4S Region 2

Gman73

Word is Lakeland will have nine players suspended for the first game, all on offense, and at least four who are starters. A couple more will be out round two as well. Lakeland should still roll in those games. Round 3 could be interesting, as Lake Minneola hasn't really been stopped on offense all year, including against Mainland.

18 minutes ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

Sounds like the Year of The Indians! 

I'd take them over Lakeland this year. Venice's weakness is stopping big, physical rushing attacks. Under Castle, Lakeland would've gotten the best of Venice for that reason. But, this year's team isn't very good running the ball. (Though perhaps the injuries at RB have made things seem worse). The key for Venice will be avoiding  a road game at Buchholz. If that match up occurs in Tallahassee, I think Venice can eek out a shootout win.

18 hours ago, Gman73 said:

Can anyone take down Lakeland in Region 2?   Polk County got 4 teams in and Lake Gibson should have been 5th.  If anyone does I’m thinking either Winter Haven or Bartow.   Haines City has shown stingy defense but they can’t score enough. 

Lakeland is coming out of this region without a doubt.  They would be the favorites in any given year but the region is down this year so their path is pretty easy this year.  However, they may find a couple teams put up a fight rather than lay down.  Mitchell in their opener may hang around until the third quarter before ultimately losing by 14+.  

4 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I thought the Indians were going to lose to Charlotte.

Jokes aside, Charlotte were actually ahead of LWR in the playoff hunt by a third of a percentage point the night before the FHSAA released their playoff pairings, and they somehow jumped ahead into the 8 seed seemingly overnight. Charlotte should have gotten in. 

46 minutes ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

Jokes aside, Charlotte were actually ahead of LWR in the playoff hunt by a third of a percentage point the night before the FHSAA released their playoff pairings, and they somehow jumped ahead into the 8 seed seemingly overnight. Charlotte should have gotten in. 

I believe Charlotte is in as the 7th seed. Don't quote me on that, but you may want to check.

49 minutes ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

Charlotte is the 7 seed and also a district winner so they were in regardless.  Are you thinking of some other team in that region?

2 hours ago, PinellasFB said:

Lakeland is coming out of this region without a doubt.  They would be the favorites in any given year but the region is down this year so their path is pretty easy this year.  However, they may find a couple teams put up a fight rather than lay down.  Mitchell in their opener may hang around until the third quarter before ultimately losing by 14+.  

This ain’t the usually tough Mitchell. Very mediocre.