Gibbons vs Rockledge. Can the Chiefs end the Raider run?

Cat_Scratch

The Raiders will face an high octane offense in Cardinal Gibbons, who averages 36 points a game. But that's only half the team. On the other side of the ball you have a very stingy defense that has only given up a total of 83 points, 30 coming in the last game against Jones. Rockledge however has scored 366 points in 11 games for an average of 33 points and given up a total of 143 points on defense. 

Maxprep stats. 

Gibbons is ranked 2nd in 5A while Rockledge is ranked 4th.

Gibbons has a Strength of Schedule of 36.6

Rockledge has a SOS of 38.3

While Maxpreps stats indicate that Rockledge has had the tougher schedule, Gibbons is clearly favored in the rankings with only 1 loss to powerhouse AHP, while Rockledge has had a tougher go with 3 losses.

Rockledge will have an uphill battle stopping the passing game. Gibbons challenge will be stopping Corbin and the Option run. Corbin is one of the top 5 Wildcat QB's I've seen this year. If he can get a half decent passing game going then the Raiders have a chance of pulling what I consider an upset. If Gibbons QB, Scalzo, can find his targets early then the running game will open up and Rockledge will have a very tough time playing TD for TD.

I'll take Gibbons for the win in a game worth every cent for a seat. Expect the Home side to be filled to brimming. 

Good Luck to the Raiders.

I agree with you, Raiders probably go down, but I only watched Gibbons once on tv.  Wasn't really paying attention either. LOL. Wonder if anyone has seen both teams and  can give a more objective opinion of Gibbons strengths and weaknesses. 

I was confident until Rockledge scraped by last week against Palm Bay. Beat them by 5 tds in regular season and taken to overtime Friday. Having your team ready to play is on coaching and young Younger still finding his footing.

Bottom line- if Rockledge plays to its potential it can beat anyone in that class on a given day. Or like Friday, almost lose to a team it has proven to be superior. 

10 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

What's your basis? Where is Cardinal Gibbons weak?

No bias just believe rockledge would handle business at home if we can give gibbons all they can handle and actually lead in the game for a half and I’m sure all would say rockledge is better then Dillard I’m sure they can make something happen

2 minutes ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

No bias just believe rockledge would handle business at home if we can give gibbons all they can handle and actually lead in the game for a half and I’m sure all would say rockledge is better then Dillard I’m sure they can make something happen

Cardinal gibbons also was playing a very short week with Dillard 

This time CG gets a entire week to prep

I see CG by 17 here 

Haven't heard anything on Corbin being hurt. It would explain the score on last game. Without him at 100% the odds go way down for a Raiders win. They still have a lot of talent though, not sure CG would beat them worse then Osceola which was 14 on the road. With the home crowd backing them and no Corbin.   Rock  13      CG    21