4th Qt DILLARD 19 NAPLES 29

THIS_IS_DILLARD

I’m Not Sure If The Panthers & The Golden Eagles Have Ever Played, if they Did it was Long Long Ago. 

I know nothing about Naples , I just know they’re usually really solid up that way & then put up a fight in the playoffs vs a south Florida school but lose pace as the game goes on ultimately losing in the playoffs. 

it’s a long drive up lowkey but I’ll be in attendance so hopefully my panthers can pick up a signature road win to get to (2-0).

This will tell you a lot about how good Dillard is at their home. Naples is usually a very gritty team and has 2 or 3 state titles in the past 25 seasons. 

They will put up a fight at home. I think Dillard wins, but would not be shocked if they did not.

Good luck. I hope the officials call a good game.

3 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

This will tell you a lot about how good Dillard is at their home. Naples is usually a very gritty team and has 2 or 3 state titles in the past 25 seasons. 

They will put up a fight at home. I think Dillard wins, but would not be shocked if they did not.

Good luck. I hope the officials call a good game.

Heavy on the hoping the officials call a good game lol. I think if Dillard can jump out to a good lead I think our defense will seal the deal. 

we just have to get off to a fast start. Looking at some of Naples highlights on YouTube they appear to love the run game and establishing the run. And they also appear to have a lot of athletes. 

not sure if the south Florida speed has ever been a problem for them but if so hopefully we can use it to our advantage. 

South Florida speed will be an issue. They will try and contain it by controlling the clock on time consuming drives. Back in 2003, Mainland beat them in a very entertaining state title game largely by out athleting them with superior speed. But they never gave up and kept that game interesting till very near the end.

2 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

South Florida speed will be an issue. They will try and contain it by controlling the clock on time consuming drives. Back in 2003, Mainland beat them in a very entertaining state title game largely by out athleting them with superior speed. But they never gave up and kept that game interesting till very near the end.

Do they suppose to have a great squad this year or an elusive Qb ?

1 minute ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I have not followed them closely since their legendary coach retired some years back, but the often have a dual threat type QB, who can run the ball some. 

Hopefully we can find a weakness in their defense and win a 28-14 type of game. So far this year Dillard has scored on more big plays then I have seen in a while so hopefully with our speed Wrs & our qb who can also take off for a 70 yard rushing td that we can cause problems for Naples. I know they’re crows is gonna be hyped facing a south Florida team so we just to be ready. 

3 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

The winner of the game jumps in my top 25. Just a little added motivation to each team before the game 

Dam the other team it just need to be Dillard lol. Even tho I feel like we should be in there already atleast 20-25 but with losing all the transfers and not a “signature win” yet I get it. But as you stated Friday would do it. 

On 8/30/2023 at 11:21 AM, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Dam the other team it just need to be Dillard lol. Even tho I feel like we should be in there already atleast 20-25 but with losing all the transfers and not a “signature win” yet I get it. But as you stated Friday would do it. 

Josh has Dillard a 20 point dog…..

2 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

That spread is too wide. I think the margin either way will be less than 14.

I wonder how he came down to that conclusion. 

my only thing when jobs does rankings & predictions especially on south Florida schools is that he has zero knowledge about us down here unless it’s Miami central or sta or something, so he’s not able to give an accurate assessment nor prediction. 

but he does the best that he can do I respect it. Now if Dillard don’t show up & get to a great start and impose their will ; it can very well get ugly on the road against a team whose very good at home. 

I’m taking that 2 hour trip tho so they ass better show up LMAO LOL.

18 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I wonder how he came down to that conclusion. 

my only thing when jobs does rankings & predictions especially on south Florida schools is that he has zero knowledge about us down here unless it’s Miami central or sta or something, so he’s not able to give an accurate assessment nor prediction. 

but he does the best that he can do I respect it. Now if Dillard don’t show up & get to a great start and impose their will ; it can very well get ugly on the road against a team whose very good at home. 

I’m taking that 2 hour trip tho so they ass better show up LMAO LOL.

32 years ago, I almost took a job in Naples with Westinghouse Communities, later WCI Communities, and now a subsidiary of Lennar. I passed on the job because while Naples was beautiful, I felt it was not for me. Had I taken that job, most likely my kids would have gone to Naples High. 

18 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

32 years ago, I almost took a job in Naples with Westinghouse Communities, later WCI Communities, and now a subsidiary of Lennar. I passed on the job because while Naples was beautiful, I felt it was not for me. Had I taken that job, most likely my kids would have gone to Naples High. 

That’s wassup bro. And isn’t Naples high the only high school in Naples lol ? And when was the last time you seen them play. 

12 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

That’s wassup bro. And isn’t Naples high the only high school in Naples lol ? And when was the last time you seen them play. 

Last time I saw them was at Camping World in Orlando. They beat St. Augustine for the state title. Along the way, they knocked off a Miami team. That was about 10 years ago, give or take a year or two. 

39 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

O ok that’s wassup. Who do your darters play tonight. 

Apopka plays long time rival and former district foe, West Orange. Last year they beat us 13-6 at their place. This year they travel to Apopka. This game always draws a good crowd though we are not in the same district anymore. 

7 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Apopka plays long time rival and former district foe, West Orange. Last year they beat us 13-6 at their place. This year they travel to Apopka. This game always draws a good crowd though we are not in the same district anymore. 

O okay good luck bro I’ll be making the drive to Naples tonight (don’t really feel like it tho lol) but for Dillard it’s wherever whenever. 

3 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

O okay good luck bro I’ll be making the drive to Naples tonight (don’t really feel like it tho lol) but for Dillard it’s wherever whenever. 

I believe you will see a good game. Good luck to the Dillard Panthers.

Later this year, I may come watch a Dillard game if you are still in the hunt as my niece puts on the Thanksgiving celebration this year. She lives in Broward County, so I will likely go to a South Florida unless Apopka has what I consider a critical playoff matchup.

Darter has a very good assessment.  Naples runs a triple option offense which you rarely see on the east coast.   You probably won't play this type of team again this year.  If the Panthers can stop it early, they'll be fine.  If not, they could be in trouble.  I know they graduated 2 D-1 rb's from last year but have a tendency to re-load.  The quarterback is a transfer from Barron Collier who can throw very well, but no clue how he will fit in with their usual game plan.  Shut down the running game and you will probably be fine. It would be helpful to see film on how Dunbar played them last year in the playoffs. I would think your coaches have watched that one.  They're tough at home but I'll go with Darter's prediction and say the Panthers will win.  

2 minutes ago, Wavebb said:

Darter has a very good assessment.  Naples runs a triple option offense which you rarely see on the east coast.   You probably won't play this type of team again this year.  If the Panthers can stop it early, they'll be fine.  If not, they could be in trouble.  I know they graduated 2 D-1 rb's from last year but have a tendency to re-load.  The quarterback is a transfer from Barron Collier who can throw very well, but no clue how he will fit in with their usual game plan.  Shut down the running game and you will probably be fine. It would be helpful to see film on how Dunbar played them last year in the playoffs. I would think your coaches have watched that one.  They're tough at home but I'll go with Darter's prediction and say the Panthers will win.  

He seems to be fitting in fine being that they put up 40+ on Leigh. Now I don’t know anything about Leigh if they’re good or terrible. But hopefully by the end of the first qt we would have made adjustments. 

winning @ Naples where they hardly ever lose would be a signature win for a Dillard team who lost over 20 transfers a head coach and DC. Let’s go panthers. 

23 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I believe you will see a good game. Good luck to the Dillard Panthers.

Later this year, I may come watch a Dillard game if you are still in the hunt as my niece puts on the Thanksgiving celebration this year. She lives in Broward County, so I will likely go to a South Florida unless Apopka has what I consider a critical playoff matchup.

I’m down for it bro.