Daytona Mainland at Cocoa (Oct 6)

Dan in Daytona

These two central Florida powers will finally hook up for a real game after circumstances (2015 both played St Ed's instead ) and weather (2016 hurricane Matthew ) derailed the first two years of the contract. Cocoa appears " as good as ever, " while Mainland seems to have dropped off somewhat. Still both teams are loaded with at least a half dozen D-1 players on their rosters. Speed and athletic ability is never in shortage at either campus. This match up is long over due. Only Apopka and the Osceola Kowboys in the Orlando area have been as consistently strong as these two over such a long period of time in this part of the state. The last couple of years this game would have been a toss up. Clearly Cocoa is the favorite at home in 2017. We will see....     

This game is making me nervous. Mainland is never a team to count out. Cocoa is about the same this year minus one big game changer in Judson, but they also have a decent QB when he can set his feet and find his open WR.

I expect this game will be closer than some people think. 

Good luck Dan, and may we see a healthy game.

10 minutes ago, badbird said:

I have no Faith in mainland after watching them play DP.  They have potential but they seemed more interested in pointing the finger then fixing the problem.  QB change will help but they need to play with a lot more energy and quit hanging their heads if something bad happens

Even elite programs have a off year eventually, this appears to be that year for mainland and while they are capable of making it a game i have my doubts it will be 

Cocoa by 10

1 hour ago, Tiger86 said:

I feel in this game cocoa is going to make a statement  for everyone to watch out 

I think everyone has picked cocoa so far so i wouldn't say statement since most know mainland down this year and that this isn't the normal mainland who would in most years beat a elite team like cocoa but this year cocoa will have no trouble with mainland this year 

44 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Got to watch out for Mainland. Never know which team is going to show up.

If they beat us they better go undefeated for the rest of the season and at least beat MC.

They good enough to win their District but doubt they beat Miami Central  Carol City or Miami northwestern this year