Dr. Phillips at Mainland

DarterBlue2

I noticed no interest expressed on on this game, which could be good. Who ya all got?

I am going with Mainland despite the fact they are untested and have given up a few points to average competition. Dp. showed well against Apopka but came up just short. I still don't get why they did not just kick the 3 but instead gave up the interception. I get that an Apopka TD on the ensuing kickoff would have negated three points. However, with well under a minute remaining and Apopka with just one timeout, the high probability play would have been to kick the three instead of electing to throw it. 

For Dr. Phillips to beat Mainland, it will have to put relentless pressure on Mainland's senior QB. I have watched this kid for three years and he is the best one Mainland has had since the beginning of this century ... by far! Even if Dr. Phillips had decent offensive success, unless its defense can force him to make errors, I don't think they will score enough to win.

I predict a final score of Mainland 24 Dr. Phillips 17.

On a side note, I am going to this game to celebrate my man Dan's change of status, as well as to avoid watching what will be a meaningless blowout at University High School as the Darters move to 5-0.

This is the key game of the year for DP.  They showed they can play with the level of Apopka who is really strong team this year. Mainland has a great program and DP will be their first test. DP is the strongest I have seen since 2010.  I am not worried about the defense they are playing lights out,  Offensive keys to the game are same as I stated for the Apopka game. If the O line plays well DP will win this game. Our skilled guys are impressive and are posed for a break out game. I am predicting DP by 14.

This is the key game of the year for DP.  They showed they can play with the level of Apopka who is really strong team this year. Mainland has a great program and DP will be their first test. DP is the strongest I have seen since 2010.  I am not worried about the defense they are playing lights out,  Offensive keys to the game are same as I stated for the Apopka game. If the O line plays well DP will win this game. Our skilled guys are impressive and are posed for a break out game. I am predicting DP by 14.

DP by 14? And what is Santa bringing you for Christmas this year?

DP looked flat from the get go. Mainland jumped on them and never let up. Along the way the Bucs had their most effective rushing attack in years. Most diffently the better team won tonight just like last year. Heads up Panthers. Nothing to be ashamed of DP. You played one of the better programs in Florida. Good luck in 8A.

Mainland 42 DP 21

DP looked flat from the get go. Mainland jumped on them and never let up. Along the way the Bucs had their most effective rushing attack in years. Most diffently the better team won tonight just like last year. Heads up Panthers. Nothing to be ashamed of DP. You played one of the better programs in Florida. Good luck in 8A.

Mainland 42 DP 21

I would add three things to Dan's comments.

1. Dr. Phillips did score first, albeit from a short field situation. But they looked like they may have been able to compete during the first quarter.

2. Houston is as slippery as an eel. Almost no way to defend against this kid; he can burn you through the air and with his legs. He is very under-recruited.

3. Regarding Mainland's rushing numbers, the yards gotten by Houston were what they were; there was little Dp. could have done. However, the yards gotten by the feature back, should have been reduced with adjustments on defense. Mainland was running the same play all night and Phillips did nothing to contain it. For a team whose strong point is defense, that baffles me.

Boy was I wrong.  Mainland was impressive.  The combo of 5 QB  and 24 RB  was unstoppable. DP was flat all night.  The O-line did not play well for DP or the d-line was strong for Mainland. Our OB was just Okay and over threw a few opportunities but the receiver dropped a lot of balls as well.  Our defense could get pressure but could not tackle #5 and he just out maneuvered everyone. He also was great at finding the open man.  Well deserved win for mainland.  Now we go for 5 easy wins.