Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Joshua Wilson

      Rules of the Forums   09/02/2017

      Please be sure to read the rules of the forums. This is only to help all of us have a good time and we want to keep this board as fun as possible. 
    • SportsNut25

      Talking Other Sports   11/08/2017

      For those interested in talking about other sports, you can talk about them here. 
Proseteye

Middletown @ IMG

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, badbird said:

great story but she is 14 for 18 on extra points.  That's not real good.  

Yes, but 52-60 from the prior year is not bad at all (Just under 90%). Outside of Brett Wilson 2011/12 and Blackmon from the 2001 team, I can't think of another Apopka kicker that topped that. A couple may have been about that, but I don't think any were better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Middletown scores a lot as they average 41 ppg. Means a lot of xtra points and probably very few field goal attempts although she will probably get a couple of chances against IMG. Wonder how many touchbacks she has gotten? I checked the team's roster and they don't show her listed. They also don't show a Kicker listed. She has a HUDL account but nothing in it.

From watching videos of this team I don't really think they are on the same level as IMG. Which begs the question, will the IMG defense try to go all out to block kicks? :unsure:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Proseteye said:

Middletown scores a lot as they average 41 ppg. Means a lot of xtra points and probably very few field goal attempts although she will probably get a couple of chances against IMG. Wonder how many touchbacks she has gotten? I checked the team's roster and they don't show her listed. They also don't show a Kicker listed. She has a HUDL account but nothing in it.

From watching videos of this team I don't really think they are on the same level as IMG. Which begs the question, will the IMG defense try to go all out to block kicks? :unsure:

 

If they average 41 she is not kicking all the extra points.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will there be any streaming of this game? Would like to see how the IMG players take to the female kicker. Do they go easy so as not to injure her? I myself am not for girls playing boy's football. Too many factors involved and all of them negative. I coached an under 18 boys traveling soccer team. We had one girl on the team who was a Striker (Center Forward) and she was one of my best players. However, when we played other teams the opposing players would go easy on her which many times cost them. She was already on the team when I took over so could not very well let her go. Protection of the female is part of a male's DNA and it cannot be denied or changed very easily. That is why male boxers don't fight female boxers. Most male boxers would not be able to hurt a female boxer no matter what.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

Will there be any streaming of this game? Would like to see how the IMG players take to the female kicker. Do they go easy so as not to injure her? I myself am not for girls playing boy's football. Too many factors involved and all of them negative. I coached an under 18 boys traveling soccer team. We had one girl on the team who was a Striker (Center Forward) and she was one of my best players. However, when we played other teams the opposing players would go easy on her which many times cost them. She was already on the team when I took over so could not very well let her go. Protection of the female is part of a male's DNA and it cannot be denied or changed very easily. That is why male boxers don't fight female boxers. Most male boxers would not be able to hurt a female boxer no matter what.

IMG streams all home games on fb so most likely it will be

 

I will say this,  I have no problem with a girl playing football as long as they can handle it physically and understand the risks they are taking 

 

What I don't like is when I see some situations where it seems they are only playing a girl for media attention. Play the girl if she is good enough to play,  not just because she's a girl 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep. 52-7 and a running clock. And, Middletown is not a bad team at all. They have a pretty good D-1 QB. But, for any team not called Mater Dei, it's a long hard road against the Bradenton All Stars. Don't see IMG losing to anyone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

Yep. 52-7 and a running clock. And, Middletown is not a bad team at all. They have a pretty good D-1 QB. But, for any team not called Mater Dei, it's a long hard road against the Bradenton All Stars. Don't see IMG losing to anyone else.

They good Delaware team but i can think of several in FL who would beat them

 

Miami Carol City and Miami Central for starters,  both of whom have impressed me much more than IMG has this year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

They good Delaware team but i can think of several in FL who would beat them

 

Miami Carol City and Miami Central for starters,  both of whom have impressed me much more than IMG has this year 

When u say impressed u much more I have a tad problem with that as u Kno I respect wne agree with alot what u post on here u are very knowledgeable for your age.

While Miami central and Carol city are extremely elite and one of them will represent 6a as champs neither has had img schedule img constantly and year and year out schedule the best of the best ranking wise winning 99 if not 100 percent of those games on the road at that sure img recruits all over the nation sure they have the best of the best equipment and resources but as many has said u still have to play the game these are still kids who bleed the same blood at the end of the day if Carol city and mc or even sta had to do what img do yearly I doubt they would finish with a winning record 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

When u say impressed u much more I have a tad problem with that as u Kno I respect wne agree with alot what u post on here u are very knowledgeable for your age.

While Miami central and Carol city are extremely elite and one of them will represent 6a as champs neither has had img schedule img constantly and year and year out schedule the best of the best ranking wise winning 99 if not 100 percent of those games on the road at that sure img recruits all over the nation sure they have the best of the best equipment and resources but as many has said u still have to play the game these are still kids who bleed the same blood at the end of the day if Carol city and mc or even sta had to do what img do yearly I doubt they would finish with a winning record 

Miami Central has 2 teams in their district who played IMG (Norland and MNW)

They also have St John's on schedule (IMG did as well but hurricane spoiled it and couldn't reschedule)

 

Miami Central also had St Thomas Aquinas and still has Carol City 

 

That may not be exact IMG schedule but it's pretty dang close

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Miami Central has 2 teams in their district who played IMG (Norland and MNW)

They also have St John's on schedule (IMG did as well but hurricane spoiled it and couldn't reschedule)

 

Miami Central also had St Thomas Aquinas and still has Carol City 

 

That may not be exact IMG schedule but it's pretty dang close

I think what Dillard is referring to is the out of state teams that IMG plays on a consistent basis and for the most part on their fields is something that teams like STA, MC, MNW, and CC could not maintain. IMG plays a national power almost every Friday or Saturday. None of the 4 teams mentioned could win much more than 3 or 4 games, if even that, playing IMG's schedule. Those teams haven't a clue what it is like to fly 3,000 miles and then play a national power and win. And then to do it again in a week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

I think what Dillard is referring to is the out of state teams that IMG plays on a consistent basis and for the most part on their fields is something that teams like STA, MC, MNW, and CC could not maintain. IMG plays a national power almost every Friday or Saturday. None of the 4 teams mentioned could win much more than 3 or 4 games, if even that, playing IMG's schedule. Those teams haven't a clue what it is like to fly 3,000 miles and then play a national power and win. And then to do it again in a week.

You don't think they could adjust to it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

You don't think they could adjust to it? 

Sure they could. But, it would take them quite some time to do so and one wonders whether any of those teams are really good enough to take on national powers on a regular basis. May be a one shot deal against a top 10 team. But, not on a regular basis. Not even STA. Just my opinion though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

Sure they could. But, it would take them quite some time to do so and one wonders whether any of those teams are really good enough to take on national powers on a regular basis. May be a one shot deal against a top 10 team. But, not on a regular basis. Not even STA. Just my opinion though.

Tbh after looking at img schedule this year it looks pretty weak considering their normal standards

 

The only teams that i would classify this year as elite are Hoover and Mater Dei 

 

MNW, Norland and pine Richland are usually decent

 

 

After that the rest of schedule looks very underwhelming 

 

I have no problem saying Central schedule this year top to bottom looks better 

 

 

(i believe Calvary Christian is playing IMG B team but is listed on schedule as a mistake) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Proseteye said:

Yep. 52-7 and a running clock. And, Middletown is not a bad team at all. They have a pretty good D-1 QB. But, for any team not called Mater Dei, it's a long hard road against the Bradenton All Stars. Don't see IMG losing to anyone else.

I thought the officiating in the Mater Dei game was poor and a little homerism. But that was probably expected going out west.

Lakeland escaped with a W at De La Salle a few years ago but the calls got really bad after the Naughts went up 14-0 with a chance to add another score.

That being said I would put my $$$ on IMG against team in America. The same as last year and the year before.

Right now they are without doubt the top program in the country.

https://twitter.com/CountyPolk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LakelandGator said:

I thought the officiating in the Mater Dei game was poor and a little homerism. But that was probably expected going out west.

Lakeland escaped with a W at De La Salle a few years ago but the calls got really bad after the Naughts went up 14-0 with a chance to add another score.

That being said I would put my $$$ on IMG against team in America. The same as last year and the year before.

Right now they are without doubt the top program in the country.

2016 is better than 2017 and both were better than this team based on what I've seen of all 3 of them 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't see much of the girl kicker. Guess she only kicks xtra points. Don't think I saw her doing kickoffs and punts. Like I thought, Middletown was not going to take a chance getting her injured against a far superior team where there was little chance for them to win. I do think that they were a very solid team with skills and good coaching. They made very few mistakes. Their QB Drew Fry could play for any elite HS team. And, I also think that the Cavaliers could hang with any other team in Florida in spite of losing big to IMG. That Manatee field seems like one horrible field to play on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Proseteye said:

Didn't see much of the girl kicker. Guess she only kicks xtra points. Don't think I saw her doing kickoffs and punts. Like I thought, Middletown was not going to take a chance getting her injured against a far superior team where there was little chance for them to win. I do think that they were a very solid team with skills and good coaching. They made very few mistakes. Their QB Drew Fry could play for any elite HS team. And, I also think that the Cavaliers could hang with any other team in Florida in spite of losing big to IMG. That Manatee field seems like one horrible field to play on.

If IMG blasted them like that i wouldn't rule out Carol City or Miami Central being able to do the same

 

Ik people like to pretend preseason doesn't have the real players out there but i watched IMG and was not impressed 

 

You can chalk up the coaches lack of gameplan in a preseason game but you can't tell me the players aren't trying or that the players go in 1 week from looking completely out of shape to suddenly being in elite form

 

This IMG team is not at the level of past ones and neither is their schedule, the only elite team they have faced so far beat them and that same team just got blasted by another Cali team shortly afterward 

 

I can think of any number of nationally elite teams who could beat IMG this year, I predicted as soon as the Mater Dei vs IMG game was announced that mater Dei would win,  that was back in what?  April? May? 

 

IMG best team was 2016, last 2 years aren't at that level, especially this year 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

If IMG blasted them like that i wouldn't rule out Carol City or Miami Central being able to do the same

 

Ik people like to pretend preseason doesn't have the real players out there but i watched IMG and was not impressed 

 

You can chalk up the coaches lack of gameplan in a preseason game but you can't tell me the players aren't trying or that the players go in 1 week from looking completely out of shape to suddenly being in elite form

 

This IMG team is not at the level of past ones and neither is their schedule, the only elite team they have faced so far beat them and that same team just got blasted by another Cali team shortly afterward 

 

I can think of any number of nationally elite teams who could beat IMG this year, I predicted as soon as the Mater Dei vs IMG game was announced that mater Dei would win,  that was back in what?  April? May? 

 

IMG best team was 2016, last 2 years aren't at that level, especially this year 

 

 

I do agree that 2016 was their best year ever. They can only play the teams that are put in front of them (and many elite teams won't play IMG). So far they have defeated, pretty handedly, all of these teams. only 4 points separates them from an undefeated season and national champion. I believe they are still #2 or #3 in the nation. No team, including in some respects Mater Dei  looks good against IMG. A couple of IMG mistakes gave that game to Mater Dei. I don't know how anyone can look at one very close defeat to the top team in the nation in 4 years of playing the elite teams in the nation and say that this team is not as good was we think. Columbiafan I think we may have somewhat of a bias against IMG do we not? You, of course have your opinion for whatever reason and your right to a bias, however you cannot deny that this team is the top if not one of the top high school football teams on the planet and does not have to make any excuses to anyone.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Proseteye said:

I do agree that 2016 was their best year ever. They can only play the teams that are put in front of them (and many elite teams won't play IMG). So far they have defeated, pretty handedly, all of these teams. only 4 points separates them from an undefeated season and national champion. I believe they are still #2 or #3 in the nation. No team, including in some respects Mater Dei  looks good against IMG. A couple of IMG mistakes gave that game to Mater Dei. I don't know how anyone can look at one very close defeat to the top team in the nation in 4 years of playing the elite teams in the nation and say that this team is not as good was we think. Columbiafan I think we may have somewhat of a bias against IMG do we not? You, of course have your opinion for whatever reason and your right to a bias, however you cannot deny that this team is the top if not one of the top high school football teams on the planet and does not have to make any excuses to anyone.

 

I didn't say they weren't among the best but i do call to question when it is implied that no one in Florida could compete with them 

 

In my national rankings i did last week i had both Miami Central and Carol City as top 10 nationally as well as IMG 

 

If i included IMG in my FL poll i would have those 3 as top 3 and STA right there with them as the top FL tier

 

Any of those 3 FL teams could compete or beat IMG this year, IMG is a talented team but they are far from being unbeatable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I didn't say they weren't among the best but i do call to question when it is implied that no one in Florida could compete with them 

 

In my national rankings i did last week i had both Miami Central and Carol City as top 10 nationally as well as IMG 

 

If i included IMG in my FL poll i would have those 3 as top 3 and STA right there with them as the top FL tier

 

Any of those 3 FL teams could compete or beat IMG this year, IMG is a talented team but they are far from being unbeatable

In order to get to the top 3  or even the top 10 you have to have played and defeated elite teams and pretty much gone undefeated. Where have CC, MC, and STA beaten elite teams? Have any of these teams played elite type teams week in an week out? Have any of them gone on the road OOS to defeat any team? Sorry, have to disagree with your assessment. I don't think that any Florida team this season, with the exception of IMG, can be considered a top team. Every time that IMG has played MC they have defeated them pretty handily. STA won't play IMG. Don't know about CC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×