Spring Results

Sharkbait

Wow what a game It didn't feel like a spring game It had a playoff field to it in what was a 7-0 game in Miramar favor for about 3 and a half quarters changed when mid 4th q.t qb Moses found wr Bryce Oliver for a 65 yard reception PAT Good made it 7-7 

4th qt started with Miramar up 10-7 which it remained that way until about 8 min left when Miramar took advantage of a turnover on downs for Dillard and turned it into 7 upcoming Dillard possession there was a miss count with the center  and the qb which caused a muffed snap back to our 1 yard line next snap safety.

Miramar gets the ball back fumbled on their own 20 Dillard drove a little bit but couldn't capitalize fast forward to about 3 min left at this point back ups are in Miramar scores from about 30 yards out to put the icing on the cake.

Flaws for Miramar 2 turnovers and self inflicted penalties Wrs are a little small and can be caught on 

Positives they won the game and got a very Good OL AND  DL and their corner backs are above average 

Flaws for Dillard Lost the game .   2 turnovers and fumbled another time but recoverd Soft on the inside with the gaurd and nose tackles ...couldnt finish 4 drives that was at the patriots 20 or closer 

Positives for Dillard they went toe to toe with a very Talented Miramar team that's expected to make some noise this year for about 3 and a half quarters....recievers have improved ...running back is above avg .   & for both teams no injuries

Congrats to Miramar on their win now it's time to prepare for August 

Wow what a game It didn't feel like a spring game It had a playoff field to it in what was a 7-0 game in Miramar favor for about 3 and a half quarters changed when mid 4th q.t qb Moses found wr Bryce Oliver for a 65 yard reception PAT Good made it 7-7 

4th qt started with Miramar up 10-7 which it remained that way until about 8 min left when Miramar took advantage of a turnover on downs for Dillard and turned it into 7 upcoming Dillard possession there was a miss count with the center  and the qb which caused a muffed snap back to our 1 yard line next snap safety.

Miramar gets the ball back fumbled on their own 20 Dillard drove a little bit but couldn't capitalize fast forward to about 3 min left at this point back ups are in Miramar scores from about 30 yards out to put the icing on the cake.

Flaws for Miramar 2 turnovers and self inflicted penalties Wrs are a little small and can be caught on 

Positives they won the game and got a very Good OL AND  DL and their corner backs are above average 

Flaws for Dillard Lost the game .   2 turnovers and fumbled another time but recoverd Soft on the inside with the gaurd and nose tackles ...couldnt finish 4 drives that was at the patriots 20 or closer 

Positives for Dillard they went toe to toe with a very Talented Miramar team that's expected to make some noise this year for about 3 and a half quarters....recievers have improved ...running back is above avg .   & for both teams no injuries

Congrats to Miramar on their win now it's time to prepare for August 

Thought I would give this its own thread as I was impressed by both teams, but in particular, Osceola, which I would dub one of the teams to beat in 8a North at this early stage. 

Osceola has opened up its offense. For the better part of the first three quarters, they mostly ran out of what I would best describe as a hybrid I/Spread formation. On their first play from scrimmage, the QB unleashed a long pass, which hung in the air a bit, but was otherwise accurate. It was caught in stride; however, the receiver lost his balance, otherwise it would have been a touchdown right off the bat. Two plays later, Osceola scored on a thirty yard scamper. On Bishop Moore's first drive, their QB threw a pick which was returned to their five yard line. It took Osceola four plays to punch it in, but they did and with just over two minutes run off the clock, Osceola was up by 14 points. 

Bishop Moore then went on a long clock eating drive that took over 6 minutes and ended in a score. So, with less than three minutes in the first quarter the score was 14-7 Osceola. After this, both defenses stiffened and no further points were scored till the 6:11 mark of the second quarter when Osceola got its third touchdown. Bishop Moore on the ensuing drive scored again to make the score 21-14, Osceola. To close the half, Osceola scored again on a nice 35 yard pass play to a wide open receiver. The half ended at 28-14, Osceola. 

Up to when I left the game with about 6 minutes left in the 4th quarter and the backups in for both sides there were no further points scored. 

I was very impressed with Osceola's new offense. Overall, I would say at this stage (its early), that this team has the potential to be as good as 2014 and 2015. It is certainly better than the 2016 team. To add to that, the offense can burn you in many different ways, both on the ground and in the air. It is not one dimensional the way most Osceola teams have been in recent memory. Their QB, while he will probably not play this position beyond high school due to his build (size limitations), is plenty adequate for the high school game. Add to that the fact that he also served as the punter and holder, and it creates special teams surprise opportunities.  

So far, of the six teams I have seen (Evans, Colonial, Dp. and Winter Park), Osceola looks the best to me at this stage followed by Bishop Moore/Dr. Phillips which I would rate as tied. I did attend the Apopka inter-squad scrimmage; however, I will reserve my opinion on this year's team till I see how they do against Orange City University next week.

2 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Thought I would give this its own thread as I was impressed by both teams, but in particular, Osceola, which I would dub one of the teams to beat in 8a North at this early stage. 

Sorry boss -- moved this into this thread since this is where we are putting all the spring games. 

Nothing personal; I've moved other spring game threads into this one for the same reason.