Friday's weather in Central Florida

DarterBlue2

Consistent with this time of year, there is a 60% chance of thunderstorms in the area tomorrow through 8 pm. With respect to the Apopka/Norland game,  the odds are 70% that there will be thunderstorms at kickoff.

Really hope the weatherman is wrong, as if this game is rained out it will probably not be made up. I was looking forward to it as Norland is supposed to be pretty good and is in a district with some of the best teams in Florida and, arguably, the entire nation. Thus, this game would have provided a decent benchmark of how Central Florida's better teams would likely stack up against South Florida powers. 

Weather forecasts are, at best, a crap shoot, especially this time of year in Florida. So, I am hoping that they are wrong and that if it is to rain it will have come and gone before at least an hour or more before kickoff.:)

58 minutes ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

You guys will play they don't can a game for rain really just thunder & even then usually it's a few delays b4 they call it cancelled or post poned 

The forecast is for thunderstorms. You are right that they will not call the game until after a few delays. But given Norland travels 3.5 hours, they may do it more quickly than usual.

Worried about the same thing with Lakeland/Cooper City. If it can't go Friday night, Cooper City isn't going to come back up. With the Manatee game already cancelled, that takes it down to 8 games......the minimum to make the playoffs on points. Plus....with Apopka coming up the following week, I'd really like them to get a game in.

47 minutes ago, gwdrum75 said:

Worried about the same thing with Lakeland/Cooper City. If it can't go Friday night, Cooper City isn't going to come back up. With the Manatee game already cancelled, that takes it down to 8 games......the minimum to make the playoffs on points. Plus....with Apopka coming up the following week, I'd really like them to get a game in.

It is a real concern. And if it were to storm heavily the week of the Apopka game, that would be a concern for both Lakeland and Apopka. It would have to be played regardless of inconvenience!

2 hours ago, gwdrum75 said:

I doubt Cooper City is "worried" about it ;) 

Just now, BrowardHandicapper said:

Will it still be available to view later this evening ?

They used to archive the games for up to a year. But this year they have not done so, at least not yet. So the answer is probably no. They may put them up at some stage during the season. One option may be to check in periodically over the three hours to see what's going on. Coverage begins at 7 pm and should run through about 10, assuming the weather cooperates. 

12 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

They used to archive the games for up to a year. But this year they have not done so, at least not yet. So the answer is probably no. They may put them up at some stage during the season. One option may be to check in periodically over the three hours to see what's going on. Coverage begins at 7 pm and should run through about 10, assuming the weather cooperates. 

Well since i couldn't secure transportation for Columbia vs Suwannee i need a game for tonight so looks like i found one lol