Madison County, National Powerhouse?

Jesse

3 minutes ago, Jambun82 said:

What about FIU? I know that there were some state title games held there previously in around 2004-2005.  

This is off topic sorry but. I think its possible madison county could become a national powerhouse over the next few years. They have upgraded their training facilities. And they have plenty of size on both lines.  And  loaded on skill.

39 minutes ago, Jesse said:

This is off topic sorry but. I think its possible madison county could become a national powerhouse over the next few years. They have upgraded their training facilities. And they have plenty of size on both lines.  And  loaded on skill.

Nope

You want to talk about being a national powerhouse, start by actually beating national powers In Florida first, when you play in a JV league and aren't scheduling powerhouses you can't expect to be considered one

When the closest thing to a powerhouse you all have played during the current state championship run is Columbia and you are 1-2 against them in the stretch you should temper your expectations back to planet Earth

32 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Nope

You want to talk about being a national powerhouse, start by actually beating national powers In Florida first, when you play in a JV league and aren't scheduling powerhouses you can't expect to be considered one

When the closest thing to a powerhouse you all have played during the current state championship run is Columbia and you are 1-2 against them in the stretch you should temper your expectations back to planet Earth

I'm gonna ask them to schedule miami schools, you gotta give madison  credit for being as good as they are. With not alot of money to have what bigger schools have. And they can beat those schools. 

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

I'm gonna ask them to schedule miami schools, you gotta give madison  credit for being as good as they are. With not alot of money to have what bigger schools have. And they can beat those schools. 

Here's the thing you have to keep in mind

Madison does deserve credit for being as good as they are and they can every now and then knock off a "true" top FL 25 team

However most national powers can compete with and defeat a top 25 FL team, every week of the season

Madison is capable of beating top 25 teams from time to time but at no point would I believe they could run a full schedule of top 25 teams and hang for the majority of that schedule

Madison lacks the overall depth to rise to the level of a national powerhouse, only a few programs in Florida can be seen as believable national powerhouses on a consistent basis 

Columbia in most years are probably ranked between 20-40 in the state of Florida, if Madison had to play a team of that level once during season I would think they will have a average to above average chance of competing and/or beating them when healthy

But I don't think Madison could handle facing that level of schedule for the majority of their season without being wore down 

That's what separates them from being mentioned alongside the powerhouses in the larger classifications

9 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Columbia in most years are probably ranked between 20-40 in the state of Florida, if Madison had to play a team of that level once during season I would think they will have a average to above average chance of competing and/or beating them when healthy

But I don't think Madison could handle facing that level of schedule for the majority of their season without being wore down 

That's what separates them from being mentioned alongside the powerhouses in the larger classifications

Maybe they can get more depth. They did smack Columbia jv last year. 

46 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Maybe they can get more depth. They did smack Columbia jv last year. 

We also wouldn't know how much depth Madison is behind the 8 ball until they start facing those teams

I say the same thing about Madison that I say about these teams up in Jacksonville who seem to "think they are elite" because they beat teams like Raines or Columbia in regular season or playoffs

Go play someone like STA or Miami Central and you will see right off the gate that there is nobody in North Florida who can compare, Madison is a well coached team (like Columbia)

However in terms of talent those 2 teams dance circles around everyone in North Florida, Madison would get overwhelmed by those type of teams 

That's why I laugh when I see fans for Lee claiming their team is elite because in reality if they ever faced a SFL team who was actually elite the game would be a blowout by the second quarter

2 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Heck that far south idk if I would even go if Columbia made it to finals for football

Hey but think about it. It would take a STA or miami, or other national teams to beat madison county badly. Those schools recruit and get transfers. Madison the best real highschool team ever. In America 

Just now, Jesse said:

Hey but think about it. It would take a STA or miami, or other national teams to beat madison county badly. Those schools recruit and get transfers. Madison the best real highschool team ever. In America 

Columbia has beaten Madison by double digits last 2 seasons 

2 years ago it was 48-24 (24 point win) I would deem that a blowout

Heck when we lost 3 years ago 42-28 everyone on here said we got destroyed by a 1a school so those same people have to say we destroyed Madison when we beat them 48-24 otherwise they are hypocrites

So no it doesn't take a national powerhouse or a recruiter to beat Madison County

2 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Columbia has beaten Madison by double digits last 2 seasons 

2 years ago it was 48-24 (24 point win) I would deem that a blowout

Heck when we lost 3 years ago 42-28 everyone on here said we got destroyed by a 1a school so those same people have to say we destroyed Madison when we beat them 48-24 otherwise they are hypocrites

So no it doesn't take a national powerhouse or a recruiter to beat Madison County

Maxpreps, has Columbia power rating at 14.5 right now, looks like they need more transfers lol, madison is 49. 55-21 madcoe wins.

2 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Yall have nobody good returning.  Madison is loaded. 

Nobody good returning? LMAO that's funny

Keep telling yourself that

Just because maxpreps is too stupid go actually chart players not in their ranking system don't mean there aren't good players and Madison will see that first hand 

Nobody good returning? LMAO that's funny

Keep telling yourself that

Just because maxpreps is too stupid go actually chart players not in their ranking system don't mean there aren't good players and Madison will see that first hand 

Robert hiers is gonna run all over Columbia again. Madison got a new quarterback, I hope they can get the Taylor County quarterback he elite. Madison jv actually got to play in 2 playoff games. And played amazing. 

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

Robert hiers is gonna run all over Columbia again. Madison got a new quarterback, I hope they can get the Taylor County quarterback he elite. Madison jv actually got to play in 2 playoff games. And played amazing. 

Oh so you need a QB from a different school now? 

What happened to all home grown talent? LMAO

Just now, Jesse said:

Its just one player, 

I doubt that's the only potential transfer at Madison, I know Madison County pick up players from Suwannee County, usually as freshman the same way Columbia does 

The reality is Madison is a small school Version of Columbia but the last 2 years proved that in a battle of 2 teams of similar talent, depth always wins 

Columbia has plenty of talent coming back and you got to come to Lake City so you won't have any big bend refs to keep the game close for you 

See you all in October

I doubt that's the only potential transfer at Madison, I know Madison County pick up players from Suwannee County, usually as freshman the same way Columbia does 

The reality is Madison is a small school Version of Columbia but the last 2 years proved that in a battle of 2 teams of similar talent, depth always wins 

Columbia has plenty of talent coming back and you got to come to Lake City so you won't have any big bend refs to keep the game close for you 

See you all in October

If madison gets the Taylor County quarterback.  Miami better watch out. He 4 star potential.  They also have a running back who is 5 star ready. College football ready. He only a freshman. His nickname is smoke, 

The 2003 Madison County team was possibly the most hyped MC team ever.  They were ranked #1 in Florida all classifications coming into the state final and got smoked by Chaminade-Madonna 27-0.  And many would argue that CM team could not have beaten the best of Dade that year.    

MC has a fine program and much to be proud of, but thinking they could beat the powerhouses of Dade and Broward...

2 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

The 2003 Madison County team was possibly the most hyped MC team ever.  They were ranked #1 in Florida all classifications coming into the state final and got smoked by Chaminade-Madonna 27-0.  And many would argue that CM team could not have beaten the best of Dade that year.    

MC has a fine program and much to be proud of, but thinking they could beat the powerhouses of Dade and Broward...

The mad dynasty will regin until the end of times in 1A football .

3 minutes ago, Jesse said:

The mad dynasty will regin until the end of times in 1A football .

I'm sure Columbia could win state every year if they could have their varsity play JV teams for the title but hey I wouldn't be bragging about that as much as Madison brags about winning in that JV league known as 1a lol

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I'm sure Columbia could win state every year if they could have their varsity play JV teams for the title but hey I wouldn't be bragging about that as much as Madison brags about winning in that JV league known as 1a lol

they would have problems with madison and Pahokee