Facebook Connect and future of the forums (don't panic)

Joshua Wilson

Alright...first Facebook Connect for logging in has been disabled for the time being right now due to changes in the APIs and the fact that the forum software was just recently depreciated by the software company that makes this a big issue on top of what really should be a smaller issue.

However, there is a new version that I can get, but that means the forums will have to be closed off for a few hours. I am looking at doing this upgrade at some point in the next few weeks. I want to allow enough warning time for you all to plan for this because I will have to do it as they are no longer providing any more security patches for the current version and I don't want to let this go too long. From what I have been able to tell the new version has some different looks, so things might change some here.

That is all I have for now.

8 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Love the new look and feel of the mobile version!

Also wanted to be the first to post on it, particularly before columbiahighfan!

Thanks, Broward! I need to get back to you on that email. Been going crazy here and I have added broadcasting the Flag Football state championship games next week to my list of duties, which is cool. Means more things I am getting to do.

9 hours ago, Joshua Wilson said:

Thanks, Broward! I need to get back to you on that email. Been going crazy here and I have added broadcasting the Flag Football state championship games next week to my list of duties, which is cool. Means more things I am getting to do.

That's call you on your grind!!! Respect Josh!!!