vs St Lucie 0-1

vs Brevard 0-1

vs Volusia 0-1

vs IMG 0-2

Totals 370-302-8

Who in St. Lucie beat them???

10 hours ago, Vero Indian said:

Who in St. Lucie beat them???

Ft Pierce Central beat Norland in the state semi finals in 1971 by the score of 14-13. 

Down late 7-13, FPC threw a double reverse 51 yard TD pass and kicked the extra point which proved to be the winner. 

FPC would go on to beat Robinson for the title in front of 10,000 at Lawnwood Stadium 

18 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Ft Pierce Central beat Norland in the state semi finals in 1971 by the score of 14-13. 

Down late 7-13, FPC threw a double reverse 51 yard TD pass and kicked the extra point which proved to be the winner. 

FPC would go on to beat Robinson for the title in front of 10,000 at Lawnwood Stadium 

Didn't know that, now today that game plays much differently lol

1 hour ago, Vero Indian said:

I know, looks like the Treasure Coast area was denying South Florida teams state title appearances, Vero also beat Northwestern along the way to the title game in 1981

Back in 1971, Norland was most likely a majority white school. It may have been all white as I am not sure when the schools were desegregated in Miami.

7 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Back in 1971, Norland was most likely a majority white school. It may have been all white as I am not sure when the schools were desegregated in Miami.

Only black schools in dade during the late 60s were mays, carver, northwestern & booker t (I may be wrong because they converted to a middle school around that same time). There were some outliers but most football teams did not integrate til the late 60s.

30 minutes ago, cribboy305 said:

Only black schools in dade during the late 60s were mays, carver, northwestern & booker t (I may be wrong because they converted to a middle school around that same time). There were some outliers but most football teams did not integrate til the late 60s.

What happened to Mays and Carver? Where did their kids go after they closed or merged into other schools? It's a pity Mays did not survive. Willie Mays was an iconic baseball player. 

Miami Northwestern was and all-black segregated school and played football from 1955-1966 before integration. They never closed and kept playing till this day. 

Mays played football from 1953-1968 before fazing out due to desegregation. (Best season was 1966. Went 11-0 and beat Gainesville Lincoln for the Negro State Championship)

North Dade played ball from 1959-1965 before closing and the went to Carol City or North Miami High 

Miami Carver played until 1965 with Mays picking up most of the key transfers. Probably why Mays was so good in 1966. Lol. Nathaniel “Traz” Powell coached Carver from 1947-1965 winning 5 state titles before moving on to Mays after Carver turned into a middle school. 

Booker T Washington is the oldest of the bunch with scores for them tracing back to the 1930’s. Powell played for them in the 40’s. BTW stopped playing football in 1967 all the way to 1998 before resuming in 1999

Dorsey High played ball until 1954. They closed and Northwestern took the 2 colors (blue and gold) and the Bulls mascot. 

4 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

I checked their yearbook. I counted 71 players with at least 24 being black. This site won’t let me upload pictures.

So, Norland was an integrated school in 1971. Back then, the Northern part of Dade County was mostly white. The black population lived downtown or in Central Dade County where Miami Northwestern is. 

58 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

So, Norland was an integrated school in 1971. Back then, the Northern part of Dade County was mostly white. The black population lived downtown or in Central Dade County where Miami Northwestern is. 

Definitely integrated. Desegregation started in 1967 officially so 1971 wasn’t that long of a time after. But 24/71 is a good number for only 5 years