Jump to content

  • Announcements

    • Joshua Wilson

      Rules of the Forums   09/02/2017

      Please be sure to read the rules of the forums. This is only to help all of us have a good time and we want to keep this board as fun as possible. 
THIS_IS_DILLARD

FINAL DILLARD 47 HILLSBOROUGH 44 Dillard is back in the title game AGAIN!!

Recommended Posts

Very aggressive game both teams want it dillard has to be more aggressive in the paint and make their free throws when they get to the line!!! 

The attendence at this game is putrid but that will be a separate thread about that there. 

Letsss goooo dillard !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CONGRATS PANTHERS!!! after slipping up in districts we went the entire playoffs on the road ..we defeated a very good okachobee team we then defeated a big rival in Boyd Anderson who beat us just a week prior for the district title. Then we go on the road in a hostile environment against a team who was 30-0 and had won 51 consecutive games. Then in this state final 4 we go against a very stout terrier team who was 28-2 on the year one of those games was a forfeit because of county testing rules. And we came out on top again. Now we have a chance to win our third title in 4 years!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Terriers came in on a 21 game winning streak so in Dillard’s last two games y’all @ColumbiaHighFan2017class @badbird @OldSchoolLion @954gator @gatormike20 Our opponents were a combined 59-2 on the year technically 59-1 because hillsborough had to forfeit their kruel classic game against Westminster because of testing per county rules. 

The overall comebined consecutive wins both teams came in on was a astonishing 72 consecutive games without a lost from both teams comebined just simply unreal. And the dillard panthers off 27th and 11th got it done. I couldn’t be more proud to be a panther man what this years boys team is doing as young as they are and with no clear cut big name player or transfer is just amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, badbird said:

I would expect Dillard to win but you still have to play well

Got that right nothing is a given but to be going for our third title in 4 years this time with a all new line up with no big name starter and the teams we had to go through to get to this point Is just wow!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crestview schedule wasn't all that great but somehow they beat the runner ups from last year (choctaw) twice, who did play a tough ish schedule. I hope crestview pulls it out, the panhandle could sure use a basketball champion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, uncleluke23 said:

Crestview schedule wasn't all that great but somehow they beat the runner ups from last year (choctaw) twice, who did play a tough ish schedule. I hope crestview pulls it out, the panhandle could sure use a basketball champion.

Dang bro so your going against me lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Yeah I looked them up but their schedule out of all due respect doesn’t stand out to me.

Their schedule is solid for their area

 

Can't expect a team in panhandle to play half their schedule against South FL

 

Frankly if South FL teams can't get a good schedule it's because they didn't try Because they can easily find teams within a hour or 2 that are nationally ranked

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

We haven’t won any recently either lol last time we won was 2015 & 2016 we in 2019 lol

Crestview hasn't even been to final four since mid 80s

 

By comparison you all basically won a title a few days ago compared to last chance Crestview got

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Their schedule is solid for their area

 

Can't expect a team in panhandle to play half their schedule against South FL

 

Frankly if South FL teams can't get a good schedule it's because they didn't try Because they can easily find teams within a hour or 2 that are nationally ranked

They can also travel look at Dillard we went to Vegas and I believe Carolina to play in tournaments our girls even go to Arizona to play in their tournament every year against the nations best teams. Other teams can do the same they don’t have to stay just in their city. 

You have even teams coming from across the country to play in south Florida kruel classic and city of psalm tournament 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

They can also travel look at Dillard we went to Vegas and I believe Carolina to play in tournaments our girls even go to Arizona to play in their tournament every year against the nations best teams. Other teams can do the same they don’t have to stay just in their city. 

You have even teams coming from across the country to play in south Florida kruel classic and city of psalm tournament 

Dillard is a recognized powerhouse that other schools would likely pay to have them be involved in those big national tournaments

 

Nobody was beating down the door to get Crestview on the schedule

 

You should know that powerhouses programs can normally name their schedule because playing those big names will give the programs exposure since college coaches look at programs like a Dillard as great feeding grounds since they normally are a loaded team in terms of talent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Dillard is a recognized powerhouse that other schools would likely pay to have them be involved in those big national tournaments

 

Nobody was beating down the door to get Crestview on the schedule

 

You should know that powerhouses programs can normally name their schedule because playing those big names will give the programs exposure since college coaches look at programs like a Dillard as great feeding grounds since they normally are a loaded team in terms of talent

Lol well you got a point on that. So is Crestview who ended you Guys season last week ? If so how did they look ? How do their fans travel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Lol well you got a point on that. So is Crestview who ended you Guys season last week ? If so how did they look ? How do their fans travel.

Yeah they did and while I didn't go to the game I saw enough on Twitter to feel that night they would play Dillard in the finals 

 

I felt region 3 wasn't very strong and that Lehigh would get exposed as being a byproduct of a weak region

 

Crestview did bring a Good crowd though as did Columbia, saw pictures of both sides of gym packed for the game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Yeah they did and while I didn't go to the game I saw enough on Twitter to feel that night they would play Dillard in the finals 

 

I felt region 3 wasn't very strong and that Lehigh would get exposed as being a byproduct of a weak region

 

Crestview did bring a Good crowd though as did Columbia, saw pictures of both sides of gym packed for the game

was the gym a actual good size ? Lol and ok ok do Crestview have good size do go up against our 4 players that’s over 6’6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



  • Posts

    • I think the Armwood, Tech, Wiregrass district is pretty brutal as well.    Currently Laz has: Tampa Bay Tech #4 in the state  #1 in region Armwood #5 in the state  #2 in region Wiregrass Ranch #71 in the state #5 in region   Not sure any of them can beat Lakeland but it is going to be an exciting playoffs 
    • I was happy to see Eddie hit the game winner, but that roughing the passer call that gave the Bears 15 yards on their final drive??? Ugghh!   Horrible call in my opinion. 
    • The video is a couple of years old at this point, but my buddies and I have watched it as instinctive of what a coach should generally do on 4th down. It is also the reason why I loved watching Georgia Tech and Paul Johnson's triple option because of how aggressive he was in trying for it on 4th down (except last year). 
       
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbgqKHxzTfU

      A good example of a lack of aggressiveness in hurting the team was the PItt-Penn State game. Pitt on the 1 yard line decides to kick the FG rather than try a 4th attempt from the 1 yard line. The kicker misses the kick and Pitt never really recovers. Pitt was down 7 at the time with 5 minutes left. 

      Interestingly, Denver went for 2 when they were down 1 at home with 30 seconds left and got it and Chicago drove 40 yards in 31 seconds to allow former Gator Eddie Pineiro to hit the game winning 53 yard field goal. 
    • Sorry Jimmyb, Merritt Island will be will be Vero's 56th regular season win in a row !
    • Many schools, including a couple of elite SEC programs, have claimed "fake" titles over the years, Bama being one of them. I'm a long time Gator fan, but I'm not delusional enough to believe the Gators could beat the UCF team of the past three years.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

  • Popular Contributors

×