Columbus @ BTW 10/20 7PM

BrowardHandicapper

What happened to BTW? They beat STA and then they went upside down. I know they are much better than their record.

Besides losing to Jackson, they had a challenging schedule so far....

Central

Da West

Southridge

STA

AHP(KOC)

Miami Pace (surprisingly good this year)

Edison (got their players to stay and are undefeated I belive)

Columbus (this week)

They are well tested for the playoffs....

If I know BTW. they come loaded for a run in the playoffs. You can never count them out, that's a mistake if you do. They have played some decent teams. Just wondering if they had some hurt players or something?

I am not aware of any significant injuries but maybe someone can update for us.  

Realistically,  BTW's only questionable loss was to Jackson back in early Sept.  They lost to Central and Northwestern who frankly just might be better than them.  They beat AHP in a KOC and STA on 8/26.  Both of those teams would probably handle BTW if they played this week as well.  Perhaps off track a little and we probably jumped the gun on them after they handled AHP in a KOC and edged STA in August.  

This is what people fail to realize. I remembered from last year reading the comments about the 4A state title game. Obviously Raines lost but I guess there folks couldn't figure out how does a team 5-5 make the playoffs and beat a team who's 12-1. My response was simply on scheduling. Let's be real here for a second. Raines and Bolles are both undefeated but if they were located down here I'm certain they wouldn't be undefeated and one of them probably won't make the playoffs.

This is what people fail to realize. I remembered from last year reading the comments about the 4A state title game. Obviously Raines lost but I guess there folks couldn't figure out how does a team 5-5 make the playoffs and beat a team who's 12-1. My response was simply on scheduling. Let's be real here for a second. Raines and Bolles are both undefeated but if they were located down here I'm certain they wouldn't be undefeated and one of them probably won't make the playoffs.

Generally speaking for sure.  The only exception off the top of my head was 2011  State Championship.  Bolles came in with 1 loss and BTW came in undefeated and Bolles defeated BTW at States.

Anybody that saw the BTW/Raines title game and didn't believe Raines could have won it is living in denial. Battle tested BookerT, with a freshman QB, handled the pressure and the Jax. team choked.

Choked is too strong and misleading. Championship atmosphere, nerve's, mistakes, unfamiliarity, big stage, etc. No disrespect meant to Raines. They had an abundance of talent.

Choked is too strong and misleading. Championship atmosphere, nerve's, mistakes, unfamiliarity, big stage, etc. No disrespect meant to Raines. They had an abundance of talent.

Like BTW, I thought the Raines program overall was pretty familiar with big game atmospheres....   Reading about and reviewing the box score for that game reveal it had to be one the sloppiest 4A (if not all classes) game played in FHSAA history and that includes coaching (on both sides).   Raines left so many points off the board....Drives down to the 2,5,1,2,17,11,19 and only 3 POINTS to show for those 7 red zone drives!!!!  The icing on the cake for Raines was 483 yards of total offense, 6 takeaways and only 23 points.  Sorry , but Coaching had a role in that much overall team failure. 

BTW's Defense was young and soft all last year and it was definitely a year that the North and Duval county should have taken advantage of  - FAIL.

I by no means am discrediting Luke as being severely influential to Jackson, but Luke was still on the staff when Jackson was slaughtered by Gibbons 7-36 the following week after they beat BTW, right?

Weather played a big part in that game... BTW had 5 turnovers in the first half but after BTW took the lead Jackson threw 2 bombs and won the game so Jackson deserved that win...