Any info on these teams?

nolebull813

26 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Yeah. I just want to know if they have the goods or are they gonna get their ass handed to them 

Orange City University only good team there

East Ridge, Coconut Creek and South Broward could win if they get a weak opponent but they won't beat anyone ranked top 300 nationally 

2 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Yeah. I just want to know if they have the goods or are they gonna get their ass handed to them 

A good sign with Coconut Creek thus far is they appear to be keeping their kids home this year.  Seems like only a couple have transferred out and they have a lot of 2018s returning.  Coconut will not be at 2015 form, but I think they could be a worthy first round type 5A team in most parts of the state. Will likely struggle to make the playoffs in a tough district.

Orlando University will be terrible. 

Evans made improvement last year and I could see them around .500 but would have to look at their schedule.

East Ridge went 7-4 last year but lost a lot of senior skill players.  I don't think they will be as good and schedule got tougher.

4 minutes ago, badbird said:

Orlando University will be terrible. 

Evans made improvement last year and I could see them around .500 but would have to look at their schedule.

East Ridge went 7-4 last year but lost a lot of senior skill players.  I don't think they will be as good and schedule got tougher.

Orange City University?

The 8A team who keeps going 8-2 every year? Are we talking same school or is that not Orlando University? 

5 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Orange City University?

The 8A team who keeps going 8-2 every year? Are we talking same school or is that not Orlando University? 

Orlando University is a separate school near UCF. Despite being around for about 30 years, it has only put together about 4 or 5 good seasons during that time.

It was moving in the right direction in the late 1990s early 2000s and then they opened Timber Creek. Creek seems to have taken a good chunk of the talent they would have otherwise had. 

1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Orange City University?

there is two University's.  Orlando University is usually not very good.  Current Seminole coach Don Starke had some success there for a few years but other than that and John Flath in the early 2000's they have struggled for the last 20 years.  I would guess they have had 4 wining seasons over that time span.

Orange City University has been a disappointment to me.  I think they have good coaching and have had good players but some bad luck and some costly defeats have derailed their seasons.  They lost their All American RB Lingard to graduation and they are kind of under the radar.  maybe they will finally break through but talent wise they are down from previous years.  

2 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Orlando University is a separate school near UCF. Despite being around for about 30 years, it has only put together about 4 or 5 good seasons during that time.

It was moving in the right direction in the late 1990s early 2000s and then they opened Timber Creek. Creek seems to have taken a good chunk of the talent they would have otherwise had. 

haha was typing when you posted.

4 minutes ago, badbird said:

there is two University's.  Orlando University is usually not very good.  Current Seminole coach Don Starke had some success there for a few years but other than that and John Flath in the early 2000's they have struggled for the last 20 years.  I would guess they have had 4 wining seasons over that time span.

Orange City University has been a disappointment to me.  I think they have good coaching and have had good players but some bad luck and some costly defeats have derailed their seasons.  They lost their All American RB Lingard to graduation and they are kind of under the radar.  maybe they will finally break through but talent wise they are down from previous years.  

Hmm alright thanks for clarifying 

I remember Orange City University was advertised for playing someone in the Disney Event (i think columbine) so i assumed nolebull was referring to them when he said Orlando University since I've sometimes seen Orange City University listed just as "University"

5 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I remember Orange City University was advertised for playing someone in the Disney Event (i think columbine) so i assumed nolebull was referring to them when he said Orlando University since I've sometimes seen Orange City University listed just as "University"

yes Orange City is playing Columbine.  I say Orlando university plays Orange City University and the loser changes their name

10 hours ago, badbird said:

yes Orange City is playing Columbine.  I say Orlando university plays Orange City University and the loser changes their name

We actually did play a few years back when current Sanford coach was still there. We won that game 26-14.

11 hours ago, badbird said:

You are correct we have had a few instances of bad luck, timely injuries and the darn hurricane last year which have cost us. It's tough playing 3 games in 7 days and 2 of them 3 days apart. You are also correct that we lost Lorenzo and a lot of other key contributors, but that's how it goes in high school......every year you lose people. Where I differ from you here is the drop in talent, I think we are going to surprise a lot of people this year. Our kids have put in a ton of work this off-season and our upper classmen have really shown great leadership. We might not have a national name in our backfield but we will have a lot of good quality guys step on to the field. Lo was amazing, once in a lifetime type of player, but he was just 1 guy, he needed the other 10 to help out. So please hold the criticism under you see what we produce, I'm there everyday and I don't see the drop off others expect from us.

11 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

We are playing Columbine at that event. So far on film I see a stacked team with a lot of size up front on both sides. They did graduate most of their production from last year. However that just means next man up. I'm expecting them to be Lake Brantley on steroids, lol!!! They run single and double wing with a lot of option and throw in enough passing to keep you from loading the box. We will have our hands full but will represent Florida!!! Right now though we are focused on Apopka and Pine Ridge on the 24th. Can't look ahead or we will get caught slipping!!

2 minutes ago, TitanUp said:

I use that term loosely. For lack of a better word. Just don't want people to think all we were is Lorenzo

I've seen you play quite a bit.  I'm an offensive guy so I will only speak on that side of the ball.  In the last two years you have lost Mickens, Lingard, Braden, Moss, Kenis, and Coleman to graduation.  Everyone loses people but that's some pretty talented guys to replace.  Last year offensively Lingard was most of the offense.  Two years ago you had a special group of talent on that side of the ball.  Like you said next guy up but from an outside perspective having no close connection to the program I have no idea who that is.  I said maybe they will break through because I know of the coaching and work they put in.  Sometimes when that bulls eye is off of you it becomes a little easier.  Kids tend to play with a chip on their shoulder when they are under the radar.  We shall see.  Good luck.

2 minutes ago, badbird said:

I've seen you play quite a bit.  I'm an offensive guy so I will only speak on that side of the ball.  In the last two years you have lost Mickens, Lingard, Braden, Moss, Kenis, and Coleman to graduation.  Everyone loses people but that's some pretty talented guys to replace.  Last year offensively Lingard was most of the offense.  Two years ago you had a special group of talent on that side of the ball.  Like you said next guy up but from an outside perspective having no close connection to the program I have no idea who that is.  I said maybe they will break through because I know of the coaching and work they put in.  Sometimes when that bulls eye is off of you it becomes a little easier.  Kids tend to play with a chip on their shoulder when they are under the radar.  We shall see.  Good luck.

Absolutely, no doubt that's a ton of production gone. But we have some really good looking kids coming in and our returning guys have looked good so far this spring. Kids that have shown well so far are Kyle Metiem, Jaylx Hunt, Jake Williams, Thomas Schiffman and new QB Ethan Lasher. Defensively, we pretty much replace everything as we lost a bunch from their. We will be fine, the kids are excited and this may be the year we finally crack that playoff door. On a side note, we will FINALLY be hosting home games this season at the school. Lights go up soon and we have 3 games scheduled this year!!!