Chocawatchee

DisabledAccount

3 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

There is obvious dysfunction in the program. I can see a kid or two not showing for anything from a valid reason to indiscipline.  To have so many not show is indicative of a breakdown in the program. 

In general it is a privilege to represent your school and should be treated as such by the student athlete.

Not being at all familiar with Choctaw, I can't comment further. 

2 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

There is obvious dysfunction in the program. I can see a kid or two not showing for anything from a valid reason to indiscipline.  To have so many not show is indicative of a breakdown in the program. 

In general it is a privilege to represent your school and should be treated as such by the student athlete.

Not being at all familiar with Choctaw, I can't comment further. 

I see 10 were jv players so it's clear younger players aren't buying into the program so they need to trim fat and get rid of ones who don't want to be there or program will continue to decline 

Just now, Willie Stargell said:

loose lips sink ships...there's a rat in the ranks...who's talking to the press about practice attendance???

Talk about a slow day for news...

Well if the newspaper has someone attend practices they may have found out from a source not directly with the team 

Coaches have tight lips but parents don't 

1 minute ago, Willie Stargell said:

if that's the case - that a parent is taking attendance at practice OR if a reporter (1) attended a practice AND (2) knows who a single JV player is, much less who is not at practice that day...then you've got yourself a storm of monumental proportions.

What i meant is sometimes parents will notice if something is different at practice because they all talk so the reporter may learn some things from parents that coaches won't disclose 

I liken it to this...if almost half of an English class fails, as an administrator, I'm calling that teacher in to remind her (usually) that her title is TEACHER...if the kids are failing, she is failing. Same thing to the coach...if you have an environment in which your team is revolting, you better get that ship righted. My guess is that even the local paper has turned on this particular coach...

7 hours ago, Willie Stargell said:

Does "show up to practice" qualify as a "demand of varsity football"?

No I was thinking more along the lines of getting run over by the big boys and not wanting anymore.  From what I had heard from a summer FCA camp Choctaw was having some issues then and was being handled by the 1A schools at the camp