CAROL CITY @ GABLES SCORE UPDATES

I wonder whether Gables is better than anticipated or Carol City had a let down game after the big tussle with IMG?

I'll just say it.  Carol City is missing a Buckshot caliber QB.   For what it's worth, I credit Coral Gables on a quality Defensive performance.  Defense has been a forte with Coral Gables the last few years.  I think Coral Gables is probably better then many thought (including myself) buy I am not buying that they are at the level of the Coral Gables of the last 2 years.

CC Defense is definitely legit. but even if you contain teams like the ones that you listed, they are still going to need to put up 21 to have a shot IMO.

I doubt that they can put up 21+ on teams like that even on a Central that is nowhere of what they were few seasons ago, I expect Lakeland to be more tough at home vs them, and add in Southridge who has improved as well. As i said, it's been deja vu for them in a real good while.

I doubt that they can put up 21+ on teams like that even on a Central that is nowhere of what they were few seasons ago, I expect Lakeland to be more tough at home vs them, and add in Southridge who has improved as well. As i said, it's been deja vu for them in a real good while.

True.  I'm looking at their schedule now and  they have a stretch @ Oxbridge, @ Lakeland, @ Southridge, @ Central, @ Southwest, @ Norland.   If Oxbridge loses a close game to Flanagan, they are going to be fired up at Home, the next 3 are just brutal. Should handle Southwest, Norland will try to make it a low scoring dog fight which could be a problem.   Then they come Home versus Northwestern and should slaughter American.  They better get that QB ironed out quick.

Special Teams bailed Columbia out in that game but hey....it's part of the game too.

For the several big plays we gave up we did hold them to 12, that front 7 is good, I'm sure you noticed and Joshua can back this up is that Gainesville run game was stuffed all night, the second this secondary steps up then our defense will be secure

Right now receivers and defensive backs are trying to find a rythem and get used to playing, of those postions only 1 returning receiver that was starting last year and 4 new starters on defensive backs

We got work to do but we will get better, it wasent till week 7 last year before we hit stride and started dominating so we just got to get the kinks out and get better as season progresses

For the several big plays we gave up we did hold them to 12, that front 7 is good, I'm sure you noticed and Joshua can back this up is that Gainesville run game was stuffed all night, the second this secondary steps up then our defense will be secure

Right now receivers and defensive backs are trying to find a rythem and get used to playing, of those postions only 1 returning receiver that was starting last year and 4 new starters on defensive backs

We got work to do but we will get better, it wasent till week 7 last year before we hit stride and started dominating so we just got to get the kinks out and get better as season progresses

The RB is a work horse and defensively Columbia had a good pass rush.  The 2019 DB Jalen Brown is going to be a nice player.