STORY: GHSA bans GA teams from scheduling IMG

SportsNut25

Starting in 2017, no more IMG vs GA teams that compete in the GHSA, which is like all the teams that IMG would want to play in GA.

http://www.gwinnettprepsports.com/schools/archer/georgia-high-school-association-by-law-change-to-prevent-schools/article_73c9e719-627e-50f8-a61b-9ab7b4af3b54.html

What the reason for it?

Interesting. I wonder if Georgia will have a problem in continuing to play also Independent classification 0-10 International School of Broward who also recruits ?

So if a couple public school GA high caliber kids move or transfer to a FL public school, will the then ban play versus FL publics?

This has more to do with a egos being hurt and the fact that GA can't accept a student athlete being allowed to pursue their own interests outside the state of GA. If this was anything other than football they would not give a damn. With all of the basketball private schools throughout the east coast, there must have lots scooped up by private schools. Why didn't they care about the principle then?

nobody can play IMG anyway from Manatee County, IMG has agreed to not schedule or recruit players from Manatee County

and where does your info come from?

That's the thing, they don't have to "recruit" athletes.

Athletes will come to them.

Look at Fines from Manatee who left for his sernior year and now at Miami.

YOu can't agree to not schedule someone when those someones have got together and agreed not to schedule you......

and where does your info come from?

That's the thing, they don't have to "recruit" athletes.

Athletes will come to them.

Look at Fines from Manatee who left for his sernior year and now at Miami.

YOu can't agree to not schedule someone when those someones have got together and agreed not to schedule you......

IMG has agreed with the Manatee County director of athletics to not schedule or recruit these guys, the deal has been in place since IMG started the football program In 2013

Go look it up I don't need to explain this any further

I asked the Supervisor of Athletics in Manatee County this, "I hear tons of rumors about IMG and Manatee making an agreement to NOT recruit Manatee Co. kids or schedule them since back in 2003. Any truth to this?"

Here is Jason Montgomery's statement to me, "I am not aware of either of those.  As an FHSAA member school IMG is not allowed to recruit at all just like any other member school."

So, where again is this agreement you spoke about again?

I asked the Supervisor of Athletics in Manatee County this, "I hear tons of rumors about IMG and Manatee making an agreement to NOT recruit Manatee Co. kids or schedule them since back in 2003. Any truth to this?"

Here is Jason Montgomery's statement to me, "I am not aware of either of those. As an FHSAA member school IMG is not allowed to recruit at all just like any other member school."

So, where again is this agreement you spoke about again?

I get outside info from other people just like anybody else, can't believe everything you hear I guess