Treasure Coast 66 - Jesuit 28... am I reading this score correctly?

PinellasFB

9 hours ago, PinellasFB said:

Anybody got the scoop on how TC gave Jesuit such a beat down like I've never seen?

I was at the game. Titans might have had 400 yds rushing. OL know their assignments. Lotta homeruns. Jesuit not the team it was that 1 great year. Looked lost. 

11 minutes ago, Longtime Observer said:

What about Miami Norland makes Manatee and Treasure Coast better? I'm not familiar with how that works.

Manatee beat IMG Varsity in the preseason, and then beat Lake Minneola and a much improved Sarasota team fairly easily. I didn’t mention Miami Norland. Treasure Coast just hung 66 on Jesuit. That speaks volumes already. 

3 hours ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

Manatee beat IMG Varsity in the preseason, and then beat Lake Minneola and a much improved Sarasota team fairly easily. I didn’t mention Miami Norland. Treasure Coast just hung 66 on Jesuit. That speaks volumes already. 

"IMG Varsity" is a "B" squad, something almost akin to a JV roster anywhere else. It's not the IMG that folks see playing on TV. Lake Minneola is 0-2. Sarasota is 0-3 and lost to little Fort Meade. The notion that those wins elevate them to at or above a team that's beaten them by a combined 82-0 the last two times they played-all because Miami Norland is really good and beat that team- is wishful thinking. Really, really wishful thinking. 

TC has been impressive so far. And, if the silly and awful FHSAA ratings system works out to where TC is the number one seed that would host all playoff games, they would be a major player.

42 minutes ago, Longtime Observer said:

"IMG Varsity" is a "B" squad, something almost akin to a JV roster anywhere else. It's not the IMG that folks see playing on TV. Lake Minneola is 0-2. Sarasota is 0-3 and lost to little Fort Meade. The notion that those wins elevate them to at or above a team that's beaten them by a combined 82-0 the last two times they played-all because Miami Norland is really good and beat that team- is wishful thinking. Really, really wishful thinking. 

TC has been impressive so far. And, if the silly and awful FHSAA ratings system works out to where TC is the number one seed that would host all playoff games, they would be a major player.

IMG’s Varsity team may not be their “national” team, but they are anything but a pushover. They are very well-coached and still have good football players. In the hunt for the #1 seed in your playoff bracket, you can never overlook any team, least of all anyone with the name, “IMG,” on their jerseys. 

If you followed this board after being banned for a year before creating this new account, you would know that I was *the* first person to point out that Manatee was going to be really good. But, I was met with laughing and confused stickers on my posts and the general  thought they were going to be the same team that they were throughout the previous decade.  Starting the season with 3 straight wins looks the part of them improving in a big way. As a huge Venice fanboy, I am really not looking forward to the idea of Venice having to go through Manatee to make it to round 4 of the playoffs. Their defense could shut us down all night, and that’s not hyperbole. We will see how everything shakes out but I really think 4S is in the air right now. 

On 9/2/2023 at 9:28 AM, Jullian said:

I was at the game. Titans might have had 400 yds rushing. OL know their assignments. Lotta homeruns. Jesuit not the team it was that 1 great year. Looked lost. 

I thought with TC up 32-21 at the half, the 2nd half would be just as wild, but TC hit the gas with those 2 quick TD to open the 3rd quarter and never looked back.