Trinity Catholic @ Tampa Catholic 3A 1st Rd

Proseteye

I'm already somewhat defensive posting this game. The Celtics have not done well this season and may not even deserve to be in the playoffs at all. However, neither have the Crusaders done all that well. Tampa Catholic has a good QB in Sessums, an exceptional RB in Barrett (1,000 yds), and a couple of good WR's in Corbett and Brown. Trinity has a bunch of good players but none of them really outstanding. Both teams seem to have their pros and cons depending on who they are playing. 

Trinity: 30 ppg scored  16 ppg given up

Tampa: 28 ppg scored  27 ppg given up

I am thinking that, if the Celtics get inspired and play the game they are capable of (which includes QB Miller performing well), they will defeat the Crusaders even on their field. If they play the same type of game they played against the First Academy it will be a long drive back to Ocala.  B)

Here is one of the Celtic's RB's, QB, and WR in action.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/3282692/cameron-thompson 

http://www.hudl.com/profile/2903369/ryan-miller

http://www.hudl.com/profile/4386801/jakob-genovese

Tampa Catholic hasn't had a great season, but they did manage to pull off a huge upset by knocking off CCC in Tampa early in the season. The reality is, Tampa Catholic isn't as dynamic on offense as they should be; however, have enough firepower- playing at home- to knock off OTC by 21+. Devan Barrett is the real deal. 

OTC has to find a way to cause some early turnovers and jump out to a lead, otherwise it's going to be a long ride back to Ocala. If I had to compare Tampa Catholic to a team that OTC has played, it would be Melbourne Central Catholic- except Tampa Catholic has even more athletes and a more dynamic coaching staff.

Tampa Catholic hasn't had a great season, but they did manage to pull off a huge upset by knocking off CCC in Tampa early in the season. The reality is, Tampa Catholic isn't as dynamic on offense as they should be; however, have enough firepower- playing at home- to knock off OTC by 21+. Devan Barrett is the real deal. 

OTC has to find a way to cause some early turnovers and jump out to a lead, otherwise it's going to be a long ride back to Ocala. If I had to compare Tampa Catholic to a team that OTC has played, it would be Melbourne Central Catholic- except Tampa Catholic has even more athletes and a more dynamic coaching staff.

Jessica......I look at the defensive stats for Tampa Catholic as an indication that they are vulnerable. 27 ppg is a lot to give up for a team that is supposed to be pretty good. If OTC is on offensively those stats could prove the difference in this game. Tampa Catholic is the betting favorite at this point, and for good reason. However, if Miller is on his game, Tampa Catholic just may be in for a surprise. 

Proset... This Tampa Catholic team has played some top notch competition throughout the year and 2 of the 3 losses on their schedule have come against great teams Bergen Catholic who is one of the best in New Jersey every single year and Tampa Jesuit who has been rolling all year. Not saying the Celtics won't win this one but it's going to be a tough one to pull out

Proset... This Tampa Catholic team has played some top notch competition throughout the year and 2 of the 3 losses on their schedule have come against great teams Bergen Catholic who is one of the best in New Jersey every single year and Tampa Jesuit who has been rolling all year. Not saying the Celtics won't win this one but it's going to be a tough one to pull out

True, James...................I agree with you wholeheartedly. However, in all 3 losses they were totally blown away. All of the Celtics losses, against equally difficult teams, were nail biters, including the KO classic against Buchholtz,  with the exception of MCC. All I'm saying is that the Celtics do have the capability to pull a major upset if they simply play the game they are capable of. Too bad it's not being streamed iaw FHSAA rules for playoff games. 

I don't know how that works....I thought NFHS streamed a game last night?

They allowed to but individual teams Appartley can't

I don't think that is fair at all

They don't stream any Columbia game on there but Appartley we not allowed to so they have made sure no one can see us play unless they can attend the game, we got former alumni that don't live nearby and older people who can't travel 2 hours to watch us play so that rule is outright asinine

Good job fhsaa you all are real smart

Way I see it is if their buddy network NFHS isent streaming it then the teams should be allowed to since they not competing with them for the same broadcast

They allowed to but individual teams Appartley can't

I don't think that is fair at all

They don't stream any Columbia game on there but Appartley we not allowed to so they have made sure no one can see us play unless they can attend the game, we got former alumni that don't live nearby and older people who can't travel 2 hours to watch us play so that rule is outright asinine

Good job fhsaa you all are real smart

Way I see it is if their buddy network NFHS isent streaming it then the teams should be allowed to since they not competing with them for the same broadcast

Well, there is always the Periscope app...

Didn't attend the game and there was no streaming available. So, do not have a clue to what the 25-10 final score indicated. Seems as though the Celtics were somewhat competitive in a losing effort. 

Still looking for a box score on this game but here is a quick read written by Don Jensen (Tampa Bay Times) if you haven't seen it already:

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/footballpreps/class-3a-tampa-catholic-25-ocala-trinity-catholic-10/2302562