Jump to content

2M playoffs primed to be best in YEARS


cribboy305
 Share

Recommended Posts


3 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

with central, the west, & the young BTW squad, AH, CG, & norland. I’m sure its some more sleepers coming out but it’s looking like war come november & december. 
 

Early predictions have central & nw as favorites but I would not sleep on btw

Honestly depending on how the early playoff matchups play out I don’t even have MNW reaching the reigionals. 
 

i see AHP VS MC in the finals tho 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Honestly depending on how the early playoff matchups play out I don’t even have MNW reaching the reigionals. 
 

i see AHP VS MC in the finals tho 

you crazy, if you watched that columbus game you kno the west got a great secondary & solid oline. ion kno why yall sleepin on them guys. tyga still out and I like them to still give cent a great game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

you crazy, if you watched that columbus game you kno the west got a great secondary & solid oline. ion kno why yall sleepin on them guys. tyga still out and I like them to still give cent a great game. 

And I did watch the entire columbus game & I ain’t sleeping on the bulls all I said was depending on the matchups they draw early in the playoffs they may not make it to the regionals. Who knows they may see central in the first or 2nd round 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

42-7 my guy lol

 

1 hour ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

And I did watch the entire columbus game & I ain’t sleeping on the bulls all I said was depending on the matchups they draw early in the playoffs they may not make it to the regionals. Who knows they may see central in the first or 2nd round 

It was wishful thinking knowing they got he freshman wr at qb & 3 still out but it is what it is.

they all in different districts so who knows tho, if the west finds out how to get the ball to their guys more effeciently its gonna be a long night for teams. hopefully they do. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/8/2022 at 1:12 AM, cribboy305 said:

 

It was wishful thinking knowing they got he freshman wr at qb & 3 still out but it is what it is.

they all in different districts so who knows tho, if the west finds out how to get the ball to their guys more effeciently its gonna be a long night for teams. hopefully they do. 

I know that you're a Bull for life and love MNW. Nothing but respect. But If MNW has any chance at winning 2M, they need to delay the Central rematch for as long as possible. If they get into the playoffs and face the Rockets early before the regional finals, it's lights out. Right now, I would say that MC and AHP are the frontrunners for 2M. MNW is in third place behind those juggernauts. I know that BTW is improving with Coach Ice back and is a potential dark horse, but respectfully, I don't see how they will compete with the "Big 3" in 2M.

If Northwestern sees teams like Norland, Carol City, and such in the first 2 or 3 rounds of the playoffs I could easily see them winning their region before a showdown with Central or AHP. Knowing in the back of their minds that Central and AHP are the two best teams in the state, they need the extra weeks to build momentum and confidence and try to work out any persistent kinks in the armor before facing those teams. Will it be easy? Not at all. Just remember that upsets can and do happen. You don't have to be the overall better team to win a football game, you just have to be the better team for 2 and a half hours.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll definitely be watching the matchup between Northwestern and BTW Saturday. Gonna catch the replay of Central win over Norland 53 to 7.

Definitely looking forward to that GMAC Championship game next week between Central and Columbus. I really don't see Columbus moving the ball against that vaunted Central defense besides maybe one big surprise play. The real question is can Columbus contain Central's offense for 4 full quarters. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KeemD321 said:

I'll definitely be watching the matchup between Northwestern and BTW Saturday. Gonna catch the replay of Central win over Norland 53 to 7.

Definitely looking forward to that GMAC Championship game next week between Central and Columbus. I really don't see Columbus moving the ball against that vaunted Central defense besides maybe one big surprise play. The real question is can Columbus contain Central's offense for 4 full quarters. 

We lasted a half & about 5 min until the 3rd quarter. Then it went from 14-7 central with 6 min to go in the 3rd quarter to you guys know the rest lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

We lasted a half & about 5 min until the 3rd quarter. Then it went from 14-7 central with 6 min to go in the 3rd quarter to you guys know the rest lol.

I think it takes a minute for Central to get going but when the Rockets take off its no looking back lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, FBGUY1989 said:

I think it takes a minute for Central to get going but when the Rockets take off its no looking back lol

I think it also depends on the strength of their opponent and once the rockets make adjustments , because a few of their opp MC jumped on them early and often and it was over wuicoly

MNW, MIAMI Norland etc 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I think it also depends on the strength of their opponent and once the rockets make adjustments , because a few of their opp MC jumped on them early and often and it was over wuicoly

MNW, MIAMI Norland etc 

Northwestern is rival and when playing them record goes out the book. But I do get what you saying though 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

exactly, the west n cent play idm bout rankings or nun of dat. 2019 perfect example. central #4 in the nation just had beat carol city who was like #3 in the nation & played da west who was 5-5 in the playoffs and we all know what went down. point is dem 71st boys dont need no motivation. when its smoke in the air we love that smell. oh yea GOOD W TONIGHT AGAINST BTW 20-6

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, cribboy305 said:

exactly, the west n cent play idm bout rankings or nun of dat. 2019 perfect example. central #4 in the nation just had beat carol city who was like #3 in the nation & played da west who was 5-5 in the playoffs and we all know what went down. point is dem 71st boys dont need no motivation. when its smoke in the air we love that smell. oh yea GOOD W TONIGHT AGAINST BTW 20-6

I tried telling people on here and on Scorestream that The West would beat BTW but as usual nobody listens to me when I talk. The truth is scarce. People said BTW was going to blow away MNW and score 35+. I guess there was no "Tornado Warning" tonight! ;) Congrats on a dominant win CribBoy! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The owner of 2M's state championship will be between AHP and Central. I feel that MNW has a little work to do to prove themselves, but they took a very good step in the right direction tonight with a dominant win over BTW. Carol City, Miami Norland, and BTW are all on the outside looking in and will be fodder for any of the "Big Three" in 2M. Edison could make some noise, but I cannot see them upsetting any of the Big 3. Time will test my words.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/14/2022 at 2:14 PM, FBGUY1989 said:

Northwestern is rival and when playing them record goes out the book. But I do get what you saying though 

I could see the West winning 2M, but a lot would have to go their way in a potential rematch with Central or AHP. If I had to put money on it right now, my house would be on Central, but you can never count out AHP. BTW could make it to regionals if they see teams like CC or Norland early, but I wouldn't see them getting a W against MC or AHP.

Cardinal Gibbons is my dark horse pick to shake-up the playoffs. I wouldn't bet a penny against Cardinal Gibbons in 2M. I know they lost badly to AHP 2 weeks ago, but they seem to have rebounded nicely since with wins over Belen Jesuit and Hallandale. Matt DuBuc is a great guy and a great coach. He would have the Chiefs ready for anyone. They travel to play Manatee this coming week, so I suppose if The Chiefs win that game big, it will prove that they are the real deal and dissuade any remaining doubt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/14/2022 at 5:44 AM, KeemD321 said:

I'll definitely be watching the matchup between Northwestern and BTW Saturday. Gonna catch the replay of Central win over Norland 53 to 7.

Definitely looking forward to that GMAC Championship game next week between Central and Columbus. I really don't see Columbus moving the ball against that vaunted Central defense besides maybe one big surprise play. The real question is can Columbus contain Central's offense for 4 full quarters. 

Columbus' defense alone will make it a 4-quarter game. They boast the best defensive line in the state and a very stout backfield. I still think Central takes it, but it will be a much better game than some think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Columbus' defense alone will make it a 4-quarter game. They boast the best defensive line in the state and a very stout backfield. I still think Central takes it, but it will be a much better game than some think.

Yea it should be a hard fought game. Will be even closer if Columbus manages to keep having long sustained drives running the ball with some short intermediate passes sprinkled in there. As long as they don't try to stretch plays out wide.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/14/2022 at 2:14 PM, FBGUY1989 said:

Northwestern is rival and when playing them record goes out the book. But I do get what you saying though 

Record didn’t go out the books the game they played a couple weeks ago…..nor won’t the 2cd time they play. Central just that good…..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Jullian said:

Record didn’t go out the books the game they played a couple weeks ago…..nor won’t the 2cd time they play. Central just that good…..

As good as Explorers  DL is, & will challenge Rockets offense, Columbus QB not good enough to lead a balanced offense to challenge the best defense in the state. Field position, points off of turnovers, & Explorers defense being on the field way too long, will doom Columbus of any potential upset! 
If AH can get by Gibbons, they present the only challenge to Central because of their mobile good QB, great RB’s, good receiving corp, & a big quick OL. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I could see the West winning 2M, but a lot would have to go their way in a potential rematch with Central or AHP. If I had to put money on it right now, my house would be on Central, but you can never count out AHP. BTW could make it to regionals if they see teams like CC or Norland early, but I wouldn't see them getting a W against MC or AHP.

Cardinal Gibbons is my dark horse pick to shake-up the playoffs. I wouldn't bet a penny against Cardinal Gibbons in 2M. I know they lost badly to AHP 2 weeks ago, but they seem to have rebounded nicely since with wins over Belen Jesuit and Hallandale. Matt DuBuc is a great guy and a great coach. He would have the Chiefs ready for anyone. They travel to play Manatee this coming week, so I suppose if The Chiefs win that game big, it will prove that they are the real deal and dissuade any remaining doubt.

only team standing in the west way is central. AH & gibbons are good dont get me wrong but the bulls have been without #3 & tyger for multiple games. I even believe btw has enough to beat a gibbons squad. No doubt cent is on another level this season but come playoff time it will be no winning just off of talent. its alotta kids senior seasons and they want rings. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Columbus' defense alone will make it a 4-quarter game. They boast the best defensive line in the state and a very stout backfield. I still think Central takes it, but it will be a much better game than some think.

As much we would like the gmac to be competitive columbus is getting blown out! We’ve seen their offense stall against a bulls defense that central had no problem handling, they won’t be able to move the ball at all unless they get lucky. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

As much we would like the gmac to be competitive columbus is getting blown out! We’ve seen their offense stall against a bulls defense that central had no problem handling, they won’t be able to move the ball at all unless they get lucky. 

Agreed. I love my explorers but the Rockets are clearly on another level.

No lie, looking for a close game for a quarter, then hoping no one gets hurt. On either team.

Will be interesting to see the coaching this week knowing what we are headed into. MC is looking for a national title, we are just looking for states.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share



×
×
  • Create New...