Columbia vs Gainesville

DisabledAccount

2011 and 2012 gainsville got us but last 3 years Columbia has gotten control back in this rivalry and with Columbia going with perhaps the best team I think since 97 and Gainesville appearing to be in rebuilding mode this could have potential to get ugly but its a rivalry and I expect Gainesville to bring everything they got at us and the thing with beating Apopka is now we got a huge target on our back for the rest of a season and anyone on that schedule will be gunning for us so I look foward to Thursday night primetime at citizens field and going for the 4-0 record over Gainesville in my high school years

2011 and 2012 gainsville got us but last 3 years Columbia has gotten control back in this rivalry and with Columbia going with perhaps the best team I think since 97 and Gainesville appearing to be in rebuilding mode this could have potential to get ugly but its a rivalry and I expect Gainesville to bring everything they got at us and the thing with beating Apopka is now we got a huge target on our back for the rest of a season and anyone on that schedule will be gunning for us so I look foward to Thursday night primetime at citizens field and going for the 4-0 record over Gainesville in my high school years

Do you honestly believe that strong teams are going to "want" Columbia more because they beat Apopka in a scrimmage? I bet by November most of these players will have no clue about that game? Quality teams and coaches focus on the task/week at hand versus an opponent -  not pre-season accomplishments. You're unreal.

That said, do you think Lee and North Marion will have a "huge target" on their back for beating TCA in a scrimmage? LOL

Oh yeah....STA and Lakeland in November will potentially be thinking about a August scrimmage Columbia had with Apopka.

I know a few AHP fans and last year, a few days after they upset IMG, I could put all 6 of their heads together and it still would not be as big as yours right now. Beating Apopka in August means nothing if your team can't back it up when it counts. Historically speaking that is the way things will pan out.

Do you think Hallandale gave a shI^ about AHP beating IMG in August, when they beat them in November?

Do you honestly believe that strong teams are going to "want" Columbia more because they beat Apopka in a scrimmage? I bet by November most of these players will have no clue about that game? Quality teams and coaches focus on the task/week at hand versus an opponent not pre-season accomplishments. You're unreal.

That said, do you think Lee and North Marion will have a "huge target" on their back for beating TCA in a scrimmage? LOL

Oh yeah....STA and Lakeland in November will potentially be thinking about a August scrimmage Columbia had with Apopka.

I know a few AHP fans and last year, a few days after they upset IMG, I could put all 6 of their heads together and it still would not be as big as yours right now. Beating Apopka in August means nothing it your team can't back it up when it counts. Historically speaking that is the way things will pan out.

First off if we want to get into tentically then we had a huge target on our back anyway

Secondly the difference between Lee and north marion and Columbia is Lee game was a 3 quarter scrimmage in a non game setting and north Marion played trinity starters for only a haft, Columbia vs Apopka was a full varisty game where starters played every snap on both sides, that game would have had same result if it played this week for regular season as it essentially was a 11th regular season game and you telling me you don't think Gainesville is thinking about the Apopka win preparing for this week?

Dude I guarantee you that if you ask darter he will tell you that Apopka and Columbia played that game as if it counted, some teams use it as a scrimmage but that was essentially a 11th game

First off if we want to get into tentically then we had a huge target on our back anyway

Secondly the difference between Lee and north marion and Columbia is Lee game was a 3 quarter scrimmage in a non game setting and north Marion played trinity starters for only a haft, Columbia vs Apopka was a full varisty game where starters played every snap on both sides, that game would have had same result if it played this week for regular season as it essentially was a 11th regular season game and you telling me you don't think Gainesville is thinking about the Apopka win preparing for this week?

Dude I guarantee you that if you ask darter he will tell you that Apopka and Columbia played that game as if it counted, some teams use it as a scrimmage but that was essentially a 11th game

No one is worried about Columbia...

You have created this fantasy in your own mind based off a pre-season scrimmage versus what is expected to be a very good Apopka team.

As far as "guarantees" the only guarantee is Columbia will fold like an accordion when the $ is on the line!

No one is worried about Columbia...

You have created this fantasy in your own mind based off a pre-season scrimmage versus what is expected to be a very good Apopka team.

As far as "guarantees" the only guarantee is Columbia will fold like an accordion when the $ is on the line!

Maybe a team like STA or Lakeland not scared of us but teams in the area?

You telling me you don't think Gainesville is thinking about this game?

Oh and our best Defensive lineman supposed to be back this week so our defense will be fully healthy for this game so I look foward to this game

Anywho you going to do a score prediction?

Maybe a team like STA or Lakeland not scared of us but teams in the area?

You telling me you don't think Gainesville is thinking about this game?

Oh and our best Defensive lineman supposed to be back this week so our defense will be fully healthy for this game so I look foward to this game

Anywho you going to do a score prediction?

No. I think Gainesville is thinking about Columbia. They likely understand their strengths and weaknesses and likely understand they are not Apopka. Sure they are looking film, but their focus is likely a week 1 regular season game versus Columbia - not results from pre-season scrimmage.

What do you think , they are shi^^ing bricks or something? Lol.

From what I saw in Apopka i will say that unless Gainesville got a very good qb then it will be a long night because that front 7 Columbia got will probley end up as best in the area and should be able to stop run and put pressure on that qb

Our offense has some work to do but I feel they take a step towards that this week and I saw that despite having our starting running back out with injury in the Apopka game that we were able to run the ball and appear to have deepest backfield since 2012 where we had a 3 headed monster in the backfield

Overall this game heavily favors Columbia despite it being @Gainsville and am looking foward to first official game of the season

From what I saw in Apopka i will say that unless Gainesville got a very good qb then it will be a long night because that front 7 Columbia got will probley end up as best in the area and should be able to stop run and put pressure on that qb

Our offense has some work to do but I feel they take a step towards that this week and I saw that despite having our starting running back out with injury in the Apopka game that we were able to run the ball and appear to have deepest backfield since 2012 where we had a 3 headed monster in the backfield

Overall this game heavily favors Columbia despite it being @Gainsville and am looking foward to first official game of the season

Now that to me us a much more sensible approach. Focus on what appears to be the strengths of a very good Columbia team rather than assuming the psyche of their 2016 opponents.

I've got a couple of things to say for what it's worth.

First of all regardless of wishing to think that the Apopka game was a "real" game. It wasn't. It was a KO Classic where most players play and different strategies are tried. As in years past, this Apopka team will not be the same team  in the regular season that you guys played.

Just remember that Gainesville is a 6A team. Columbia is 7A. I am sure that Gainesville will not even be the so so team they were last year as they lost a bundle to graduation including two Senior QBs, RB's, and WR's.

That being said, the Hurricanes sometimes blow hot and cold. But, they have always been a well coached and talented team. During the 2015 season Vanguard blew them away. In the playoffs the quality Hurricanes took care of business against Vanguard.

I would expect Columbia to win this one. But, huge Citizen Field will be packed with Hurricane supporters which will not make it easy. Take it from me as I have sat through several games at Citizen Field with Trinity Catholic, Vanguard, and North Marion. None of these three ever had it easy against Gainesville even it they won. ^_^  

I've got a couple of things to say for what it's worth.

First of all regardless of wishing to think that the Apopka game was a "real" game. It wasn't. It was a KO Classic where most players play and different strategies are tried. As in years past, this Apopka team will not be the same team in the regular season that you guys played.

Just remember that Gainesville is a 6A team. Columbia is 7A. I am sure that Gainesville will not even be the so so team they were last year as they lost a bundle to graduation including two Senior QBs, RB's, and WR's.

That being said, the Hurricanes sometimes blow hot and cold. But, they have always been a well coached and talented team. During the 2015 season Vanguard blew them away. In the playoffs the quality Hurricanes took care of business against Vanguard.

I would expect Columbia to win this one. But, huge Citizen Field will be packed with Hurricane supporters which will not make it easy. Take it from me as I have sat through several games at Citizen Field with Trinity Catholic, Vanguard, and North Marion. None of these three ever had it easy against Gainesville even it they won. ^_^

We gonna have a good crowd travel to this game as well, also this a Thursday night game, gonna come check it out?

We gonna have a good crowd travel to this game as well, also this a Thursday night game, gonna come check it out?

Unfortunately I am not really able to drive out of town these days as my eyes are not that good anymore. I don't even go to the Celtic games out of town.