Quiz-What Unique Thing Happened in the State Title Series This Season?

OldSchoolLion

9 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

Raines was the first duval public to win state in a decade or longer

I like your guess, but am looking for something that did NOT happen this year.  Every year since the early 90's something has happened at the state finals that did not happen this year.   Pay special attention to the teams who played this year.  

14 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

The answer I am looking for is not a statistic, per se.  It has to do with the teams....something that did NOT happen.

Suwannee played cardinal gibbons and won 

(something that would be a huge surprise to people these days since Suwannee hasn't been at that level in almost 30 years and cardinal gibbons is one of top teams in state

But i have a feeling that's not it so maybe I'm just not getting this one

You said its something to do with matchups is it just the teams playing or is it have to do with the formation of the programs playing (public or private)

2 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

I like your guess, but am looking for something that did NOT happen this year.  Every year since the early 90's something has happened at the state finals that did not happen this year.   Pay special attention to the teams who played this year.  

Ohh i got it

No running clocks in a state finals game

We came close this year to having 8 games with no running clocks (thanks Baker County)

9 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Suwannee played cardinal gibbons and won 

(something that would be a huge surprise to people these days since Suwannee hasn't been at that level in almost 30 years and cardinal gibbons is one of top teams in state

But i have a feeling that's not it so maybe I'm just not getting this one

You said its something to do with matchups is it just the teams playing or is it have to do with the formation of the programs playing (public or private)

That is 3 guesses now.  You have used up your allotment for the day!  

5 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

And Trinity Christian wasn't in a finals this season

You are very close Keem!:)

In the past 20 years, BOTH STA and Trinity were absent at a state final series only once (2011).  But it has been over 20 years since

STA and _____ have both been missing at the same state final series.

5 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

Bolles?

Good job all!  Believe it or not, this past season marked the first time since 1994 that neither Bolles nor St Thomas Aquinas was playing for a state title.  In fact, since 1990, Bolles and/or STA have played for a state title every year except for 1994 and 2017.  In 1994, STA almost made it, but got stopped by Bradenton Southeast in the state semis.

Maybe this is the beginning of the end of private school domination.:rolleyes:  I can hear rocks hitting my screen.:lol:

8 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Good job all!  Believe it or not, this past season marked the first time since 1994 that neither Bolles nor St Thomas Aquinas was playing for a state title.  In fact, since 1990, Bolles and/or STA have played for a state title every year except for 1994 and 2017.  In 1994, STA almost made it, but got stopped by Bradenton Southeast in the state semis.

Maybe this is the beginning of the end of private school domination.:rolleyes:  I can hear rocks hitting my screen.:lol:

Well Bolles don't look to be heading back to states (at least while in 5a) anytime soon

Plus Trinity Christian is a much better team at this point then Bolles is

And sta had to have the run end eventually 

Privates are going to be around but maybe we will have different privates now lol