Week 9 Joe pinkos power rankings

DisabledAccount

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I totally get what you are saying. I am not sure how any computer driven model could spit out some of these results this late in the season. 

7 minutes ago, Bamarod said:

His Viera at #7 is more accurate than yours at #13. Viera's seeding average is  tied for #1 with Venice in the state. Think that would give them at LEAST a top 10 spot. Do they have to put 100 on South fork next week for that to happen?  

Maybe teams ahead of them losing

1 American Heritage Plantation  5A  1

2 Miami Central  6A  1

3 St Thomas Aquinas  7A  1

4 Miami Northwestern  6A  2

5 Cardinal Gibbons  5A  2

6 Osceola    8A  1

7 Cocoa  4A  1

8 Vero Beach  8A  3

9 Miami Carol City  6A  3

10 Venice  7A  2

11 Lakeland  7A  3

12 Armwood  6A  4

13 Viera  7A  4

How many of those can you say without a doubt that viera beats 

They already lost head to head with cocoa

Every team ahead of them has a case for being ahead 

Do i seriously have to point out far worst flaws in pinkos rankings

Cocoa at 3 in state? 

And i thought putting them at 7 was high,  and over St Thomas Aquinas and Miami Northwestern 

Would they really win head to head over them 

St Augustine at 6?

St Augustine is good but 6th in state and 2nd in 6a i don't see them beating Miami Central head to head 

Bartram trail at 11 in state  with 2 losses?

They bout to lose to cocoa this week,  i don't get this ranking at all and 3rd in 7a? I seriously doubt that

Plant at 10th in 7a and undefeated

Did plant drop before armwood loss or did they drop and armwood loss not get added,  either way too low

Madison over columbus?

I seriously doubt 1a madison beats a potential 8a south winner 

Should i go on? 

1 minute ago, Sharkbait said:

Pinkos power ratings and predictions were really good a couple of years ago but he seems to have been off quite a bit in his predictions this year at least in games I have paid attention to.

His percentage usually hovers around 80% for the season and between 75-85% for playoffs but i haven't checked percentage lately and his predictions are good but some of these power rankings cause me to scratch my head 

I'm mostly talking about his spread we can all be 70-80 %  picking games but his spreads have been way off and those are based on subtracting the ratings from one another.  In 2015 he was nailing the spreads within a point or two but be is off by 15 regularly.  I know it is not an exact science and I appreciate his effort, your effort, and anyone else's that puts the time and work into this.

8 minutes ago, Sharkbait said:

I'm mostly talking about his spread we can all be 70-80 %  picking games but his spreads have been way off and those are based on subtracting the ratings from one another.  In 2015 he was nailing the spreads within a point or two but be is off by 15 regularly.  I know it is not an exact science and I appreciate his effort, your effort, and anyone else's that puts the time and work into this.

So that's how those spreads come from 

I always was curious about that

Really can't throw the Cocoa loss out there, At Cocoa, 2OT, lost on 4th down muffed snap throw to the end zone catch.Won't take anything away from Cocoa but no gap between the two. I'm comfortable sliding them behind Vero at #9. Was very impressed with Vero in the Football Classic game they played us. Cluster those 3 teams together through the rest of the season  and you would be good to go. Of course Vero Beach seemed to be deeper than either Viera or Cocoa and wouldn't be as vulnerable if key injuries were to happen.

I think Joe P. did pretty good.  Every team is most likely where they should be.  A couple of thoughts from Mustang78.  St. Aug. in 6A is getting to much love. Lakeland and Plant not getting enough love.   Boyz, Lakeland is good this year,  and not in the list with 7A is Kathkeen.  No one and I say No one will want to play them in in 1st few rounds.  They do not have good wins, but they are my sleeper.  It will suck if Lakeland and Kathleen play their rival game last week of season and then Kathleen kicks Lakeland's butt in first round of playoffs. Other classes, not sure this year Amer. Plantation,  Gibbons, Bartram, and Oxbridge are really in elite status.  I would take Rockledge over Gibbons in a playoff game.