Coaching question

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Perspective giving Jambun a ride to his next game he has to officiate

I coach every kid in my position group hard. Some of my kids will never see many snaps at all on the varsity level but they are here to be coached and mentored. Hard to mentor a kid that thinks you on

Just A Coach, you are the type of Coach that most parents want to help their children. Also, most kids want to be coached and helped to the most of their abilities.

Posted Images

5 hours ago, HornetFan said:

Rap is bad poetry at best. It's laced with profanity, often encourages violence, and is usually unintelligible. If it has to be played loud, it's usually because the volume makes up for a lack of singing ability.

I respect your opinion.  There are some people who would say that today's hs football is terrible for our children...that it encourages violence, causes potential long-term health problems, ie concussions, promotes individualism over team (recent emphasis on "stars"), causes "undeserving" kids to get financial aid that should arguably go to excellent scholars, in some cases has caused a culture where machismo and accompanying sexual abuse is nurtured and has led to gang rapes, etc etc. 

But some of us espouse the merits of our game and say that the good it does outweighs the negatives.  Likewise, there are aspects of rap music that are very good for the kids (even the stuff with the naughty words:ph34r:) and people who do not understand that likely do not understand the history of rap and its cultural origins.

14 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

I respect your opinion.  There are some people who would say that today's hs football is terrible for our children...that it encourages violence, causes potential long-term health problems, ie concussions, promotes individualism over team (recent emphasis on "stars"), causes "undeserving" kids to get financial aid that should arguably go to excellent scholars, in some cases has caused a culture where machismo and accompanying sexual abuse is nurtured and has led to gang rapes, etc etc. 

But some of us espouse the merits of our game and say that the good it does outweighs the negatives.  Likewise, there are aspects of rap music that are very good for the kids (even the stuff with the naughty words:ph34r:) and people who do not understand that likely do not understand the history of rap and its cultural origins.

Likewise, there are aspects of rap music that are very good for the kids (even the stuff with the naughty words.

Enlighten me, when is it very good for kids to hear something that encourages violence, shouts out profanities, and uses disparaging racial expressions that are supposed to be off limits for most of our population?  

1 hour ago, HornetFan said:

Likewise, there are aspects of rap music that are very good for the kids (even the stuff with the naughty words.

Enlighten me, when is it very good for kids to hear something that encourages violence, shouts out profanities, and uses disparaging racial expressions that are supposed to be off limits for most of our population?  

I got through college singing rolling down the street smoking indo sipping on gin and juice.

7 hours ago, HornetFan said:

Why is it a good idea for young kids to violently tackle each other and sometimes cause each other serious bodily injuries?  Anyone who asks that question doesn't know football.  Some things in life one has to experience firsthand, not on a football forum.  Spend some time with some hardcore rappers and learn why they do what they do and you might gain a different perspective.       

16 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Why is it a good idea for young kids to violently tackle each other and sometimes cause each other serious bodily injuries?  Anyone who asks that question doesn't know football.  Some things in life one has to experience firsthand, not on a football forum.  Spend some time with some hardcore rappers and learn why they do what they do and you might gain a different perspective.       

I can't imagine any reason I would want to spend time with hardcore rappers. The type of violence they spew out on our youth has nothing to do with tackling in a football game. They glorify violence in the streets and drug use: they make kids feel that being a thug is acceptable. I've seen violence during my life and I would never seek to glorify it.

22 hours ago, badbird said:

I got through college singing rolling down the street smoking indo sipping on gin and juice.

I got through college while working full time to support my family. There was no time for the immature indulgences that today's college students experience.