You Make the Call...

gatorman-uf

8 hours ago, Jambun82 said:

Beek, what you are posting on this message board is counterproductive.to what you are trying to attain regarding officiating for your home football games.   

I deleted the prior posts as to be non-offensive to officials.

All I am trying to do is put it out there that because we are who we are we get sub-par officiating more often than not. Do I expect an official to see this and say, wow we could do better. Absolutely not! What is frustrating as a coach is the lack of respect for a program shown by the officials association. But if I say nothing then I am part of the problem. I have contacted the officials association. I have filled out reviews of officiating. Still nothing happens. I was told directly by the officials that my game doesn't matter therefore 4 officials is all we get because they are short and other games are more important.

I guess i could just shut up, sit back and be compliant. 

13 hours ago, Jambun82 said:

Beek, what you are posting on this message board is counterproductive.to what you are trying to attain regarding officiating for your home football games.   

Jambun,

So, what is your suggestion?   How should a coach like Beek address what he perceives to be obvious officiating errors?  Who should he contact?  It sounds like when he brings the matter to the officiating organization, they blow him off (and basically tell him his team isn't good enough to deserve good officials or even a full squad).   But when he puts the plays out there for public consumption, in what appears to be a fairly respectful way, he's being told by the one official on the board that this is "counterproductive." 

So, I'm asking you, how would you suggest a disgruntled coach deal with this situation -- especially one that appears to repeat itself game after game?  

15 hours ago, Beek said:

I deleted the prior posts as to be non-offensive to officials.

All I am trying to do is put it out there that because we are who we are we get sub-par officiating more often than not. Do I expect an official to see this and say, wow we could do better. Absolutely not! What is frustrating as a coach is the lack of respect for a program shown by the officials association. But if I say nothing then I am part of the problem. I have contacted the officials association. I have filled out reviews of officiating. Still nothing happens. I was told directly by the officials that my game doesn't matter therefore 4 officials is all we get because they are short and other games are more important.

10 hours ago, Perspective said:

Jambun,

So, what is your suggestion?   How should a coach like Beek address what he perceives to be obvious officiating errors?  Who should he contact?  It sounds like when he brings the matter to the officiating organization, they blow him off (and basically tell him his team isn't good enough to deserve good officials or even a full squad).   But when he puts the plays out there for public consumption, in what appears to be a fairly respectful way, he's being told by the one official on the board that this is "counterproductive." 

So, I'm asking you, how would you suggest a disgruntled coach deal with this situation -- especially one that appears to repeat itself game after game?  

I guess i could just shut up, sit back and be compliant. 

I am telling you, not suggesting, telling you that the proper way to handle any issues or problems that you have with officiating for your home football games is to contact your Officials Association's supervisor and assigner with the video of the plays that you want explanations on. Posting on a public message board, where nobody has any idea who is reading and interpreting, what you have to say, especially when you have publicly identified which school that you coach at. Officials have the right to block schools and teams, and the very best officials just may use this option if they know that a coach will publicly call them out in this way. Beek, I suggest that you request to have a nice, long, conversation with the supervisor and assigner of your Officials Association when your season ends. You can iron out some of these issues and problems at that point hopefully.     

58 minutes ago, Jambun82 said:

I am telling you, not suggesting, telling you that the proper way to handle any issues or problems that you have with officiating for your home football games is to contact your Officials Association's supervisor and assigner with the video of the plays that you want explanations on. Posting on a public message board, where nobody has any idea who is reading and interpreting, what you have to say, especially when you have publicly identified which school that you coach at. Officials have the right to block schools and teams, and the very best officials just may use this option if they know that a coach will publicly call them out in this way. Beek, I suggest that you request to have a nice, long, conversation with the supervisor and assigner of your Officials Association when your season ends. You can iron out some of these issues and problems at that point hopefully.     

We have been trying to work this out for the last 5 or more years. We will continue to try. But all requests seem to fall on deaf ears. 

10 hours ago, Beek said:

We have been trying to work this out for the last 5 or more years. We will continue to try. But all requests seem to fall on deaf ears. 

For some reason, I am now reminded of Albert Einstein's definition of insanity:  "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."   ;)

10 hours ago, Beek said:

Many years ago I remember us struggling with poor officiating and just like you tried the proper channels to no avail.   We eventually had to resort to the other side of the coin that Jambun implied a threat with and that is making a decision which were the absolute worse refs and scratching them so they couldn't step foot in OUR GYM.  That at least mitigated having to deal with that handful of individuals you knew were the most problematic.  

On 10/15/2022 at 3:06 PM, gatorman-uf said:

I saw this on Twitter... referees in the room?

I would've ruled it incomplete simply because the intended target was in front of the QB.  No way to tell if the ball was actually going forward since it got batted immediately so based upon where the RB was relative to the QB, it was intended to be a forward pass.  I wouldnt call it wrong if it was ruled a fumble either.  

On 10/31/2022 at 12:41 PM, Perspective said:

Jambun,

My suggestion to Beek is to request a face-to-face meeting with the assigner and supervisor of the Officials Association that his school uses.  If he is "blown off" as he claims, by the way the ghosts of Clarence Darrow and F. Lee Bailey know that "blown off" is a fairly loose term and everyone has a different interpretation of what that would mean, he should get together with his Athletic Director and consider their options regarding officials for their home games. Possibly contacting another Officials Association when the current contract expires. 

On 11/1/2022 at 11:05 AM, Ray Icaza said:

Many years ago I remember us struggling with poor officiating and just like you tried the proper channels to no avail.   We eventually had to resort to the other side of the coin that Jambun implied a threat with and that is making a decision which were the absolute worse refs and scratching them so they couldn't step foot in OUR GYM.  That at least mitigated having to deal with that handful of individuals you knew were the most problematic.  

Since Kissimmee Osceola is a public school, it is not YOUR GYM, the gym belongs to the taxpayers. I never get tired of teaching you lessons Ray, this time in Civics. You're welcome as usual. 

9 hours ago, Jambun82 said:

Since Kissimmee Osceola is a public school, it is not YOUR GYM, the gym belongs to the taxpayers. I never get tired of teaching you lessons Ray, this time in Civics. You're welcome as usual. 

"OUR" is a figure of speech encompassing our school and its constituents.   If any teaching needs to occur is your mastery of the English language rather than try to DIVERT from the issue at hand which is your modus operandi.  Actually was in those stands last night watching our terrific girls volleyball team deliver a 3 game sweep for the Regional Championship vs Dr. Phillips while you fiddled for a response. 

13 hours ago, Beek said:

Through my athletic director and direct phone calls as our assigner refuses to use email. 

I think I know who you are talking about with the man refusing to use email. If you are not getting some of the answers or solutions that you are looking for, your school should consider your options. Geographically, you have an advantage in that aspect. 

12 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

"OUR" is a figure of speech encompassing our school and its constituents.   If any teaching needs to occur is your mastery of the English language rather than try to DIVERT from the issue at hand which is your modus operandi.  Actually was in those stands last night watching our terrific girls volleyball team deliver a 3 game sweep for the Regional Championship vs Dr. Phillips while you fiddled for a response. 

Any taxpayer in Osceola can claim some "ownership" of public property in that county. I should start charging you for the lessons that I have taught you on this message board, but I am too nice a man. The privilege is all yours. You're welcome once again Ray. By the way, the Kowboys always have a great spread of food at halftime even if that has be shared with the booster club.