2017 Bold Predictions

DisabledAccount

3 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

Doesn't prepare you for the tough playoff games tho

2 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Short term this system gonna have flaws but long term i think it will work

Keem you are absolutely right that is why I brought up Pahokee,  I just think there may be ridiculous mismatches in the first playoff round.  

Columbia it will definitely take a couple of years to work out the kinks I hope it is worth it.

22 minutes ago, Sharkbait said:

Keem you are absolutely right that is why I brought up Pahokee,  I just think there may be ridiculous mismatches in the first playoff round.  

Columbia it will definitely take a couple of years to work out the kinks I hope it is worth it.

Yea to me it's basically like the college playoff system.  Plus it has worked well for other states

1 hour ago, Sharkbait said:

I think scheduling is going to be more important than how good a team really is.  A team in 1A  that was able to schedule other 1A teams to play is going to have an advantage over teams that had to schedule up in class.  I realize Pahokee is one team that has to play bigger schools on a regular basis and they are definitely successful but I think you are going to see some good teams left at home for playing tougher schedules and some weak teams getting in.  We may see some 60+ point spreads in the first round. If I was a 4A coach I would have tried to schedule 1A schools that were first round losers you get the points for playing a playoff team yet take little to no risk.  

So you think the system can be gamed? Maybe it is not the concept, but how the points are to be allocated. Still, I am open minded and am curious to see how things work out. It may take a couple seasons to draw a really meaningful conclusion one way or the other. 

15 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

So you think the system can be gamed? Maybe it is not the concept, but how the points are to be allocated. Still, I am open minded and am curious to see how things work out. It may take a couple seasons to draw a really meaningful conclusion one way or the other. 

I just don't think it is going to work as intended in the first couple of years.  Look at Pahokee's schedule I don't think they play any 1A schools but if they if they go 6-4 do they even make the playoffs.  We know they might be the best 1A team again but by choosing to play a tough schedule they may end up being hurt.

5 minutes ago, Sharkbait said:

I just don't think it is going to work as intended in the first couple of years.  Look at Pahokee's schedule I don't think they play any 1A schools but if they if they go 6-4 do they even make the playoffs.  We know they might be the best 1A team again but by choosing to play a tough schedule they may end up being hurt.

Do they get more points for playing up tho

4 hours ago, Sharkbait said:

Shoot we have ridiculous 1st rd matches before the new playoff system.. I like it cause it forces you to schedule tougher... No more cheap undefeated season.. You got to earn it ..

9 hours ago, Zoe Boy said:

You got that right

U gone be at the game bra

13 minutes ago, Zoe Boy said:

Shoot we have ridiculous 1st rd matches before the new playoff system.. I like it cause it forces you to schedule tougher... No more cheap undefeated season.. You got to earn it ..

I feel like it was been messed up aint no way in hell all those powers in 1 county should be in 1 district.

2 in my opinion if 2 teams in 1 district make it to the playoffs i feel that should be your first round matchup.

3 i personally believe it would be better if in the playoffs if it was south north...north south ...like dade vs tampa broward vs orland 6a stuff like that to keep it fresh its getting boring having to see the same team & or district if u wanna get out the 2nd or 1st round