Bishop Sullivan @ IMG

Proseteye

7 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

No one said img don't have talent 

Only that they can lose 

Fyi

img 2016 > img 2017

If you will, do an assessment of opponents that IMG will play in 2018 to see who they possibly lose to. Consider the Seniors who will be graduating in that scenario. I know it's a little early and the 2018 schedule has not been finalized yet. When it is I'd like your opinion on this. I have watched most of the IMG games and my feeling is that they could have lost at least 3 games but managed to pull out wins. I guess my only criticism of their team is that they seem to be almost bored and possibly somewhat arrogant in their approach to their games. Maybe they are just so good that they know they can defeat any team at anytime without any great effort.

Agree, it's like they are just going through the motions, especially in the first half of games. Deciding at halftime if they need to turn it up a notch. Play-calling also seems to follow this pattern. They feel they don't have to be aggressive because they can out-physical you in the second half.   

5 hours ago, Bamarod said:

Agree, it's like they are just going through the motions, especially in the first half of games. Deciding at halftime if they need to turn it up a notch. Play-calling also seems to follow this pattern. They feel they don't have to be aggressive because they can out-physical you in the second half.   

Sooner or later it will backfire 

On 11/13/2017 at 1:51 AM, Bamarod said:

You hit the nail on the head. Also, I don't really think that their two QB's are exceptional at all, like in years past. I believe that has a lot to do with their sluggish performances at times in games. Hightower has saved them on a few occasions. I think he must be the best HS player in the country. NFL material right about now.

11 hours ago, Mustangs78 said:

Really, should any of us care about IMG??  They are their own identity. 

IMG is really no different than STA, Bolles, TCA, AHP, etc. They all recruit and pack their teams with D1 prospects. In a sense they are "all star" teams and not truly representative of their student bodies and cities they reside in. At least IMG admits that they are purely a professional training facility with recruits from all over. Knowing this I still appreciate the skills that they possess. After all, they usually don't play any local sisters of the poor to pad their records,  like the others do. They play against the best in the country. Every game with them is a championship caliber game. Over half their games are played far away in other states in front to hostile crowds. Three years undefeated against the best in the country is pretty admirable in my opinion. Only wish that IMG was closer to Ocala so that I could go physically to their home games.

1 minute ago, Proseteye said:

IMG is really no different than STA, Bolles, TCA, AHP, etc. They all recruit and pack their teams with D1 prospects. In a sense they are "all star" teams and not truly representative of their student bodies and cities they reside in. At least IMG admits that they are purely a professional training facility with recruits from all over. Knowing this I still appreciate the skills that they possess. After all, they usually don't play any local sisters of the poor to pad their records,  like the others do. They play against the best in the country. Every game with them is a championship caliber game. Over half their games are played far away in other states in front to hostile crowds. Three years undefeated against the best in the country is pretty admirable in my opinion. Only wish that IMG was closer to Ocala so that I could go physically to their home games.

They are not even close to those other schools in the number of d1 athletes on the roster 

4 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

They are not even close to those other schools in the number of d1 athletes on the roster 

That was really not what I was referring to. Of course IMG has a much larger roster than any of the schools mentioned. My understanding is that nearly every IMG Senior player has at least one , if not many, offers from D1 schools. The other schools seem to have a much greater percentage of their roster as D1 material than most of the schools in Florida. A couple of really good D1 players turn a team into a championship one. When you have 10 to 20 D1 recruits on a team, that has only 40 to 50 players, then you have an all star team that is near impossible to defeat. However, If any of these other all star teams were to play IMG's schedule I daresay they would not even be at  500%, if that. IMG does not play any 'sisters of the poor" to get themselves a winning season and into playoffs. 

5 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

That was really not what I was referring to. Of course IMG has a much larger roster than any of the schools mentioned. My understanding is that nearly every IMG Senior player has at least one , if not many, offers from D1 schools. The other schools seem to have a much greater percentage of their roster as D1 material than most of the schools in Florida. A couple of really good D1 players turn a team into a championship one. When you have 10 to 20 D1 recruits on a team, that has only 40 to 50 players, then you have an all star team that is near impossible to defeat. However, If any of these other all star teams were to play IMG's schedule I daresay they would not even be at  500%, if that. IMG does not play any 'sisters of the poor" to get themselves a winning season and into playoffs. 

Bolles and Trinity are far from previous years 

I can't speak for the others but we played those 2 head to head

Unfortunately i didn't get to travel to Bolles but i saw us play them in 2015 and saw us play tca this year 

They are far from all star teams,  talented but if the team is good enough they are beatable 

Difference is to my knowledge you don't live on campus at Bolles or tca 

Img you do which means img can offer a scholarship to whomever and move them on campus

If any of these schools could do that you would see a bunch of schools refusing to play them, img goes way over the top

5 hours ago, Proseteye said:

IMG actively recruits kids from all over the country. They go after the 5 star kids everywhere. Their coaches get on the phone and call them and recruit them as if they were a college coach. Not even close to some of the schools you mentioned. 

9 hours ago, smashmouth80 said:

IMG actively recruits kids from all over the country. They go after the 5 star kids everywhere. Their coaches get on the phone and call them and recruit them as if they were a college coach. Not even close to some of the schools you mentioned. 

STA, Bolles, AHD, and a few others don't have to actively recruit, which is still against the FHSAA rules. The good players find them. It's not active recruiting it's passive recruiting. These schools are not in the business of developing professional NFL players so they are only looking for players, for 2 or 3 years,  who can help them win HS championships. I really feel sorry for the home grown players who sit on the bench, sometimes for 3 or more years, while transfers are passively recruited to play those positions.  

Some people are not going to be happy until IMG loses a game in the near future so they can say "I told you so". Maybe they lose one or 2 next year or the year after, but not this year... again they go undefeated against the best, the BEST. I bet MD, the mythical national champs, will be scared to play them next year. It's humorous to see people get upset that IMG exist. After all it's just a bunch of recruited HS kids playing by the private school rules, and the private schools have no room to complain that they are getting beat at their own game.

Suck it up girls... 

8 hours ago, Proseteye said:

STA, Bolles, AHD, and a few others don't have to actively recruit, which is still against the FHSAA rules. The good players find them. It's not active recruiting it's passive recruiting. These schools are not in the business of developing professional NFL players so they are only looking for players, for 2 or 3 years,  who can help them win HS championships. I really feel sorry for the home grown players who sit on the bench, sometimes for 3 or more years, while transfers are passively recruited to play those positions.  

There is a huge difference there. They really aren't even close to the same. My man issue with what you're saying is you keep leaving out Trinity Catholic in the list of your private schools. 

I have no problem with IMG they can keep doing what they're doing. I hope they help some kids reach their goals. But to compare to them some of those other schools is completely unfair. 

3 minutes ago, smashmouth80 said:

There is a huge difference there. They really aren't even close to the same. My man issue with what you're saying is you keep leaving out Trinity Catholic in the list of your private schools. 

I never liked it when the Celtics were encouraging transfers. And, you could have fooled me, about the advantages of transfers and passive recruiting, as the Celtics have certainly not been very powerful over the last 3 or 4 years.

1 minute ago, Proseteye said:

I never liked it when the Celtics were encouraging transfers. And, you could have fooled me, about the advantages of transfers and passive recruiting, as the Celtics have certainly not been very powerful over the last 3 or 4 years.

Well just because you don't like it doesn't mean you should leave them out when naming private schools. And that's obviously the difference in recruiting. OTC still passively recruits because of who they are by how you define it. 

Just now, smashmouth80 said:

Well just because you don't like it doesn't mean you should leave them out when naming private schools. And that's obviously the difference in recruiting. OTC still passively recruits because of who they are by how you define it. 

Well if we talking technically then any school who accepts transfers and generally gets transfers because of their reputation are passively recruiting whether public or private