Pahokee 26-Charlotte 13

561_Fan

Should’ve been a bigger margin of victory, but Pahokee has played down to their opponents the last few games. Hats off to the Charlotte team, they fought hard the entire game. 

Offensively, PKs passing game led the scoring, with all 4 tds. The running game was somewhat held in check, but Charlotte just played Richard Young and Lehigh (14-19 loss) so they were up to the test against the run. Was a dominating defensive performance, Charlotte’s only TD came off a kickoff return.

12 hours ago, PinellasFB said:

I've always wondered how Pahokee is so good coming from such a small rural community?

For a school that has about 400 kids, it’s amazing. And we’ve lost a lot of kids to other schools. Palm Beach Central has 3 starters that are from PK, one WR who’s committed to Central Michigan. Inlet Grove has 4 starters that are from PK with a WR committed to Illinois, and IMG has a OL (K. Harris) from PK who’s committed to UF. If we were able to keep all our kids (poor local economy) we would be scary

1 hour ago, 561_Fan said:

For a school that has about 400 kids, it’s amazing. And we’ve lost a lot of kids to other schools. Palm Beach Central has 3 starters that are from PK, one WR who’s committed to Central Michigan. Inlet Grove has 4 starters that are from PK with a WR committed to Illinois, and IMG has a OL (K. Harris) from PK who’s committed to UF. If we were able to keep all our kids (poor local economy) we would be scary

Same for Glades Central same scenario basically..

2 hours ago, 561_Fan said:

Given how small that school is, how do they even have enough kids to field an 11-man team, especially given the transfers out?

50 minutes ago, PinellasFB said:

Given how small that school is, how do they even have enough kids to field an 11-man team, especially given the transfers out?

Varsity rosters are usually 30-40 kids and we’ve had some bigger or equal rosters to Delray-Atlantic, Dwyer, Palm Beach Gardens, Charlotte, and Palm Beach Lakes. Pahokee doesn’t have issues filling the varsity rosters for all sports, it’s the JV/Freshman rosters that we have issues filling. 

Our JV, football roster is filled with majority of 7th/8th/9th graders and they are 6-0 right now. Freshman basketball is usually middle schoolers (6/7/8), JV basketball is 7th/8th/9th graders, and Varsity basketball is high school kids. Our girls JV teams are usually all middle-schoolers in all sports. 

6 hours ago, PinellasFB said:

Also opportunities and trying to make it to the NFL. They seen a lot of great athletes going to the league as kids so they want to do the same thing. 

13 hours ago, 561_Fan said:

Varsity rosters are usually 30-40 kids and we’ve had some bigger or equal rosters to Delray-Atlantic, Dwyer, Palm Beach Gardens, Charlotte, and Palm Beach Lakes. Pahokee doesn’t have issues filling the varsity rosters for all sports, it’s the JV/Freshman rosters that we have issues filling. 

Our JV, football roster is filled with majority of 7th/8th/9th graders and they are 6-0 right now. Freshman basketball is usually middle schoolers (6/7/8), JV basketball is 7th/8th/9th graders, and Varsity basketball is high school kids. Our girls JV teams are usually all middle-schoolers in all sports. 

Man 7th graders vs 10th graders seems rough?  My kid is in 7th grade and plays OL in Pop Warner ball.  He's 180 lbs but holy shiznit he would get destroyed by some 200+ much stronger 10th grader.  I couldn't even imagine.  Of course I'm thinking about the OL/DL.  A really athletic skill position 7th grader would do just fine at high school JV level I would imagine.

11 hours ago, PinellasFB said:

Man 7th graders vs 10th graders seems rough?  My kid is in 7th grade and plays OL in Pop Warner ball.  He's 180 lbs but holy shiznit he would get destroyed by some 200+ much stronger 10th grader.  I couldn't even imagine.  Of course I'm thinking about the OL/DL.  A really athletic skill position 7th grader would do just fine at high school JV level I would imagine.

That’s been Pahokee’s JV team (7/8/9th graders) since forever and before they got a pop Warner league most people didn’t put on football pads until 7th grade