Cocoa Appeal Officially Denied

KeemD321

1 hour ago, imjustafan2 said:

Atleast now the organization took accountability and the refs were suspended. FHSAA shouldn't count that loss on Cocoa's schedule when it comes to playoff seeding.

57 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

Atleast now the organization took accountability and the refs were suspended. FHSAA shouldn't count that loss on Cocoa's schedule when it comes to playoff seeding.

Given the nature of the rule which has been sited herein, the result could not be overturned. However, their officials association has acknowledged that bad calls that were results changing occurred in the final 88 seconds and have apparently suspended the crew. 

The above is a step in the right direction. Hopefully, it will discourage such bad officiating in the future. I do believe that the current rule should be change to allow, under egregious circumstances, an appeal that could overturn an obviously bad outcome. 

1 hour ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Given the nature of the rule which has been sited herein, the result could not be overturned. However, their officials association has acknowledged that bad calls that were results changing occurred in the final 88 seconds and have apparently suspended the crew. 

The above is a step in the right direction. Hopefully, it will discourage such bad officiating in the future. I do believe that the current rule should be change to allow, under egregious circumstances, an appeal that could overturn an obviously bad outcome. 

Ultimately it brought light to a situation that occurs too often and now sets a precedent that there could be repercussions holding people accountable.

I told this message board what would happen, and I was right as I usually am. This officiating crew was held accountable by being suspended, and the Cocoa AD and Head Coach were given the apology that they deserved. The Tigers were not allotted the victory that they earned and deserved, but this was the best outcome under the rules and the circumstances. I wish that the underlying problems and issues that a situation like this exposes into the open could be discussed, but it cannot be on this message board. Hopefully, this never happens again.  

6 minutes ago, Longtime Observer said:

While we understand that an outcome can not be reversed- and this is sound policy IMO- what can happen is the game can not be tabulated in playoffs ratings. For playoff ratings purposes, make it a "no contest".

I agree as well. That's truly the main reason I feel they tried to appeal. The night it happened they said they wouldn't appeal because they knew the outcome. But if this game does go towards seeding then Cocoa unfortunately would be on the road for the regional final and semifinal. Which in turn would have them missing out on gate revenue and being put in the hole for travel and more. When they would in theory if they win out in the regular season would be hosting those games.