Img @ centennial Honor bowl

topnotch305

4 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

What?!!

Wouldn't be on map power wise? 

We were a top 3 state before IMG was even playing, this is why i hate img,  now that img is here people think we depend on img to be a relevant state 

Yes img makes us better state but we would be top 3 state every year with or without img 

The point I was trying to make is that teams like STA, AHP, and possibly Central, play one game, give or take, a year OOS. They win maybe 50% of those games. In many cases they do not play the best OOS teams. Only occasionally they play teams like Bosco or DeLasalle. IMG makes a living playing the best OOS teams and they win 99% of those games. IMG has, in reality, put Florida on the map much more than an occasional STA romp with Hoover. Just my opinion, now.

14 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

The point I was trying to make is that teams like STA, AHP, and possibly Central, play one game, give or take, a year OOS. They win maybe 50% of those games. In many cases they do not play the best OOS teams. Only occasionally they play teams like Bosco or DeLasalle. IMG makes a living playing the best OOS teams and they win 99% of those games. IMG has, in reality, put Florida on the map much more than an occasional STA romp with Hoover. Just my opinion, now.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree 

While yes i like fact img has boosted our oos win loss ratio we are a power state with or without img just because of the amount of talent we have across the state 

15 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

In a perfect world img would go undefeated out of state and lose every in state game but that's wishful thinking :D

We actually play IMG Blue this season. I think their blue team lost its first game. Two seasons in a row we played the varsity IMG. Lost both times. However, the Celtics gave them quite a game and in fact shut down their passing game cold. Couldn't stop Bo Scarborough though. He was an NFL RB already when we played against him. Or, it just seemed like he was. He was the biggest and fastest HS RB I have ever seen.

10 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

We actually play IMG Blue this season. I think their blue team lost its first game. Two seasons in a row we played the varsity IMG. Lost both times. However, the Celtics gave them quite a game and in fact shut down their passing game cold. Couldn't stop Bo Scarborough though. He was an NFL RB already when we played against him. Or, it just seemed like he was. He was the biggest and fastest HS RB I have ever seen.

We probably would beat img blue ;)

They not nearly as loaded as national team which is why they only wanted 3a teams,  they may join a classification at some point 

4 hours ago, Proseteye said:

However, he stated that he supported all Florida schools except IMG. Apparently, 100 transfers wouldn't matter as long as they are not IMG. Having a problem with and pulling your support are two different things.

do you have a reading comprehension problem?  Where did I say I support all Florida schools except IMG?  Where did I say it was ok to have 30 transfers or 100 transfers?  come on guy you are trying to make an argument that doesn't exist.    

Plenty of teams in the US recruit, maybe not to the level IMG does, but they are out there.

Red Lion comes to mind before they went bust.

The Bishop recruits but they don't admit it. 

Mater Dai recruits but you don't hear it.

I could go on, you get the point. 

Power teams compete to win, they bring in the best players they can get. Players do the recruiting in some cases, coaches under the radar in other cases. Florida just up'd the ante and doesn't deny it. Teams like Chaminade are just a step down from being an IMG type team. They can get away with it under the Private school rules. Now, with open transfers, you will see it more and more in the years to come. Columbia will profit from it in the future if they want to win championships. Life for HS football is evolving. It's not easy going through changes, but in the end you usually have a better product. 

21 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Plenty of teams in the US recruit, maybe not to the level IMG does, but they are out there.

Power teams compete to win, they bring in the best players they can get. Players do the recruiting in some cases, coaches under the radar in other cases. Florida just up'd the ante and doesn't deny it. Teams like Chaminade are just a step down from being an IMG type team. They can get away with it under the Private school rules. Now, with open transfers, you will see it more and more in the years to come. Columbia will profit from it in the future if they want to win championships. Life for HS football is evolving. It's not easy going through changes, but in the end you usually have a better product. 

I would say all private schools recruit on some level.  I personally think now that we have school choice that public schools should be allowed to recruit.  I think it could really make schools focus more on education and get kids better prepared for what they will be dealing with at the next level.

30 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

We got some transfers from Hamilton and Suwannee and other area schools so i see us getting stronger with these rules

34 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

We got some transfers from Hamilton and Suwannee and other area schools so i see us getting stronger with these rules

If you were allowed to recruit you could sell kids on the exposure they would get, specialized classes you offer,  your higher than average ACT scores etc.  This would then force other schools to offer better academics and such to keep their students or draw more in.