OT: congrats to the cubs

DisabledAccount

You guys are kind of hard on Columbiahighfan2016. I actually kind of like his passion for his school, as I do Dillard's. That they (both) are not always rooted in reality, actually make them the essence of the true fan, which as you probably know, was derived from: fanatic.

But on the plus side, without hope, we are all lost. And, I trust, both Columbia and Dillard have enough talent within their boundaries that one day, each may realize his hope! 

You guys are kind of hard on Columbiahighfan2016. I actually kind of like his passion for his school, as I do Dillard's. That they (both) are not always rooted in reality, actually make them the essence of the true fan, which as you probably know, was derived from: fanatic.

But on the plus side, without hope, we are all lost. And, I trust, both Columbia and Dillard have enough talent within their boundaries that one day, each may realize his hope!

Both teams will win a championship at some point and I'm sure both me and Dillard will appreciate the championship more then most because it wasent a easy road to getting it and it will make the win more special

I remember back at Apopka and Ik this team is capable of getting to states, that game, while preseason showed me something special and don't worry darter, I'll be sure to see you in Orlando very soon :)

Congratulations to the Cubs. That was some game. I didn't know if I was going to make it to the end when it went into extra innings.

Not sure if many remember the battle between Sammy Sosa and Mark McGuire... to bad they both bent the rules.

News from Cocoa high baseball.

According to sources, the Chicago White Sox have finalized a deal with 6th round pick, Luis Curbelo for $700,000. The draft slot was $286,700, so paying quite a bit overslot is similar to the White Sox signing 2015 draft pick Corey Zangari.

Shortstop at Cocoa High in Florida, Curbelo will forgo his commitment to the University of Miami. Many scouts ponder if Curbelo will be a better fit defensively at third base in the future. Ranked #104 on mlbpipeline.com's Top 200 Draft Prospects, Curbelo's strength will be with the bat as he continues to fill in his 6'3" frame.

Rockledge high had Mason Studstill.  

With their 22nd round pick (#662 overall) in the 2016 Draft the Cleveland Indians have selected right-handed pitcher Mason Studstill out of Rockledge High School (FL).

Interesting fact about a couple of players in the World Series.  Both 1st Baseman were Broward County guys.  Mike Napoli played for Flanagan and Anthony Rizzo played for Stoneman Douglas.  Rizzo being the much younger of the two....

Both Flanagan and Stoneman Douglas remain National and FL HS Baseball powers.  

This article does a great job of showing the connections some players have to Florida: http://www.flasports.com/2016/10/26/2016-world-series-features-13-florida-players-on-cubs-and-indians-rosters/