FINAL CHAMINADE 31 MIAMI CENTRAL 28

THIS_IS_DILLARD

On 9/27/2023 at 10:04 PM, Jambun82 said:

You don't tell me what to do. I asked a question, and I expect and demand an answer. Otherwise, there should be no comments about officiating on this message board. 

How old are you? either you’re way too old to be here or way too young. No inbetween

I do have another theory But i fear I may be kicked off the board if I say. 

10 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Jambun, Personal Foul .....No more "french fries" for you !

Dan, since you paid for the last Red Robin meal, maybe it will be my turn to pay at this great restaurant that you should eat at more often. In fact, you can bring your friend DarterBlue2, since he seems to be too scared to talk with me anymore. 

1 hour ago, cribboy305 said:

How old are you? either you’re way too old to be here or way too young. No inbetween

I do have another theory But i fear I may be kicked off the board if I say. 

Thank you for the compliments, cribboy305! Of course, I will call you out, or any other message board poster, who criticizes highs school football officiating, and you WILL answer my questions! 

11 hours ago, Jambun82 said:

That is what I thought! 

Officiating question for you Jambun82.  On a kickoff that goes out of bounds, is it always placed at the 35-yard line if the penalty is accepted by the receiving team or if it goes out say at the 42 is it placed there?   Also, I thought I read somewhere that holding penalty against the offense is marked back 10 yards from the line of scrimmage..... or is it from the point of the foul??  Thanks in advance for your consideration. 

10 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Officiating question for you Jambun82.  On a kickoff that goes out of bounds, is it always placed at the 35-yard line if the penalty is accepted by the receiving team or if it goes out say at the 42 is it placed there?   Also, I thought I read somewhere that holding penalty against the offense is marked back 10 yards from the line of scrimmage..... or is it from the point of the foul??  Thanks in advance for your consideration. 

Ray, on a free-kick (kickoff) that goes out-of-bounds untouched by the receiving team, the offended team has four options, 1. Take the ball 25 yards in advance of the kicking team's free-kick line 2. Take the ball 5 yards in advance of where the ball went out out-of-bounds 3. Take the ball on the yard line that the ball went out-of-bounds 4. Have K re-kick with a 5 yard penalty.  On a foul by the offensive team on a running play, the basic spot for penalty enforcement is either the spot of the foul if the foul is beyond the line-of-scrimmage, or the line-of-scrimmage if the foul is behind or at the line-of-scrimmage. 

12 minutes ago, Jambun82 said:

Ray, on a free-kick (kickoff) that goes out-of-bounds untouched by the receiving team, the offended team has four options, 1. Take the ball 25 yards in advance of the kicking team's free-kick line 2. Take the ball 5 yards in advance of where the ball went out out-of-bounds 3. Take the ball on the yard line that the ball went out-of-bounds 4. Have K re-kick with a 5 yard penalty.  On a foul by the offensive team on a running play, the basic spot for penalty enforcement is either the spot of the foul if the foul is beyond the line-of-scrimmage, or the line-of-scrimmage if the foul is behind or at the line-of-scrimmage. 

Thanks for the clarification as these penalties each happened a couple of times and the ball placement was not the same each time thus the question.  The officials did administer them correctly with the different options you described.  Thanks. One last question.  Recovered fumbles can be advanced in the opposite direction by the defensive team, but does that also apply to a 2-pt. conversion attempt??

6 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Thanks for the clarification as these penalties each happened a couple of times and the ball placement was not the same each time thus the question.  The officials did administer them correctly with the different options you described.  Thanks. One last question.  Recovered fumbles can be advanced in the opposite direction by the defensive team, but does that also apply to a 2-pt. conversion attempt??

No. B, the team on defense, cannot advance a recovered fumble on a try. As soon as team B secures possession on a try, the play ends. You're welcome.