4 games in 14 days

nolebull813

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Floridaatlantic1 said:

Playing multiple games is torture for high school football teams. When hurricanes cause a team to play on a Thursday/Friday game and then turn around and play another on Monday or Tuesday and then  Friday  make proper game planning impossible and recovery non-existent.

I agree now with the physicality it’s tough. But back in the day teams would play multiple games in a short span. Hell I have seen situations where a team played a doubleheader. Two games in one day.

One of the reasons the old district champ and district runner up model worked in Florida is due to the fact you could reschedule a district game instead of another and just erase the non district game when bad weather hit.  You had to beat your competition head to head and not count on some secret half butt formula from Maxpreps and Fhsaa.  Cons were loaded district with 3 awesome teams and then the dreaded 2 or 3 team district. Wild cards in old days helped the one issue.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2024 at 1:56 PM, Floridaatlantic1 said:

One of the reasons the old district champ and district runner up model worked in Florida is due to the fact you could reschedule a district game instead of another and just erase the non district game when bad weather hit.  You had to beat your competition head to head and not count on some secret half butt formula from Maxpreps and Fhsaa.  Cons were loaded district with 3 awesome teams and then the dreaded 2 or 3 team district. Wild cards in old days helped the one issue.

You really are a double standard with everything you say and you cover it up but in reality your just a traditionalist whos school used to be second best in a crappy district and now you miss the playoffs because you don't actually beat anyone good all year 

You want to talk about how good the last system was when the previous system basically told teams over half the games on the schedule are completely irrelevant and meaningless just to make some random games against similar sized schools an hour away are the only games that "count" which is the exact opposite of letting teams play it out on the field 

Newsflash dude! If you win every district game you make the playoffs, that is literally winning it on the field 

Don't want to rely on the formula just win every district game

It's not a difficult concept to grasp except for people who are stuck in the 70s and still think student population makes any damn bit of difference to how good a team actually is!

On 2/4/2024 at 3:55 PM, SportsFan said:

You really are a double standard with everything you say and you cover it up but in reality your just a traditionalist whos school used to be second best in a crappy district and now you miss the playoffs because you don't actually beat anyone good all year 

You want to talk about how good the last system was when the previous system basically told teams over half the games on the schedule aee completely irrelevant and meaningless just to make some random games against similar sized schools an hour away are the only games that "count" which is the exact opposite of letting teams play it out on the field 

Newsflash dude! If you win every district game you make the playoffs, that is literally winning it on the field 

Don't want to rely on the formula just win every district game

It's not a difficult concept to grasp except for people who are stuck in the 70s and still think student population makes any damn bit of difference to how good a team actually is!

So let me get this straight. You think letting some ridiculous Formula that is a half butt Max preps formula that no one knows how is calculated that is than tweaked by FHSAA is a better way to pick playoffs teams. Oh brother....you are clueless. 

2 hours ago, Floridaatlantic1 said:

So let me get this straight. You think letting some ridiculous Formula that is a half butt Max preps formula that no one knows how is calculated that is than tweaked by FHSAA is a better way to pick playoffs teams. Oh brother....you are clueless. 

Your leaving out the fact districts are still won on the field

If you win every game in your district your in the playoffs so how is it not won on the field? You saying that only half the games on the season should count is what's really clueless!

But I get it your just a traditionalist who hates any kind of change and even if the change is for the good you will hate it because it's not what you grew up with and you rather watch the state continue to decline as long as it's the same system when you played because like most traditionalists you only care about the status quo and you find any change too "progressive" for you

2 hours ago, Floridaatlantic1 said:

And no I argued the RPI was far better and could have easily been fixed but any system is better than what we had. Metro suburban was certainly better than what we got now but hell you got your wish. Back to the system that gave us state title games that were an average margin of victory over 24+ points 

Hope your happy traditionalist because you got what you wanted and now nobody gonna bother watching the games because we will know 4 weeks in advance who's gonna win and probably which games are guaranteed to be running clock 

Real great changes by our morons in Tallahassee, so proud of this deadbeat state with incompetent leadership at every phase of the game!

2 hours ago, SportsFan said:

And no I argued the RPI was far better and could have easily been fixed but any system is better than what we had. Metro suburban was certainly better than what we got now but hell you got your wish. Back to the system that gave us state title games that were an average margin of victory over 24+ points 

Hope your happy traditionalist because you got what you wanted and now nobody gonna bother watching the games because we will know 4 weeks in advance who's gonna win and probably which games are guaranteed to be running clock 

Real great changes by our morons in Tallahassee, so proud of this deadbeat state with incompetent leadership at every phase of the game!

the suburb idea heled a  few great teams win state in lower division. It did nothing to solve the recruiting issue in either division. 

34 minutes ago, Floridaatlantic1 said:

the suburb idea heled a  few great teams win state in lower division. It did nothing to solve the recruiting issue in either division. 

And the current system will never fix that problem or separate a single cheating team from the rest especially if they refuse to pass the open division idea (which I think is very likely)

On 2/7/2024 at 2:40 PM, SportsFan said:

And the current system will never fix that problem or separate a single cheating team from the rest especially if they refuse to pass the open division idea (which I think is very likely)

For once we agree on something. The open division should have passed and it should have been like 32-42 teams large and get all the super all star teams that somehow miraculously form without any RECRUITING/CHEATING  at all according to many clowns on this site.  FHSAA board caters to a certain elite team who has been busted for cheating many times in a county that rhymes with folk. 

3 hours ago, Floridaatlantic1 said:

For once we agree on something. The open division should have passed and it should have been like 32-42 teams large and get all the super all star teams that somehow miraculously form without any RECRUITING/CHEATING  at all according to many clowns on this site.  FHSAA board caters to a certain elite team who has been busted for cheating many times in a county that rhymes with folk. 

Well they had 3 people on that board from Polk and Lee counties so they managed to manipulate the system to get them excluded from metro 

I would have drawn up a system that included Polk, Lee and Brevard county as a metro county

Heck I would like to see a system that uses county population through 14-18 year old demographics instead of student numbers at a specific school since most counties now are having teams pull from the entire county and that should be the pull considered for classifications