Florida high school football history

nolebull813

It has been a big hobby of mine the last few years  to document  all of the football history in the state.  Georgia and Alabama have great websites dedicated to all of their history.  I hope one day Florida can get one and I will be there to help with all I can. 

Does anyone know of any teams  Who have all of their football history on a website?  I know STA, Naples, Ft Myers and a few others have them.  But does anyone know of anyone else? 

DP off the top of my head since I played... have won bets doing this for years... check out dpathletics.net... I may provide JM with my history word doc to put up there. 

I have all the seasons (and losses) documented... I really focus on the losses...have those scores memorized back to the 90’s...

13-2

12-3

9-4

12-1

11-1

13-1

10-2

14-1

11-1

10-2

7-5

9-3

5-5

Best DP team of all time was either 2010, 2017, 2016, 2013 or 1997. The 1997 team went 10-0, blew everyone out, but blew a big lead in round 1 against Oviedo in the biggest upset in program history.

That team could have beaten 2010 and 2017 DP, or at least was of equal caliber.

16 minutes ago, Pipe Dreams said:

Best DP team of all time was either 2010, 2017, 2016, 2013 or 1997. The 1997 team went 10-0, blew everyone out, but blew a big lead in round 1 against Oviedo in the biggest upset in program history.

The bold underscored were the two best DP teams in my opinion. Both 2017 and 2016 had weaknesses. Give them credit, though. One did what no other did and the other should have done likewise if not for a 4th quarter stumble. 

19 minutes ago, Pipe Dreams said:

DP off the top of my head since I played... have won bets doing this for years... check out dpathletics.net... I may provide JM with my history word doc to put up there. 

I have all the seasons (and losses) documented... I really focus on the losses...have those scores memorized back to the 90’s...

13-2

12-3

9-4

12-1

11-1

13-1

10-2

14-1

11-1

10-2

7-5

9-3

5-5

That team could have beaten 2010 and 2017 DP, or at least was of equal caliber.

Wow

Had you all won it would have been 97 Dr Phillips vs 97 Columbia 

We defeated oviedo 50-20 in next round 

But that matchup with Dr Phillips would have been more interesting looking back on it

18 minutes ago, gwdrum75 said:

I own the domain lakelandfootballhistory.com

Haven't done anything with it, but I'd like to start compiling all the records, pictures, videos & stories I have on there.....when I have some free time.

You need to explain what a dreadnaught is on there.  I bet only .00001% of people know what it is.

And have a feature on there that let's you electronically shoot the cannon, sound effects and all!:D

Is the dude with the crazy dreadnaught hat still around?  He was pretty old when I saw him last.  A long time ago I brought an out-of-town guest to see a playoff game (Cocoa) and they were quite impressed by the all the sights and sounds.

6 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

You need to explain what a dreadnaught is on there.  I bet only .00001% of people know what it is.

And have a feature on there that let's you electronically shoot the cannon, sound effects and all!:D

Is the dude with the crazy dreadnaught hat still around?  He was pretty old when I saw him last.  A long time ago I brought an out-of-town guest to see a playoff game (Cocoa) and they were quite impressed by the all the sights and sounds.

Andy "Ski" is still around and still wears his hat to the games. His wife passed away a couple of years ago, but he still makes it to all the games.