Good year to be a Buccaneer?

VeniceIndianFan

9 minutes ago, Nulli Secundus said:

Will ColumbiaFan return and lobby for his team!?

From what I've heard, he created a new account on the PrepGridirion board and has been having a blast chasing Carlos Danger, RedZone, Concha, Skyway, and BufordGeorgiaWolves around like a bunch of little kids. After reading some of the garbage that flows from that board, I'm staying well clear of it. 

14 minutes ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

From what I've heard, he created a new account on the PrepGridirion board and has been having a blast chasing Carlos Danger, RedZone, Concha, Skyway, and BufordGeorgiaWolves around like a bunch of little kids. After reading some of the garbage that flows from that board, I'm staying well clear of it. 

I’ve noticed he hasn’t been on here I wonder what made him leave this board 

4 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I’ve noticed he hasn’t been on here I wonder what made him leave this board 

As @Jullian and @VeniceIndianFan pointed out, I proposed a friendly board wager and the loser would put something in their signature about the winning team.  @DisabledAccount decided to go all in and counter my bet with terms of his own and lost.  Below is a link to the original thread.

Introducing DisabledAccount: Lake Wales 37, Columbia 7 - Crow Time

On 7/13/2023 at 7:31 PM, VeniceIndianFan said:

@Columbiafan asked me to respond to this thread for him. I have chosen not to quote him verbatim, but instead provide the essence of what he wished conveyed. 

He made the decision early last season that he was going to exit writing and posting on football regardless of outcome for the Tigers. His reasons for doing this were multifaceted. Largely they centered on the current state of football in the state and the difficulties they presented for a geographically isolated school like CHS to compete fairly.  There were other reasons largely centered on a small number of posters that also influenced his decision. Consequently, he knew his bet did not mean much as he was leaving regardless. 

He also wishes to dispel the notion that he is posting on Prepgridiron. He finds that message board toxic and a disservice to high school football. 

I will miss him, as he loved his alma mater's football team and was a decent contributor to the message board. But I understand his reasons and, perhaps, the time had come for him to move on. I disagree with his conclusion that CHS cannot compete as I think 3S is a relatively weak class and that Columbia had the talent to compete and win a title in it. Time will tell.

52 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

@Columbiafan asked me to respond to this thread for him. I have chosen not to quote him verbatim, but instead provide the essence of what he wished conveyed. 

He made the decision early last season that he was going to exit writing and posting on football regardless of outcome for the Tigers. His reasons for doing this were multifaceted. Largely they centered on the current state of football in the state and the difficulties they presented for a geographically isolated school like CHS to compete fairly.  There were other reasons largely centered on a small number of posters that also influenced his decision. Consequently, he knew his bet did not mean much as he was leaving regardless. 

He also wishes to dispel the notion that he is posting on Prepgridiron. He finds that message board toxic and a disservice to high school football. 

I will miss him, as he loved his alma mater's football team and was a decent contributor to the message board. But I understand his reasons and, perhaps, the time had come for him to move on. I disagree with his conclusion that CHS cannot compete as I think 3S is a relatively weak class and that Columbia had the talent to compete and win a title in it. Time will tell.

Thank you. I have no contact for him outside of these boards so your insight is much appreciated. Despite what other people thought of him I always thought he was extremely knowledgeable on football around the state, even if he was a little brash at times.

To say that the PrepGridiron is a train wreck would be too kind. Reading posts from that board is just a general displeasure.

Columbia can certainly compete in 3S but they will face very stiff competition from Mainland and Rockledge. Naples is looking at a relatively young team this season and Lake Wales’ defense is going to require much retooling. 

From things he’s told me on this board, he was pursuing a sports journalism degree. If he really has discontinued writing, and that it was presumably his major source of income, I don’t know where he goes from here. Hope everything works out for him. 

7 hours ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

From things he’s told me on this board, he was pursuing a sports journalism degree. If he really has discontinued writing, and that it was presumably his major source of income, I don’t know where he goes from here. Hope everything works out for him. 

Back in 2018, I took in a Columbia home game against Fletcher with him. I was going to Tally the following day and figured I would spend the night in Lake City on the way there. I found him to be a good host and a solid young man. I am not sure what his current circumstances are, but I certainly hope he does well in life. I have encouraged him to keep in touch if he wants to bounce any ideas off an old man.