Post week 1 columbia high fan FL top 50

DisabledAccount

10 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Trying to understand the logic.  Columbia was #24 and jumped to #11 with win over Gainesville, or am I mistaken?  

I adjusted them before Gainesville game because i saw some stuff that made me feel they weren't ranked high enough in my original poll

I had them at 14 before Gainesville game so they went to 11 from 14

18 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I adjusted them before Gainesville game because i saw some stuff that made me feel they weren't ranked high enough in my original poll

I had them at 14 before Gainesville game so they went to 11 from 14

after they beat Suwanee they will be top 10.  If Buchholz can beat Vanguard this weekend he will have them vs Columbia both in the top 10 for a week 3 show down.  

22 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Did you not see the post i made after koc weekend that i moved a few teams around 

Mostly in the regional rankings but those regional rankings moved a few teams in the state rankings 

Over the past month, you have posted "picks," "Top 50," and not too long ago you posted something titled "Tier 1 rankings."  And then there are others who are are posting various rankings of different sorts as well. I find it very confusing.

I think it would be nice to use Josh's official rankings as the main source of discussion, ie "I think X should be ranked higher than Y."  If everyone on the board is posting their own polls and making weekly updates, it will be overwhelming.  just my opinion

1 hour ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Over the past month, you have posted "picks," "Top 50," and not too long ago you posted something titled "Tier 1 rankings."  And then there are others who are are posting various rankings of different sorts as well. I find it very confusing.

I think it would be nice to use Josh's official rankings as the main source of discussion, ie "I think X should be ranked higher than Y."  If everyone on the board is posting their own polls and making weekly updates, it will be overwhelming.  just my opinion

But then we would have to get off the message board and do some work or something 

Apparently i have a Columbia bias in my polls even though every single poll i used towards the composition poll including the official poll of the site had Columbia HIGHER than i had them in my own poll

Btw name me one non computer poll who ranks teams in FL past 25?

That's what separates me from everyone else,  i didn't stop at 25

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Apparently i have a Columbia bias in my polls even though every single poll i used towards the composition poll including the official poll of the site had Columbia HIGHER than i had them in my own poll

Btw name me one non computer poll who ranks teams in FL past 25?

That's what separates me from everyone else,  i didn't stop at 25

Why do you feel such a need to defend yourself in this manner?  Can you not simply receive feedback graciously without turning it into a debate to defend your position?  Those are rhetoric questions.  There is nothing to be gained.  Some think you are biased, and arguing your position in this manner  is likely not going to change their mind.  

If I hyped a team publicly and was compelled to publish rankings, I would go out of my way to rank "my team" as low as possible.  You have chosen a different route.  That's your prerogative, but you have to face the consequences...criticism.

You have too many North FL teams high in your rankings. 

Bolles, Madison County, Godby, Spruce Creek, Buchholz, Mainland, Crestview, Deland, Raines, Lee, Flagler, Trinity, St Aug, and Columbia. I don’t think 14 of the 50 best programs are north of Orlando metro (15 if you include Ocala Vanguard). 

We have maybe 7 of the 50 best, I’d take out Bolles, Madison County, Spruce Creek, Buchholz, Mainland, Flagler, and Raines. I think Bolles, Madison Co, Spruce Creek, and Raines are just outside that top 50. Mainland looks to be an average at best team this year. Buchholz hasn’t proven a dang thing yet. Flagler at 24? What have they done to deserve that ranking? 

Godby looks good where they are and should battle Trinity for whose in the final 4. Crestview looks to be solid this year. St Aug graduated dang near their entire team and at 17? That’s way too high for me, I see them as a 30-40 team. Deland looks good with those transfers and some stability. Lee is tough as always. Columbia and Trinity look about right. That will be a great game this year. 

8A Region 1 looks to be stronger than in recent past.

Mandarin, Sandalwood, Flagler, Deland, and Spruce Creek is shaping up to be a dog fight in D1. Mandarin’s new QB isn’t quite as good as the offers but he’s still one of the best in the state. Truly don’t know who will win this. 

Sanford Seminole should run away with D2. They look good this year. 

Boone vs Winter Park will decide D3. 

Poor Evans. That’s an absolutely miserable district for them with West Orange, Wekiva, and Apopka. Excited to see Wekiva vs Apopka. I’ll get a look at Apopka tomorrow night against Bartram. 

Barring anything crazy happening, we will see Wekiva vs Apopka twice. That’ll be two great games with two state champ caliber teams. 

5 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Why do you feel such a need to defend yourself in this manner?  Can you not simply receive feedback graciously without turning it into a debate to defend your position?  Those are rhetoric questions.  There is nothing to be gained.  Some think you are biased, and arguing your position in this manner  is likely not going to change their mind.  

If I hyped a team publicly and was compelled to publish rankings, I would go out of my way to rank "my team" as low as possible.  You have chosen a different route.  That's your prerogative, but you have to face the consequences...criticism.

That's the point 

Of all the people on here doing polls i had them ranked the lowest in the poll so i just want to understand how I'm biased when i ranked Columbia lower than everyone else on the board?

4 hours ago, Jags904 said:

8A Region 1 looks to be stronger than in recent past.

Mandarin, Sandalwood, Flagler, Deland, and Spruce Creek is shaping up to be a dog fight in D1. Mandarin’s new QB isn’t quite as good as the offers but he’s still one of the best in the state. Truly don’t know who will win this. 

Sanford Seminole should run away with D2. They look good this year. 

Boone vs Winter Park will decide D3. 

Poor Evans. That’s an absolutely miserable district for them with West Orange, Wekiva, and Apopka. Excited to see Wekiva vs Apopka. I’ll get a look at Apopka tomorrow night against Bartram. 

Barring anything crazy happening, we will see Wekiva vs Apopka twice. That’ll be two great games with two state champ caliber teams. 

8a d1 might be most underrated district in the state 

I wouldn't be surprised with anyone Winning that district

In some regions that district could probably get 4 teams

Btw why does Sandalwood always seem to struggle despite being talented 

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

8a d1 might be most underrated district in the state 

I wouldn't be surprised with anyone Winning that district

In some regions that district could probably get 4 teams

Btw why does Sandalwood always seem to struggle despite being talented 

I’m sure you can figure that one out haha 

4 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

That's the point 

Of all the people on here doing polls i had them ranked the lowest in the poll so i just want to understand how I'm biased when i ranked Columbia lower than everyone else on the board?

Are you biased?  Don't know.  Is it reasonable for someone to suspect you are biased based on your behavior?  Yes.

Anyone who publicly states they enjoy seeing certain teams humiliated, kidding or not kidding, has a suspect bias.  I've suggested to you before, choose your image, an unbiased pollster or a rabid fan.  Let's move on, please.  If it makes you feel better, you won the debate and you are not biased. 

23 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Are you biased?  Don't know.  Is it reasonable for someone to suspect you are biased based on your behavior?  Yes.

Anyone who publicly states they enjoy seeing certain teams humiliated, kidding or not kidding, has a suspect bias.  I've suggested to you before, choose your image, an unbiased pollster or a rabid fan.  Let's move on, please.  If it makes you feel better, you won the debate and you are not biased. 

Couldn't agree more 

There should be some important games over next few weeks that will make rankings so much easier and allow some teams to start to separate themselves from the pack