Winless team makes playoffs

Hwy17

46 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

It could not happen here. Thank God for that! Our system is flawed but not that bad.

Or could it?  Our system awards 3 bonus points for scheduling a playoff team and 35 points for a category one loss.  So it is possible to get 38 points from a category one loss as has been pointed out before.  In the lower divisions they do not play in districts. So a lower division school could, in theory anyway, schedule 10 elite power houses, all category one with bonus points, finish 0-10 and have 38 points.  Right now, 38 points would be enough to make the playoffs in the lower divisions.  

50 minutes ago, Hwy17 said:

Or could it?  Our system awards 3 bonus points for scheduling a playoff team and 35 points for a category one loss.  So it is possible to get 38 points from a category one loss as has been pointed out before.  In the lower divisions they do not play in districts. So a lower division school could, in theory anyway, schedule 10 elite power houses, all category one with bonus points, finish 0-10 and have 38 points.  Right now, 38 points would be enough to make the playoffs in the lower divisions.  

You got me. It is still not likely, but I guess not impossible. 

31 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

You got me. It is still not likely, but I guess not impossible. 

For years Lake Placid has been at the bottom of teams in Florida.  Last year they made the playoffs for only the third time in school history.  As a whole, Lake Placid has come along way and are pretty competitive now.  The Green Dragons are currently 5-4 and lost a couple of close games to Fort Meade and Desoto. Nonetheless, they don't have enough points right now to get in the playoffs.  Maybe instead of playing winnable games against schools their size they should play schools like Hardee, Braden River and Lakeland. They would have more points to show for it.