Vero Beach schedule is weak

Floridatech

43 minutes ago, Bamarod said:

Viera has to have a dynamic QB to make the offense go and they have been lucky to have had back to back above average at the position. Your analysis is what i was expecting from Viera. Soph. QB Norton has improved as a passer from the spring game but can't carry a team like the QBs of the past. They might have a slight upgrade in Oline but negated by slipping at WR and QB. Atkins #16 was their best weapon last year and he is back, but was held in check. defense might be better overall from last year. real athletes on line and at LB. Was wondering if anyone was picked on in secondary in this game. Some very good talent back there with some weak spots. Hopefully coaches will put the right guys on the field to cut down on mistakes in coverage. 

I think Viera might be here to stay him thought they were going to fall off but I'm thinking that they can be similar to a Dwyer/Venice type team in 7a

They have a solid youth league to pull from, and being the largest school in Brevard gives them a large talent pool. They lost Kevin Mayes  who brought stability to coaching position and when he left, rest of staff remained. New Head Coach is old DC so they are keeping all the formations the same, problem is so few elite QBs to run the offense they want to run.Everyone I talked to thought Viera would get all the yearly transfers that Cocoa was getting, didn't happen. They got 1-2. If new HC can keep it going we should see some transfers next season. Cocoa is dealing with the same situation, HC needs to prove he can run the program that Coach Wilkenson built.

49 minutes ago, Bamarod said:

They have a solid youth league to pull from, and being the largest school in Brevard gives them a large talent pool. They lost Kevin Mayes  who brought stability to coaching position and when he left, rest of staff remained. New Head Coach is old DC so they are keeping all the formations the same, problem is so few elite QBs to run the offense they want to run.Everyone I talked to thought Viera would get all the yearly transfers that Cocoa was getting, didn't happen. They got 1-2. If new HC can keep it going we should see some transfers next season. Cocoa is dealing with the same situation, HC needs to prove he can run the program that Coach Wilkenson built.

I think the coach at cocoa now will do a very good job

14 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I think the coach at cocoa now will do a very good job

Was able to watch the  Cocoa game streaming last night and he has his hands full with the changes he's making. Has two top RBs as Cocoa always seems to have(not Gaines but the other RB scored 5 TDs), and spent a lot of time on passing game that struggled. If he relies on running game he should do well, but defense did not look like a Cocoa defense last night. Gave up a ton of yards and points for them.  I don't know much about the coach but he has big shoes to fill.

On 8/17/2018 at 11:49 PM, Bamarod said:

Any Vero Beach fans make it to game? Hawks fan here, missed it, thoughts on how teams looked. Obviously , a close game. I will get my first look at Viera next week at Rockledge. Should be a battle.

Vero shows all their games on YouTube if you want to see it:

Thanks Drogo for posting game stream.  Game was UGLY for both teams. Lots to clean up, too many flags on both offenses. Special teams were really bad, players not knowing if they are supposed to be on field(Vero about 5 times).  Viera  offense looks like you would expect it to when a sophomore is running the offense at QB. Reminds me way too much of Bama last year with Jalen Hurts at QB. Viera QB is looking for a space to run instead of an open receiver downfield.   

On 8/18/2018 at 12:48 AM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Well we beat IMG but none of my business 

Guess that removes all the talk about Lincoln huh :D

Remember everyone only remember the last performance 

Beating IMG is Columbia championship he gonna talk about that preseason win forever 

Just now, Floridatech said:

Hopefully we beat Venice and Pahokee this year and after that I wanna see if we can play Columbia and Glades Central cuz Columbia gettin annoying about that game

Lol

I'm just getting you back for running that Lincoln and viera game into the ground

Yeah viera won

We also have a win over Palm Bay back in 97 that put us in a championship game 

And Lincoln it was their first win in 5 tries at home since 13

They was bound to get one eventually but I don't expect them to be able to get by us again

5 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Lol

I'm just getting you back for running that Lincoln and viera game into the ground

Yeah viera won

We also have a win over Palm Bay back in 97 that put us in a championship game 

And Lincoln it was their first win in 5 tries at home since 13

They was bound to get one eventually but I don't expect them to be able to get by us again

We have wins over all those programs you named now it's time to get a win over Columbia again and finally play Glades Central 

4 minutes ago, Floridatech said:

We have wins over all those programs you named now it's time to get a win over Columbia again and finally play Glades Central 

Columbia is going to want a home and home 

They rarely take 1 year contracts because they want to keep it 5/5 so they guarantee at least 5 home games a year so they can make enough to pay the athletic department expenses for the year 

6 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Columbia is going to want a home and home 

They rarely take 1 year contracts because they want to keep it 5/5 so they guarantee at least 5 home games a year so they can make enough to pay the athletic department expenses for the year 

Y'all gotta win over IMG and if y'all make a deep run this year which I believe y'all can then y'all be a good collection in the win column