Lownes vs ISB

DisabledAccount

15 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

You sure that's not entire team, some teams put Varisty, jv and freshman all on same roster on maxpreps 

Max Preps rosters are very inaccurate. For Apopka they have got players listed twice, graduated players on the list, and kids that have transferred on the list. They are also missing current players. So I would not read too much into a list with 113 kids on it. It may or may not reflect the current situation.

I don't know if it is the name of the school "International School of Broward" as to why these out of state powers keep playing this punching bag or what it is.  Perhaps because it sounds of a private school in Broward County it builds the self-esteem of these teams when they are teeing off on a Broward private school, giving a false sense of accomplishment.

I have no clue where the school is , no clue where their field is, and have never seen them play in person (and I have probably seen just about everyone play over the years).  One of these days, I am going to have to find proof that this team exists.

2 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

I don't know if it is the name of the school "International School of Broward" as to why these out of state powers keep playing this punching bag or what it is.  Perhaps because it sounds of a private school in Broward County it builds the self-esteem of these teams when they are teeing off on a Broward private school, giving a false sense of accomplishment.

I have no clue where the school is , no clue where their field is, and have never seen them play in person (and I have probably seen just about everyone play over the years).  One of these days, I am going to have to find proof that this team exists.

Cocoa plays them for their homecoming game I'm assuming

4 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Oh dang...,I read the second part of the sentence and don't have my contacts in yet....I saw "their field" and thought it was down here....  Should be a pinata party in Cocoa that evening!

Oh yea I agree especially since ISB  will be coming off of a couple OOS  games beforehand.

The difference is Oxbridge and Champagant at least had a few kids that have competed on high level football.  Not sure ISB can say the same....

Don't get me wrong I wish ISB well....I hope this year the program may show signs of turning a corner.  I just think the process is not working.  Why play national powers if you cannot even compete in your own county?

Playing teams like Stoneman Douglas, Stranahan, Fort Lauderdale, and other mid-tier Broward teams would would probably have done as much justice for the program, and may have even been an option to show signs of improvement, areas of weakness and more.  When you play top 100 teams it flat out too overwhelming to grow IMO...

Hats off to the coaching and kids that are able to build self confidence with ISB's scheduling.  I know I couldn't.

4 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

The difference is Oxbridge and Champagant at least had a few kids that have competed on high level football.  Not sure ISB can say the same....

Don't get me wrong I wish ISB well....I hope this year the program may show signs of turning a corner.  I just think the process is not working.  Why play national powers if you cannot even compete in your own county?

Playing teams like Stoneman Douglas, Stranahan, Fort Lauderdale, and other mid-tier Broward teams would would probably have done as much justice for the program, and may have even been an option to show signs of improvement, areas of weakness and more.  When you play top 100 teams it flat out too overwhelming to grow IMO...

Hats off to the coaching and kids that are able to build self confidence with ISB's scheduling.  I know I couldn't.

I feel like they hurting them more than helping