Florida Football vs the rest of the country

“PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE)

11 minutes ago, Sharkbait said:

In defense of some of the larger schools if your school is a long distance from where your students live or it is located in a neighborhood that may not be safe at night ( I'm talking about traffic more so than crime) then I understand attendance being lower.

In large, urban areas, both traffic and crime are potential issues. Still, in Orange County, there is usually a large police presence at most of the games, and, for the most part, they are generally safe. In my 19+ seasons of watching the high school game live, which has not just been limited to Apopka games but also to a majority of the schools in (Orange, Osceola and Seminole) and some in Lake, Volusia and Brevard, I have been in probably two or three situations that I found "uncomfortable." That's not bad considering I have watched over 250 games live in that time period.

27 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

In large, urban areas, both traffic and crime are potential issues. Still, in Orange County, there is usually a large police presence at most of the games, and, for the most part, they are generally safe. In my 19+ seasons of watching the high school game live, which has not just been limited to Apopka games but also to a majority of the schools in (Orange, Osceola and Seminole) and some in Lake, Volusia and Brevard, I have been in probably two or three situations that I found "uncomfortable." That's not bad considering I have watched over 250 games live in that time period.

Even if that is the case what about just the overall water down display of football we get down here compared to other states the players down here at most schools especially at the inner city black schools the drive the passion the grit seems to be missing the coaches don't even communicate on the sideline no ntn

2 minutes ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

Even if that is the case what about just the overall water down display of football we get down here compared to other states the players down here at most schools especially at the inner city black schools the drive the passion the grit seems to be missing the coaches don't even communicate on the sideline no ntn

Miami Northwestern usually has very good crowd support. At least I know they did through 2008 when they were real good. Now that they are back, I would guess their support is up again.

Also, the game I attended at Dillard with BH, when we met up had a nice crowd, a very good band, and decent passion. What I saw missing there was a lack of upgraded facilities and overall control of the flow of the game by the coaching staff. But I saw a lot of talent on the field. This leads me to believe that it would not be too hard to turn the program around if all parties were willing to let that happen.

As far as maintenance and keeping facilities looking good there is really no excuse not to.  Just about every county has inmate work crews that will paint and do whatever maintenance needs to be done and won't cost the schools anything,  paint is a lot of bang for the buck, and other materials to keep facilities up are not too expensive.  I'm sure some of these schools may need some help organizing their fundraising for equipment but people out there will give money if asked.  Lot of NFL players from Florida schools don't be afraid to reach out 10 grand aint much to them but huge to a struggling program.

11 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Miami Northwestern usually has very good crowd support. At least I know they did through 2008 when they were real good. Now that they are back, I would guess their support is up again.

Also, the game I attended at Dillard with BH, when we met up had a nice crowd, a very good band, and decent passion. What I saw missing there was a lack of upgraded facilities and overall control of the flow of the game by the coaching staff. But I saw a lot of talent on the field. This leads me to believe that it would not be too hard to turn the program around if all parties were willing to let that happen.

MNW support has never left.. That's 1 school I know that their fans come and watch cause they believe their teams should go to states every year... They have throwback fans... 

15 hours ago, Cjm04 said:

Local governments won't invest in the sport.  If you can field teams that beat Katy and Bishop Gorman with crumbs why would they invest?  Palm Beach County is the richest county in Florida and our kids are paying 200.00 to play football.  When I coached in Chicago we got 8k stipends and Chicago has significantly less resources than Palm Beach.

A problem in Florida is there is a lot of OLD Retiree's that could care less about any school. They just want somewhere warm to retire too. Also, we are a tourist state.  Could that be part of the problem?

A lot of fans really only feel up for home games if that especially down here in south Florida away games don't bring a big crowd for the away school unless it's a big game.

in my opinion no matter how big the game is or how good or sorry the teams is fill up the stands && support your team.

& @ColumbiaHighFan2017class @DarterBlue2 Idk if u guys may have missed it but I was waiting for you to give me your insight on the low level of passion & love of the game even from most players down here most seem uninterested or non chalant their just out there they lose by 50 they just out there and then u have the 1s they don't care there just out there for their own individual stats long as they get recognized or get a Td or something in the game to hell with the score it's not every team or every player in Florida of course but u see it more times then none especially in south Florida long story short it's not a family down here so on another note why would boosters and the community go all out for a team of players who can give a crap it's like what do these coaches and players talk about in off season in my opinion you shouldn't even be allowed to play if A you don't want to be apart of a family B you don't want to give maximum effort & C want to win states

7 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

A problem in Florida is there is a lot of OLD Retiree's that could care less about any school. They just want somewhere warm to retire too. Also, we are a tourist state.  Could that be part of the problem?

No because if you go to (none racist comment) these white schools they freaking support they school old and young matter fact you may see more old then you do young even the alumni and present students are not even supporting && as I stated up top the players are not even fully supporting @Cat_Scratch Coaches and players and then when u call them out on it from the stands they get mad with u as if your telling a lie the fans and the players and coaches should be 1 we can see the field and everything else just like u how about being open to listening 

2 minutes ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

A lot of fans really only feel up for home games if that especially down here in south Florida away games don't bring a big crowd for the away school unless it's a big game.

in my opinion no matter how big the game is or how good or sorry the teams is fill up the stands && support your team.

& @ColumbiaHighFan2017class @DarterBlue2 Idk if u guys may have missed it but I was waiting for you to give me your insight on the low level of passion & love of the game even from most players down here most seem uninterested or nonchalant their just out there they lose by 50 they just out there and then u have the 1s they don't care there just out there for their own individual stats long as they get recognized or get a Td or something in the game to hell with the score it's not every team or every player in Florida of course but u see it more times then none especially in south Florida long story short it's not a family down here so on another note why would boosters and the community go all out for a team of players who can give a crap it's like what do these coaches and players talk about in off season in my opinion you shouldn't even be allowed to play if A you don't want to be apart of a family B you don't want to give maximum effort & C want to win states

Passion needs to be instilled by the leadership. A good coaching staff works hard at finding a theme or set of values around which a team of young people can rally. Teamwork is not innate; it must be cultivated. If players feel their coaches don't care or are only in it for themselves they will not show a whole lot of caring or concern besides their own individual stats.  

At 15, 16, 17 or 18 you are still looking for leadership from adults. If that leadership is not forthcoming, then apathy and cynicism quickly takes over. That may be part of the problem. 

5 minutes ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

No because if you go to (none racist comment) these white schools they freaking support they school old and young matter fact you may see more old then you do young even the alumni and present students are not even supporting && as I stated up top the players are not even fully supporting @Cat_Scratch Coaches and players and then when u call them out on it from the stands they get mad with u as if your telling a lie the fans and the players and coaches should be 1 we can see the field and everything else just like u how about being open to listening 

Not the case in all of these schools. A Boone High School fits what you are saying above. However, for every Boone, I can think of a ton of similar demographic schools where this is not the case. That is, the stands are  empty and there is very little support. A lot depends on the particular community. 

3 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Passion needs to be instilled by the leadership. A good coaching staff works hard at finding a theme or set of values around which a team of young people can rally. Teamwork is not innate; it must be cultivated. If players feel their coaches don't care or are only in it for themselves they will not show a whole lot of caring or concern besides their own individual stats.  

At 15, 16, 17 or 18 you are still looking for leadership from adults. If that leadership is not forthcoming, then apathy and cynicism quickly takes over. That may be part of the problem. 

I agree darter but we also have to look at the generation we are in where kids think they know it all at 15 16 17 they think they are grown the coaches try to talk to them or tell em what they did wrong on the sidelines they str8 walk away from the coaches I mean no respect at all on the sidelines players are laughing having conversations and etc instead of watching the game learning or better yet huddled up with the position coach getting prepared like I thought all of this was basic football 1 on 1

4 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Shouldn't the fans be equal to the school size.

Say Cocoa has 900 students and a average home game crowd of 2,500. I would think that a school like Columbia would have a crowd size of around 5,000 or so.

I know it is worse on away games even for Cocoa, but I do notice Cocoa travels a lot better than other schools.

Looking forward to Viera vs Cocoa this Friday night at Cocoa. Both stands should be full. MaxPerps has Viera 2 spots higher than Cocoa... The Hawks are not going to like what Cocoa has waiting for them. It should be a very good game with Cocoa as the underdogs according to MassPreps.

We might average 1/3 of that

But we travel well 

We sometimes outnumber the home team when we travel and have far more energy 

3 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Say Cocoa has 900 students and a average home game crowd of 2,500. I would think that a school like Columbia would have a crowd size of around 5,000 or so.

I know it is worse on away games even for Cocoa, but I do notice Cocoa travels a lot better than other schools.

Please if that was the case very high school football game would be pack Dillard has about what 3,500 4,000 kids and their home games are hardly if ever sold out u would be lucky if 250 people show up only time it's jammed pack is for homecoming tbh I think we fare better on the road I don't know if it's because the away sides are smaller so it looks packed but the away stands Be Filled more then our home stands do. But again I guess the fans say if the players don't care why should I spend my money I can stay home and here they lost

22 minutes ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

& @ColumbiaHighFan2017class @DarterBlue2 Idk if u guys may have missed it but I was waiting for you to give me your insight on the low level of passion & love of the game even from most players down here most seem uninterested or non chalant their just out there they lose by 50 they just out there and then u have the 1s they don't care there just out there for their own individual stats long as they get recognized or get a Td or something in the game to hell with the score it's not every team or every player in Florida of course but u see it more times then none especially in south Florida long story short it's not a family down here so on another note why would boosters and the community go all out for a team of players who can give a crap it's like what do these coaches and players talk about in off season in my opinion you shouldn't even be allowed to play if A you don't want to be apart of a family B you don't want to give maximum effort & C want to win states

Can't co sign all that but there's probably 10 % truth to that ...

12 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

I think we have had 5k show up once in past 10 years

9 minutes ago, Zoe Boy said:

Can't co sign all that but there's probably 10 % truth to that ...

lol about which part broski ...I'm not familiar with dade cuz I'm not from there so I can really speak on Broward ...& down here if yo school sorry your games are dead ...if you are good & the team you play is sorry the fans won't fill up.

example when Deerfield & Carol city played in week 1 that game was a ghost town for both sides granted it was raining but I saw plenty games at traz in the rain or not that place was packed u can't tell me if that was central & northwestern that game wouldn't have been standing room only in the rain.

like bro your team is the defending 6a champions it's their first game at home & because of the rain it's only about 10 ppl in the stands that's inexcusable 

3 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Not the case in all of these schools. A Boone High School fits what you are saying above. However, for every Boone, I can think of a ton of similar demographic schools where this is not the case. That is, the stands are  empty and there is very little support. A lot depends on the particular community. 

Vero Beach

Sebastian

South Fork

Jensen

Martin County

Are all like this 

5 hours ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

lol about which part broski ...I'm not familiar with dade cuz I'm not from there so I can really speak on Broward ...& down here if yo school sorry your games are dead ...if you are good & the team you play is sorry the fans won't fill up.

example when Deerfield & Carol city played in week 1 that game was a ghost town for both sides granted it was raining but I saw plenty games at traz in the rain or not that place was packed u can't tell me if that was central & northwestern that game wouldn't have been standing room only in the rain.

like bro your team is the defending 6a champions it's their first game at home & because of the rain it's only about 10 ppl in the stands that's inexcusable 

Yea if it's a big game!!! Yea that was a big game matchup on paper but ppl in Dade ain't going crazy for a Deerfield vs Carol City game and plus the rain played a part of it too... More Carol City fans and other fans would of been there too.. Not jam pack tho....

1 hour ago, Zoe Boy said:

Yea if it's a big game!!! Yea that was a big game matchup on paper but ppl in Dade ain't going crazy for a Deerfield vs Carol City game and plus the rain played a part of it too... More Carol City fans and other fans would of been there too.. Not jam pack tho....

True true what game u at Friday or u working