IMG 35 v Am. Heritage 15 - FINAL

ExplorerHomer2

6 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

I know about the team, coaches, and players. Know nothing about IMG's internal financial affairs. The reason that I asked. I have heard a few people on forums, including this one, state that none of the players pay full tuition at IMG. I am simply trying to ascertain if anyone knows specifics regarding tuition not being paid and how it is possible. That's all. I do know that at Trinity Catholic The 2020-2021 tuition is $11,503 for Catholics registered and participating in the parish; $13,585 is the non-Catholic rate. At TC a few students can qualify for government assistance or reduced tuition due to scholarships. However, that rarely reduces the tuition by more than 15%. TC has to pay its bills out of the tuition in order to remain viable and cannot give away free tuition. 

Do all college kids on scholarship get the same deal?  Obviously not, as pointed out by Perspective.  Personally coached a kid that played basketball for us in the early 80's.  He got a full ride at Auburn and was a 4 year starter with Charles Barkley and Co.  His name was Frank Ford, RIP.  He told me on one of his return trips home that outside the athletic training facility their were two private parking spaces; one for Coach Dye and one for Bo Jackson (he was driving a new Nissan Z car).  Remember at the time they also had the Big Hurt playing baseball, but these were the privileged two.  You tell me if some athletes are treated different than others. 

1 hour ago, Ray Icaza said:

Do all college kids on scholarship get the same deal?  Obviously not, as pointed out by Perspective.  Personally coached a kid that played basketball for us in the early 80's.  He got a full ride at Auburn and was a 4 year starter with Charles Barkley and Co.  His name was Frank Ford, RIP.  He told me on one of his return trips home that outside the athletic training facility their were two private parking spaces; one for Coach Dye and one for Bo Jackson (he was driving a new Nissan Z car).  Remember at the time they also had the Big Hurt playing baseball, but these were the privileged two.  You tell me if some athletes are treated different than others. 

High school is not college, at least not yet. Colleges recruit and have huge stadiums and sponsors to pay for it. Don't really think that college sports compares in any way to high school sports although I will agree that IMG somewhat approaches the climate of college campus. 

On 8/23/2021 at 11:08 PM, Proseteye said:

I stated what I thought would be the best solution. Beyond that I have nothing more to add.

Yes, this is a pretty accurate statement. You had nothing much from the beginning. IMG needs to address their style of play. There are fouls and penalties for a reason. 

On 8/24/2021 at 10:04 AM, Proseteye said:

IMG does not hide the fact that they are a training facility for future professional athletes in all sports not just football. They do not force any other school to play them. However, there are schools lined up to play them every season. That is the reason they are in an independent category of the FHSAA which means they are in no district where other district schools are mandated to play them. For the most part IMG plays the top teams in the country, teams that also recruit and accept unlimited transfers just as IMG does. I root for IMG when they play teams from other states. IMG is still a team that is based in Florida and I support all Florida teams that play out of state opponents. I also enjoy watching the best of best play no matter what their situation is. A few of their players may be someday playing on Sundays or at the very least playing on Saturdays. 

I dont consider IMG a Florida team.  Too many of their players are from out of state and are here on a business trip and have no ties to the state.  Compare that to a program like STA where nearly all of their players are from south FL at least, so I will pull for them when they travel out of state.  Having already ripped IMG for what they are, I can't blame any kid at all for going there.  I've been on that campus and those facilities are without compare.