USA Today, MaxPreps and AP Rankings

SportsNut25

You know it used to be rankings would be off a bit because of homerism which is understandable and expected. Now you have these newspapers making their rankings on simply hating on teams which is essentially ignorance to many. Some of these editors are vengeful against certain teams for their own specific reasons.

Unfortunately, the problem with this is these editors are privileged to vote in the AP Poll.

I am glad that here on this website we all have favorite teams and teams many do not like ( we all know those teams ) but most at least keep things in perspective when sharing our rankings and giving opinions. I am glad to be a part of floridahighschool.com where the staff and opinions brainstorming on the board combined generally produce better rankings then several media/press sources.

Lakeland is indeed a very good team but STA at #2 is asinine by this publication.

I get STA is 0-1 and Lakeland is 1-0 but if that the case they need to also drop TCA from number 1 in 3a

Lakeland good team but STA is By far best team in 7a until they are beaten and I find it curious that ap has Columbia out of top 5 in 7a when basically every other media list (including this site which I feel did best overall work and has most knowledge on the Florida teams) all had us top 5 But you are right broward, end of day ap poll has several media outlets who are bias for one reason or another