FINAL IMG 21 MNW 0

they are like IMG in basketball.  They recruit worldwide.  They are not in a class.  They play a national schedule.  

According to maxpreps last year Florida had only 3 teams in the top 100 in the nation.  

Montverde, IMG and Dillard.  If it wasn't for Montverde and IMG Florida wouldn't be relevant in basketball on a national scene.

2 minutes ago, badbird said:

they are like IMG in basketball.  They recruit worldwide.  They are not in a class.  They play a national schedule.  

According to maxpreps last year Florida had only 3 teams in the top 100 in the nation.  

Montverde, IMG and Dillard.  If it wasn't for Montverde and IMG Florida wouldn't be relevant in basketball on a national scene.

hmm well I don't follow basketball much because we generally only play teams from around this area and outside of our district teams I don't think the ones on our schedule are that good or interesting enough of matchups for me to go to the games but I saw a few good matchups this year that ill probably try to go to

56 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

are they in florida?

In Lake County near Orlando. Relatively small private school. Lots of international kids (foreigners with quite a few from China). They have a powerhouse basketball program and play a national schedule. They are also very good in several other sports but don't have a football program. 

1 hour ago, Sharkbait said:

IMG gives scholarships to kids that would never be able to afford 70k a year

Shark...................I'm not trying to find fault with your statement so please bare with me. However, I would surely like to know where you obtained the information that IMG gives scholarships. Do you know for sure (know some students or coaches) about these scholarships? Outside of government assistance, for needy students, as a partial amount of the tuition, how does IMG make a profit by giving $75,000 scholarships out of their pocket to their football players? What benefit would it be for IMG to basically give free rides? How do they recoup that money? Another thing is that if they were supposedly getting government assistance I don't believe that any government program would approve assistance for a school charging $75,000. If you are going to a private school that charges the average of $10,000 then government assistance may enter into it. Then again, government assistance is on a needs basis and normally doesn't cover more than 20% of the customary tuition. Case in point is Trinity Catholic where for years all I heard was that the school provided paid scholarships to it's football players and that is why the football team was so good. The problem is that it was not true. A few Trinity players were able to secure partial government assistance that paid for a small percentage of the tuition. The only other tuition discount that I knew of was if your family belonged to the church. Then your son would get a 5 to 10 percent tuition discount. I know of no student that received full tuition paid by the school.

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

maybe that has something to do with fact that sta has been successful for better part of 20-25 years if not longer

maybe also has to do with fact I don't see anyone saying sta cant be beat by anyone in the nation this year

and I did say I don't like img and I don't respect their way of team building because even though its similar to other schools they go above the top in how they do things compared to other privates around the state 

Because they have the resources and sponsors to are u upset at that & again nobody is saying Img can't be beat by no 1 in the nation but yet u keep repeating it & holding it over their head I don't give a dang wat anybody say on a national board if the team or coaches didn't say it then that shouldn't be held over the team head.

your reasons for hating Img is valid to a certain point but IF!!! your gonna go that route don't b a hypocrite hate st Thomas & every other private nationally recruiting or better yet let's take it a step further hate any school public or private that's able to create super teams that are nationally good because the new Florida rule allows transfers to go where ever they want. And I don't wanna here nothing about "oh but this team almost beat them or that team almost Be them" teams almost beat Img to so again they are all in the same boat u are a cool dude @ColumbiaHighFan2017class But when it comes to Img u are very hypocritical. 

1 minute ago, Proseteye said:

Shark...................I'm not trying to find fault with your statement so please bare with me. However, I would surely like to know where you obtained the information that IMG gives scholarships. Do you know for sure (know some students or coaches) about these scholarships? Outside of government assistance, for needy students, as a partial amount of the tuition, how does IMG make a profit by giving $75,000 scholarships out of their pocket to their football players? What benefit would it be for IMG to basically give free rides? How do they recoup that money? Another thing is that if they were supposedly getting government assistance I don't believe that any government program would approve assistance for a school charging $75,000. If you are going to a private school that charges the average of $10,000 then government assistance may enter into it. Then again, government assistance is on a needs basis and normally doesn't cover more than 20% of the customary tuition. Case in point is Trinity Catholic where for years all I heard was that the school provided paid scholarships to it's football players and that is why the football team was so good. The problem is that it was not true. A few Trinity players were able to secure partial government assistance that paid for a small percentage of the tuition. The only other tuition discount that I knew of was if your family belonged to the church. Then your son would get a 5 to 10 percent tuition discount. I know of no student that received full tuition paid by the school.

They make a profit precisely because they charge $75,000 per year to those that can afford it, which, in the case of football, are the kids that play mostly on the second team or not on either of the two teams at all. They also are involved in multiple other sports and the overall philosophy is the same. They make the money back by charging the top fraction of 1% that can afford it, full tuition while providing scholarships (financial assistance) to some of the top athletes in the country (if you look at the roster for football, the kids are from all over the place). 

To them, the free or near free ride to the top athletes is part of the cost of doing business (marketing expense) so they can get those with money to pay the outrageous cost of being in the IMG program. To me, the whole concept seems to represent capitalism run amok and seems totally un-American.

But what do I know ...

3 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

I will say this a family making 40-50k per year sending their kid off to a private boarding school  at 75k tuition when he already has scholarship offers from every major D1 program as a freshman doesn't add up.  I know the community doesn't get together and pay it and it is tough getting 75 out of 45, so I hope IMG is giving scholarships.  But I did hear from a players family he was on scholarship.

1 minute ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

Because they have the resources and sponsors to are u upset at that & again nobody is saying Img can't be beat by no 1 in the nation but yet u keep repeating it & holding it over their head I don't give a dang wat anybody say on a national board if the team or coaches didn't say it then that shouldn't be held over the team head.

your reasons for hating Img is valid to a certain point but IF!!! your gonna go that route don't b a hypocrite hate st Thomas & every other private nationally recruiting or better yet let's take it a step further hate any school public or private that's able to create super teams that are nationally good because the new Florida rule allows transfers to go where ever they want. And I don't wanna here nothing about "oh but this team almost beat them or that team almost Be them" teams almost beat Img to so again they are all in the same boat u are a cool dude @ColumbiaHighFan2017class But when it comes to Img u are very hypocritical. 

the difference between img and these other schools is the other schools been around longer then 5 years 

I never said I liked those private schools, I only like my own school, I respect other programs but I only like mine

If you have never been on the IMG campus it is hard to explain. It has been a few years but the amount of money flowing through this place is almost unimaginable. Its not cash its the things you see that most do not. The amount of resources is unlimited. The best coaches, equipment, books, staff, food. They are all geared for one thing and its not losing.

I can remember being refused entry due to a security issue with a Prince of some middle east country being on campus.

Any sport that you can think of that they can make money off of is available for the right price.

Don't forget IMG has other interests as well Modelling and other businesses. Its a Corporation .

8 minutes ago, 941football said:

If you have never been on the IMG campus it is hard to explain. It has been a few years but the amount of money flowing through this place is almost unimaginable. Its not cash its the things you see that most do not. The amount of resources is unlimited. The best coaches, equipment, books, staff, food. They are all geared for one thing and its not losing.

I can remember being refused entry due to a security issue with a Prince of some middle east country being on campus.

Any sport that you can think of that they can make money off of is available for the right price.

Don't forget IMG has other interests as well Modelling and other businesses. Its a Corporation .

I am pretty sure they started as a tennis academy

I could go on and on about stories from IMG.

The old strength coach (going back maybe 8-10 years ago) for UF had a short time as the IMG coach before IMG football days. Nice guy to me but being paid to see results. IMG hires guys like this to lure potential prospects. Some prospects pay some don't.

Was at The David Ledbetter golf complex with my vehicle. It was parked near the net on the driving range. I asked the coach if it would be ok to leave it there and not be hit. He said" If they hit the truck its because they wanted to". These where 13-15yr olds driving huge distances. They don't take second tier kids unless they pay.

9 minutes ago, 941football said:

A for profit Corporation, just like an Apple, or General Electric. This is not some Not-for-Profit private school like St. Thomas.

Just now, Sharkbait said:

I am pretty sure they started as a tennis academy

It was the Nick Bollettieri Academy. It also was not at the location it is now off of 34th street. He moved to that location along with David Ledbetter. Then IMG purchased the academy and Nick was paid to use his name for what--money and to get kids to come.

Just now, DarterBlue2 said:

That is correct. I don't wish to diminish the benefit some kids may get from attending IMG. However, I question whether this is where we should be going as a society. 

nope but its where people choose to lead it

instead of building your community up they are looking for first ticket out to sell out for something better

4 minutes ago, Sharkbait said:

The IMG company was a sports agency representing a lot of big time pro athletes if I remember correctly

International Medical Group was the thought back when I was there but I think that was a rumor. IMG has its hands in a lot of things not related to sports as well. Think bigger .

Just now, DarterBlue2 said:

That is correct. I don't wish to diminish the benefit some kids may get from attending IMG. However, I question whether this is where we should be going as a society. 

I always wonder about the relationship between IMG and certain NCAA programs and if there is any quid pro quo expected of player after college

1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

nope but its where people choose to lead it

instead of building your community up they are looking for first ticket out to sell out for something better

Columbia, you strike me as a good young man with a strong moral compass. Stay the way you are. We live in a harsh world, one that needs people to question things and not just always go with the flow for their own benefit.

Pendleton School is a great education. College prep is the basis.

These kids do their specific sport around the school but still get an education. Think of it as college for any age. Also don't think of just high school age kids.

I saw 6-8 year old tennis players there with their coaches at 8am practicing that I couldn't beat.

IMG company story from their website:

Founded in 1960 with a single deal that would prove the advent of modern-day sports marketing, IMG is now a global leader in sports, events, media and fashion, operating in more than 30 countries. The company represents and manages some of the world’s greatest sports figures and fashion icons; stages hundreds of live events and branded entertainment experiences annually; and is one of the largest independent producers and distributors of sports media. IMG also specializes in sports training; league development; and marketing, media and licensing for brands, sports organizations and collegiate institutions.