can get past the 1st and 2nd round and still be undefeated, they have the best chance of defeating Armwood. Vanguard has to run the table in and out of their district and then win convincingly in the first two rounds, then they can beat Armwood. They have the horses. If they lose to a team like North Marion or Gainesville, during the regular season, they would never beat Armwood.

Who would be favored to win between armwood and vanguard if they both 12-0 heading into game?

Carol City has gotten better, but they are not on the same level as Central. That 8-7 win was a fluke. As you see what happened in the playoffs. Carol City is expected to be better on defense, but Central is expected to be better on offense. Outside of Wright at RB and the WR who else do they have? And the question is who at QB do they have to get the ball to him?

A fluke? How was the points in the game scored?

Let me say this about 6A down here. Central, Carol City and Northwestern are the three front runners. Now Norland is left but since Duke Johnson left they haven't been the same. I mean Duke literally ran that offense himself. As you all know Carol City was crowned district champs and Central runner up spot last year. Now do I really think Northwestern has what it takes to get back on glory day status hmm..... I think not but again anything can happen

Let me say this about 6A down here. Central, Carol City and Northwestern are the three front runners. Now Norland is left but since Duke Johnson left they haven't been the same. I mean Duke literally ran that offense himself. As you all know Carol City was crowned district champs and Central runner up spot last year. Now do I really think Northwestern has what it takes to get back on glory day status hmm..... I think not but again anything can happen

Weren't their 5 teams in that district? Or am I mistaken?