18. Lake Mary

19. Jones

20. Coconut Creek

21. Western

22. Cardinal Newman

23. Deland 

24. Treasure Coast

25. Hawthorne 

If you are going to rank Norland and Miami Central in the top 10, by what logic can you exclude Berkeley Prep? No, seriously! 

Norland beat Central twice. Berkeley Prep beat Norland fair and square in the final. There were no controversial calls by the officials; there was no trick play. They beat them fair and square by mostly running the ball down their throats. 

You are either under ranking BP, or you are over ranking Norland and Central. I will say, in case you think I am a Norland hater: I have two nieces and two nephews that are Norland alumni. 

There are a couple other things I could bring up in your final 25, but I will give you a pass as the BP ranking is the most egregious in my opinion. 

Yeah, tough to get a final list here. I see you have Columbus ranked above both Norland and Homestead, who although they both lost their title games, both beat Columbus. I'd argue, not while Columbus was at their best, but Homestead beat us pretty bad. Hard to square that. I agree that Berkeley should be higher but I really don't know who you should move around to make that happen. FWIW Maxpreps has BP in their top 25 now with Central and Norland mid 30's. Columbus is like 50.

I think most teams in the top 15 there could almost all best one another on any given Friday with the exception of Nade. 

Norland and Columbus should be ahead of Lakeland. I do think Lakeland fared better against Norland and SJP than some may acknowledge. The CAI loss was a bit of a fluke, especially with them holding players out. And, it is reasonable to expect a team that lost nearly every starter from 2022 to have to grow throughout the season. But, you can't disregard Norland's win, or Columbus's excellent season and showing in the title game.

Edgewater pounds Jones 31-13 in the regular season then Jones beats Edgewater 28-24 in the playoffs. How is that possible? If you lose to a team then there is no way you can win a rematch. Norland could never win a rematch with Berkeley. Columbus could never win a rematch with Homestead. Homestead could never win a rematch with Palmetto 

1. Chaminade 

2. STA

3. Cocoa

4. Lakeland 

5. Columbus 

6. Homestead

7. Mainland

8. Buchholz

9. Venice

10. Berkeley Prep

11. Norland 

12. Miami Central

13. Jones

14. Mandarin

15. American Heritage

16. Edgewater

17. Seminole

18. Lake Mary

19. St Augustine 

20. CCC

21. Deland

22. Treasure Coast

23. Coconut Creek

24. Hawthorne

25. Cardinal Newman

10 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Haven’t you guys learned that winning one game against someone doesn’t automatically mean they are better than them no questions asked? How do you justify rematches going the opposite way? 

BP beat Norland in the state championship game. If you don't play your best when all the marbles are on the line, you will never play your best. Norland's coaching staff did not make any dumb mistakes. Could they have adjusted better to BP's running game? That is an open question I cannot answer. It's quite likely they just did not have the caliber players up front to stop BP's running game. 

The week before Norland, BP went to AHP and whipped them on their own field. No one ever asserts that AHP is not well coached. 

BP certainly did not start the season as a top 10 team. But in my opinion they ended the season as a clear top 10. It happens. In 2012 Apopka was 1-2 after three weeks and reeled off 12 consecutive victories to win the 8A title. They lost to DP by 17 in their first game of the season but beat DP by 19 in the state semifinals where it truly counted. The difference was that Apopka was a young team loaded with sophomore talent. Late in the playoffs, these kids had improved a ton. DP was a senior heavy team that did not have much room for significant improvement. 

To me what you do on the field late in the playoffs says a whole lot more than what you did weeks 1-5. 

I stand by my assertion that you are materially underrating BP in the final top 25 you put out. You are giving far too much consideration to the past (past seasons mostly) and ignoring the present. 

10 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

BP beat Norland in the state championship game. If you don't play your best when all the marbles are on the line, you will never play your best. Norland's coaching staff did not make any dumb mistakes. Could they have adjusted better to BP's running game? That is an open question I cannot answer. It's quite likely they just did not have the caliber players up front to stop BP's running game. 

The week before Norland, BP went to AHP and whipped them on their own field. No one ever asserts that AHP is not well coached. 

BP certainly did not start the season as a top 10 team. But in my opinion they ended the season as a clear top 10. It happens. In 2012 Apopka was 1-2 after three weeks and reeled off 12 consecutive victories to win the 8A title. They lost to DP by 17 in their first game of the season but beat DP by 19 in the state semifinals where it truly counted. The difference was that Apopka was a young team loaded with sophomore talent. Late in the playoffs, these kids had improved a ton. DP was a senior heavy team that did not have much room for significant improvement. 

To me what you do on the field late in the playoffs says a whole lot more than what you did weeks 1-5. 

I stand by my assertion that you are materially underrating BP in the final top 25 you put out. You are giving far too much consideration to the past (past seasons mostly) and ignoring the present. 

They won by 1 score in the one of the biggest upsets in finals history. I’m not gonna discount everything Norland did up to that point. They beat Miami Central twice, Columbus and Lakeland! 

They beat the 4S and 4M State Champions by a combined score of 64-37!!! 

I am ranking a total body of work. Not just one epic upset especially when there are endless amounts of examples of teams losing  a game to a team and then beating them later down the road. Meaning you can have a bad game but that not define your entire season of how good you are/were. Just because you beat a team doesn’t mean you should always be ranked higher than them no matter what. 

3 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

They won by 1 score in the one of the biggest upsets in finals history. I’m not gonna discount everything Norland did up to that point. They beat Miami Central twice, Columbus and Lakeland! 

They beat the 4S and 4M State Champions by a combined score of 64-37!!! 

I am ranking a total body of work. Not just one epic upset especially when there are endless amounts of examples of teams losing  a game to a team and then beating them later down the road. Meaning you can have a bad game but that not define your entire season of how good you are/were. Just because you beat a team doesn’t mean you should always be ranked higher than them no matter what. 

You have confirmed my opinion of you, if you know what I mean. 

But here you go, I will spell it out. You are not particularly good when it comes to serious analytical thought. I will leave it at that.  

11 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

You have confirmed my opinion of you, if you know what I mean. 

But here you go, I will spell it out. You are not particularly good when it comes to serious analytical thought. I will leave it at that.  

Lol what is your opinion?

im sorry I won’t apologize for erasing an entire seasons worth of top notch A plus wins over a 1 score one off game. 

im ranking the entire body of work. 

I’m not a prisoner of the moment and I don’t rank off emotion. Sorry you can’t see it that way. But I won’t sway my thought process based on how you think it should be done 

30 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Lol what is your opinion?

im sorry I won’t apologize for erasing an entire seasons worth of top notch A plus wins over a 1 score one off game. 

im ranking the entire body of work. 

I’m not a prisoner of the moment and I don’t rank off emotion. Sorry you can’t see it that way. But I won’t sway my thought process based on how you think it should be done 

Fools are always blind. Why am I not surprised. I wish we could bet on this. I would take yours just for the fun of it. But I would give it back. There's no fun in taking candy from a baby. 

What’s funny is I watched the game and was cheering for Berkeley to win the whole time. I’m a Hillsborough guy through and through. (Yeah I live in Pasco now but I’m a family man. Gotta put their safety over my own. Lol)

It’s Hillsborough vs everybody. But that is not gonna cause me to be biased and emotional when it comes to ranking teams 

Bet on what? Lol

What’s funny is I watched the game and was cheering for Berkeley to win the whole time. I’m a Hillsborough guy through and through. (Yeah I live in Pasco now but I’m a family man. Gotta put their safety over my own. Lol)

It’s Hillsborough vs everybody. But that is not gonna cause me to be biased and emotional when it comes to ranking teams 

You are so dumb. You are talking about body of work during the season. But you are ranking the teams as of the end of the season. Well at the end of the season, BP was playing its best football and beat two south Florida powers one on their homefield and one at a neutral site and yet you can't acknowledge that they are a top 10 team because of your "perception" of their program. 

Shaking my DFH.