BYE WEEK

9/23/23 MIRAMAR (HOME)

9/29/23 @ BOYD ANDERSON 

10/6/23 CHAMINADE MADONNA(HOME)

10/13/23 PLANTATION (HOME)

10/20/23  @ FT LAUDERDALE 

10/27/23 ST THOMAS AQUINAS (HOME)

11/3/23 @ BLANCHE ELY 

I love the choice of opponents, but I hate the layout. Week 3 is way too early for a bye week. You should have played STA week 8 with a week 7 bye to give yourselves 2 weeks to prepare for them to win the district.

Stranahan looks weak on paper and will be lucky to stay within 21 points of Dillard.

Naples is a very intriguing matchup. They run slip halfback veer offense that can be very tough to defend. Naples will be more than content to throw only 2-4 passes a game to try to win. You make one mistake, they can take a whole quarter off of the clock. 

Cardinal Gibbons is a toss up.

Miramar I see as being a 35-21 type of game.  They will keep respectable for a half but your depth will take over. 

Boyd Andersen is weak. Easy Panther victory.

CMD I see as a loss. Even at home with Dillard wanting revenge their talent will be too much. 

Plantation is sneaky good. Can’t fall into their trap and think they will be easy.

Gonna have to bring everything you have to beat STA. This looks like a loss but anything could happen in a rivalry game. 

And of course, can’t overlook Blanch Ely. Don’t forget what happened last season. 

overall I see an 8-2 season for your panthers. STA and CMD being the two teams that beat you. Naples and CG are tossups that Dillard should win, but can’t ignore. Just wish you guys had a later bye week.

1 minute ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

I love the choice of opponents, but I hate the layout. Week 3 is way too early for a bye week. You should have played STA week 8 with a week 7 bye to give yourselves 2 weeks to prepare for them to win the district.

Stranahan looks weak on paper and will be lucky to stay within 21 points of Dillard.

Naples is a very intriguing matchup. They run slip halfback veer offense that can be very tough to defend. Naples will be more than content to throw only 2-4 passes a game to try to win. You make one mistake, they can take a whole quarter off of the clock. 

Miramar I see as being a 35-21 type of game.  They will keep respectable for a half but your depth will take over. 

CMD I see as a loss. Even at home with Dillard wanting revenge their talent will be too much. 

Plantation is sneaky good. Can’t fall into their trap and think they will be easy.

Gonna have to bring everything you have to beat STA. This looks like a loss but anything could happen in a rivalry game. 

And of course, can’t overlook Blanch Ely. Don’t forget what happened last season. 

overall I see an 8-2 season for your panthers. STA and CMD being the two teams that beat you. Naples and CG are tossups that Dillard should win, but can’t ignore. Just wish you guys had a later bye week.

Couldn’t have said it better myself. Especially with how early our bye week is. I would most def have thought it would have been the week b4 we play chaminade or the week b4 we play st Thomas.

2 minutes ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

As far as the schedule goes it most def is a EXTREMELY Solid schedule with 3 2022 state champions CMD,STA, CG & I believe Naples won the suburban title as well so if that’s true Dillard will be going up against 4 state champs from last year. 

on top of losing more than half our team to either western, MC or CMD , then a good percentage graduated. Add that with having a new head coach & coaching staff this is most def gonna be an interesting season where I don’t even know what to expect. 

1 hour ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

As far as the schedule goes it most def is a EXTREMELY Solid schedule with 3 2022 state champions CMD,STA, CG & I believe Naples won the suburban title as well so if that’s true Dillard will be going up against 4 state champs from last year. 

on top of losing more than half our team to either western, MC or CMD , then a good percentage graduated. Add that with having a new head coach & coaching staff this is most def gonna be an interesting season where I don’t even know what to expect. 

Naples was not a State champ or runner up last year.

2 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Naples suffered a major upset from Dunbar last season. But still, that will be a good game. Naples is always tough!

18 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

8/25/23 - STRANAHAN (HOME)

9/1/23 - @ NAPLES

9/8/23 - CARDINAL GIBBONS (HOME)

BYE WEEK

9/23/23 MIRAMAR (HOME)

9/29/23 @ BOYD ANDERSON 

10/6/23 CHAMINADE MADONNA(HOME)

10/13/23 PLANTATION (HOME)

10/20/23  @ FT LAUDERDALE 

10/27/23 ST THOMAS AQUINAS (HOME)

11/3/23 @ BLANCHE ELY 

It looks like it could b a 4-5 loss season to me. 
I haven’t heard of any major transfers plus another coaching change!!!???? Let alone losing a # of players……they’ll b out coached by Gibbons, STA, Naples, Ely, & Chaminade. Those teams will match or better their athletes. Plantation & Miramar can match up with them. 
last year was an important year for Dillard & they failed….& lost the opportunity to stay/be elite….

3 hours ago, Jullian said:

I haven’t heard of any major transfers plus another coaching change!!!???? Let alone losing a # of players……they’ll b out coached by Gibbons, STA, Naples, Ely, & Chaminade. Those teams will match or better their athletes. Plantation & Miramar can match up with them. 
last year was an important year for Dillard & they failed….& lost the opportunity to stay/be elite….

I can see where you’re coming from & why you would say that. As a Panther what I would hold my hat on is the fact before the mass transfer intake we had last year Dillard had 3 consecutive above avg years with only 3 loses combined in those 3 years & that was with MOSTLY home grown talent that started at jv and came up to varsity. 

11 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I can see where you’re coming from & why you would say that. As a Panther what I would hold my hat on is the fact before the mass transfer intake we had last year Dillard had 3 consecutive above avg years with only 3 loses combined in those 3 years & that was with MOSTLY home grown talent that started at jv and came up to varsity. 

Hope you’re right my friend…….

3 hours ago, Jullian said:

As far as the transfers we lost in the past few months , yes tho we’re some talented pieces , but we didn’t hoist not one championship with those pieces nor post a deep playoff run. 

most of those same kids we lost didn’t want to come to practice, didn’t wanna go to class nor stay out of trouble, didn’t want discipline nor accountability & it caused a huge rift in the locker room. It was MOST DEF time for a change.

as far as the head coaching change macinney who they gave the job is as close to Eddie as we’re gonna get. Not only does he have deep ties within the community but he also has won multiple championships on each level he has coached on including little league and also multiple undefeated season as HC of jv. 

15 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

As far as the transfers we lost in the past few months , yes tho we’re some talented pieces , but we didn’t hoist not one championship with those pieces nor post a deep playoff run. 

most of those same kids we lost didn’t want to come to practice, didn’t wanna go to class nor stay out of trouble, didn’t want discipline nor accountability & it caused a huge rift in the locker room. It was MOST DEF time for a change.

as far as the head coaching change macinney who they gave the job is as close to Eddie as we’re gonna get. Not only does he have deep ties within the community but he also has won multiple championships on each level he has coached on including little league and also multiple undefeated season as HC of jv. 

The failure of last year was both losses to Ely. Dillard never improved or got better from the first game! 
perhaps they’ll fly under the radar this year & that’ll help them. 
sometimes those “deep ties” have been Dillard’s undoing……

it’ll b here soon!

2 minutes ago, Jullian said:

Hope you’re right my friend…….

As far as season predictions tho, a lot can happen between now & game 1 of the regular season. 

let’s give this new coaching staff a full off season, 7on7s & etc & let’s see how they’re looking come kick off classic time. 

lookinh at the amount of kids we lost it’s easy to think Dillard would have a Flanagan or Deerfield type collapse but I just don’t see it. Not to say it can’t happen. 

as far as the predictions 

STRANAHAN: (HOME) WIN

NAPLES: (AWAY) TOSS UP (Naples probably would be favored at home)

MIRAMAR(HOME): TOSS UP, beat them the last 5 years but b4 that they owned us so we will see.

FT LAUDERDALE (AWAY) WIN

BOYD ANDERSON (AWAY) WIN 

CHAMINADE (HOME) , Until proven otherwise “LOSS”

ST THOMAS AQUINAS (HOME) , Until proven otherwise “LOSS”

CARDINAL GIBBONS: (HOME) TOSS UP. i actually think this is gonna be a great game , but as of right now the coaching goes to gibbons.

PLANTATION (HOME) “TOSS UP” should be a very good game even tho Dillard has won the last 4 matchups. 

BLANCHE ELY (AWAY) “TOSS UP” Ely is 1-6 vs Dillard in the past 6 seasons with their 1 win coming in dramatic upset fashion in the playoffs last year, I expect this year to be a great matchup as well. 

OVERALL I can see Dillard ending the season at BEST (7-3) At WORST 6-4 & getting in as a high seed because of strength of schedule. 

8 minutes ago, Jullian said:

The failure of last year was both losses to Ely. Dillard never improved or got better from the first game! 
perhaps they’ll fly under the radar this year & that’ll help them. 
sometimes those “deep ties” have been Dillard’s undoing……

it’ll b here soon!

We only lost to ely once that first matchup was called a “NO CONTEST” you can’t declare a winner in a game of that magnitude when it’s a 2 point game in the beginning of the third qt with a entire half to go. 

as far as everything else you said Dillard did about what was expected of them. 

they didn’t have not ONE CLEAR advantage over CHAMINADE, STA OR CENTRAL. Whatever Dillard on their roster that made them great over a lot of teams in broward those same 3 teams had that & 3X more. Dillard literally had to play perfect to beat STA, CMD or central & they didn’t & they lost.

the only inexcusable lost we had was unfortunately to ELY in the second round of the playoffs which ended our season. The same round we lost in the year prior only diff was it was to homestead who we was also favored to beat. 

which is why I said at the end of the season & im saying now. It was time for a change. 

44 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

We only lost to ely once that first matchup was called a “NO CONTEST” you can’t declare a winner in a game of that magnitude when it’s a 2 point game in the beginning of the third qt with a entire half to go. 

as far as everything else you said Dillard did about what was expected of them. 

they didn’t have not ONE CLEAR advantage over CHAMINADE, STA OR CENTRAL. Whatever Dillard on their roster that made them great over a lot of teams in broward those same 3 teams had that & 3X more. Dillard literally had to play perfect to beat STA, CMD or central & they didn’t & they lost.

the only inexcusable lost we had was unfortunately to ELY in the second round of the playoffs which ended our season. The same round we lost in the year prior only diff was it was to homestead who we was also favored to beat. 

which is why I said at the end of the season & im saying now. It was time for a change. 

Remember when you play your rival school like Ely in the Soul Bowl game record goes out the door.

4 minutes ago, FBGUY1989 said:

Remember when you play your rival school like Ely in the Soul Bowl game record goes out the door.

Most Def but when you beat your most hated rival 5 str8 years in blowout fashion each time you start feeling ya self & for that Dillard got humbled. As far as this year we will see what both teams hitting on. 

4 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Most Def but when you beat your most hated rival 5 str8 years in blowout fashion each time you start feeling ya self & for that Dillard got humbled. As far as this year we will see what both teams hitting on. 

Gotcha. So what's your outlook this year. District Champs, Soul Bowl win State title what. A lot of kids transfered out and adding a new coach can be tough. Undefeated season is not going to happen but I'm not bashing Dillard though.

3 hours ago, FBGUY1989 said:

Gotcha. So what's your outlook this year. District Champs, Soul Bowl win State title what. A lot of kids transfered out and adding a new coach can be tough. Undefeated season is not going to happen but I'm not bashing Dillard though.

We’re most def NOT going undefeated, unless we have an off season for the ages. & everything falls in line perfectly each day & each week from the players to the coaches. 

but knowing what we lost & looking at our schedule I see Dillard going AT BEST (7-3) & At worst (6-4). Losing the district to STA but getting in as a high seed because of strength of schedule. & we will see what happens once we’re there. 

3 hours ago, FBGUY1989 said:

Even tho a lot of the transfers we got last year transferred out again this year, Dillard is still gonna b fairly decent. We have a lot of great talent coming up from a JV team who went undefeated & beat sta jv squad who’s also very good. 

& as far as the new head coach we have , he was our jv coach who went undefeated the last 2 years, & he also has won multiple little league championships, so he’s well known within that community as well & off that alone should be able to get some kids in. 

how will all that come together by august , we will see. 

15 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Even tho a lot of the transfers we got last year transferred out again this year, Dillard is still gonna b fairly decent. We have a lot of great talent coming up from a JV team who went undefeated & beat sta jv squad who’s also very good. 

& as far as the new head coach we have , he was our jv coach who went undefeated the last 2 years, & he also has won multiple little league championships, so he’s well known within that community as well & off that alone should be able to get some kids in. 

how will all that come together by august , we will see. 

Gotha and good luck this season to your Dillard Panthers.