DILLARD (3-1) @ BOYD ANDERSON (3-1) LIVE GAME THREAD!!

“PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE)

ErmacX2 didn't say anything about Sistrunk/Franklin Park being soft. Where was that stated?

I think he was just focusing about the games played on the field - not crime statistics. I think his point was you don't need a crime ridden area to make for a good rivalry at a high school football game. If that were the case people would be lining up to play Suncoast out of Riviera Beach and Homestead High school. The stabbing is unfortunate and may have had nothing to do with the game being played on the field.

As a friend Broward im asking would you say what that up there just said in Franklin Park because i sure wouldn't i wanna live

Please. It's just HSFB. I been to Dillard before, it's not as packed as Traz, or a top-tier program before down here. No offense, but there shouldn't be no stabbings anywhere. That's embrassing. Who ever is ahead of that athletic should elevate themselves. I could understand if that was in Dade County like around North Dade or South Dade, but not around fort lauderdale.

Well then why would you understand if this happened in Dade and not "around Ft. lauderdale"? This statement makes it sound like you think that there are no dangerous places in Broward, and thats why these two where saying that. Nobody was claiming that Dillard or Ba was a bigger rivalry than the ones in Miami.

You think that violence only happens at games with ranked teams or something? Lol.

Anyways all these stabbings and violence @ games is sad, but it's been happening for ages and is a reason a lot of people won't go to certain games.

Well then why would you understand if this happened in Dade and not "around Ft. lauderdale"? This statement makes it sound like you think that there are no dangerous places in Broward, and thats why these two where saying that. Nobody was claiming that Dillard or Ba was a bigger rivalry than the ones in Miami.

You think that violence only happens at games with ranked teams or something? Lol.

Anyways all these stabbings and violence @ games is sad, but it's been happening for ages and is a reason a lot of people won't go to certain games.

I been knew that. Just go to handicapper's note. He explained the point that i was making. I been to games that had a shooting occurence, and it was no premier game at all. It wouldn't stop me from going, but it shouldn't be tolerated.

Two people were shot at a Boca Raton football game a few years back just 40 yards from the field.  I believe there was a fairly large physical fight with lots of fans from rivalry schools this season up in Fort Pierce which lead to the game being canceled in the 3rd quarter or something...It happens and it really sucks when it ruins the game and true rivalry.

I'm sure you could find isolated incidents throughout the US with acts of violence unfortunately happening at high school games.  Sometimes inner-city , sometimes rural , sometimes great teams, sometimes poor teams.  We may not hear about it but you could probably find violent acts being committed in the back woods of West Virginia at football games just as much or more so South Florida. It does not make them bigger rivals, better teams or a more dangerous city/town - just more foolish and more morons showing up at football games.

Call me crazy but the true rivalry of a high school game is what happens ON the field, not off the field idiots looking for attention.

@browardH And Ermac...I completely get where you're coming from and I agree. I do feel like occurances of these types are happening more than the usual though. How many shots fired/stabbings have their been this year alone? Definitely a few in the Tricounty area this year.

@browardH And Ermac...I completely get where you're coming from and I agree. I do feel like occurances of these types are happening more than the usual though. How many shots fired/stabbings have their been this year alone? Definitely a few in the Tricounty area this year.

Agree with you. But it is happening everywhere.  Yes, perhaps more than usual in SFL and perhaps more than usual nationwide as well.  Random shootings and stabbings are probably up at traffic stops, grocery stores and malls as well nationwide.  Not good.  Maybe I am getting off topic...I just thought the subject matter was related to rivalry games and what happens ON the field fuels a rivalry more so than a idiot that chooses to show up at a football game and act out against others.  If wish they would just handle their business/beef away from football games and between one another elsewhere. Also, I don't know if these morons are aware but if they are caught with a weapon ( with or without a permit) on school grounds the consequences probably double if they are found guilty.

September 2016 alone outside of SFL:

http://ktla.com/2016/09/18/man-injured-in-moreno-valley-shooting-after-high-school-football-game-later-dies/

http://usatodayhss.com/2016/police-teen-shot-at-football-game-in-tulsa

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/08/27/0827-teens-shot-after-football-game.html

http://abc30.com/news/shots-fired-near-selma-high-school-during-football-game/1515357/

http://www.fox4news.com/news/210103875-story

The list could go on and on....

@954gator What you're saying is absolutely correct but still you have to check because If you have a big rival game like Northwestern and Central, especially with the magnitude of knocking Central out the playoffs next week will be high. I'm not saying people will cut up so don't quote me, but I've been to enough games at Traz Powell stadium to know at a blink of an eye things get serious. The two occasions on which something happened I wasn't around and didn't know what happened until I seen the news.