Quantcast
Jump to content

Coaching question


Recommended Posts


  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Perspective giving Jambun a ride to his next game he has to officiate

I coach every kid in my position group hard. Some of my kids will never see many snaps at all on the varsity level but they are here to be coached and mentored. Hard to mentor a kid that thinks you on

Just A Coach, you are the type of Coach that most parents want to help their children. Also, most kids want to be coached and helped to the most of their abilities.

Posted Images

5 hours ago, HornetFan said:

Rap is bad poetry at best. It's laced with profanity, often encourages violence, and is usually unintelligible. If it has to be played loud, it's usually because the volume makes up for a lack of singing ability.

I respect your opinion.  There are some people who would say that today's hs football is terrible for our children...that it encourages violence, causes potential long-term health problems, ie concussions, promotes individualism over team (recent emphasis on "stars"), causes "undeserving" kids to get financial aid that should arguably go to excellent scholars, in some cases has caused a culture where machismo and accompanying sexual abuse is nurtured and has led to gang rapes, etc etc. 

But some of us espouse the merits of our game and say that the good it does outweighs the negatives.  Likewise, there are aspects of rap music that are very good for the kids (even the stuff with the naughty words:ph34r:) and people who do not understand that likely do not understand the history of rap and its cultural origins.

  

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

I respect your opinion.  There are some people who would say that today's hs football is terrible for our children...that it encourages violence, causes potential long-term health problems, ie concussions, promotes individualism over team (recent emphasis on "stars"), causes "undeserving" kids to get financial aid that should arguably go to excellent scholars, in some cases has caused a culture where machismo and accompanying sexual abuse is nurtured and has led to gang rapes, etc etc. 

But some of us espouse the merits of our game and say that the good it does outweighs the negatives.  Likewise, there are aspects of rap music that are very good for the kids (even the stuff with the naughty words:ph34r:) and people who do not understand that likely do not understand the history of rap and its cultural origins.

  

Likewise, there are aspects of rap music that are very good for the kids (even the stuff with the naughty words.

Enlighten me, when is it very good for kids to hear something that encourages violence, shouts out profanities, and uses disparaging racial expressions that are supposed to be off limits for most of our population?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HornetFan said:

Likewise, there are aspects of rap music that are very good for the kids (even the stuff with the naughty words.

Enlighten me, when is it very good for kids to hear something that encourages violence, shouts out profanities, and uses disparaging racial expressions that are supposed to be off limits for most of our population?  

I got through college singing rolling down the street smoking indo sipping on gin and juice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, HornetFan said:

Likewise, there are aspects of rap music that are very good for the kids (even the stuff with the naughty words.

Enlighten me, when is it very good for kids to hear something that encourages violence, shouts out profanities, and uses disparaging racial expressions that are supposed to be off limits for most of our population?  

Why is it a good idea for young kids to violently tackle each other and sometimes cause each other serious bodily injuries?  Anyone who asks that question doesn't know football.  Some things in life one has to experience firsthand, not on a football forum.  Spend some time with some hardcore rappers and learn why they do what they do and you might gain a different perspective.       

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Why is it a good idea for young kids to violently tackle each other and sometimes cause each other serious bodily injuries?  Anyone who asks that question doesn't know football.  Some things in life one has to experience firsthand, not on a football forum.  Spend some time with some hardcore rappers and learn why they do what they do and you might gain a different perspective.       

I can't imagine any reason I would want to spend time with hardcore rappers. The type of violence they spew out on our youth has nothing to do with tackling in a football game. They glorify violence in the streets and drug use: they make kids feel that being a thug is acceptable. I've seen violence during my life and I would never seek to glorify it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, badbird said:

I got through college singing rolling down the street smoking indo sipping on gin and juice.

I got through college while working full time to support my family. There was no time for the immature indulgences that today's college students experience. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



  • Posts

    • Very true. The same applies to Orlando. But if you follow the game carefully, you know. In the Orlando area, it is not always active recruiting. Some programs tend to sell themselves. 
    • Youth football, I would agree that kickoffs will be eliminated within a year or two. High School Football might take a little longer. 
    • Though I will say at least SFL is more transparent with transfers, up here in North and Central FL many counties the transfers are never reported by the media, for example a team up here like Lee probably gets similar transfers to what STA would get in a normal year but most people wouldn't know that as the media up in Jacksonville never cover transfers so it would seem from outside that they are all homegrown talent but a lot of stuff happens behind closed doors in jacksonville only for the media to look the other way 
    • No doubt there is some stacking of teams in metro Orlando. But even with that, it is not as bad as down south. There it is totally out of hand and has been even before the era of open enrollment. That is because, coaches openly recruit the kids from the pee wee leagues. There are literally no guard rails. The population density which is greater than in Orlando makes it easy even if the kid has no reliable transportation. 
    • The popularity of 7v7 has increased the contact between the players, especially on the all-star teams that have been created. Just as players in the NBA have been trying to assemble super teams, these high schoolers are working at the same goal. A team I follow is much improved this season as the result of almost 10 transfers, with almost all performing important starting roles. The transfer rule has made this possible.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

  • Popular Contributors

×
×
  • Create New...