LETS CONTINUE INTO BASKETBALL SEASON.!

Amen.! im down for talking about basketball since football getting ready to end and high school basketball is starting.

I don't know if its going to be down in the "OTHER'S THREAD" at the bottom or if you guys wanted to continue in this thread. but it's been on my mind to start doing regardless.

I am not really into the basketball like football.  I just know last year in Broward that Gibbons and Ely were really good.... Stoneman Douglas and MacArthur were decent teams. I will try to tune into Boys HS Basketball a bit but not daily like football.

Agreed. 

Will definitely check in as much as possible to learn more about boys basketball. 

you can follow for the convo and updates ....by febuary you will have far better insight then before. lol

Dillard, not really a basket ball fan. Kind of funny since the Orlando area has actually done better at Basket Ball than football. Probably has to do with my Jamaican heritage. After football, I usually turn to soccer. But I will look at what you guys post. Just won't participate much. 

Dillard, not really a basket ball fan. Kind of funny since the Orlando area has actually done better at Basket Ball than football. Probably has to do with my Jamaican heritage. After football, I usually turn to soccer. But I will look at what you guys post. Just won't participate much. 

if you want you can post about soccer in the offtopic, we can use this as a oppurtunity to keep the board alive during the football offseason and learn about other sports

I am guessing we need to expand into basketball and baseball now as well? Is that what I am seeing on here as a suggestion?

yeah, by doing that we can keep the board active even when its not football season, since during those serval months their isent a lot of football news to talk about so we could use that to keep it active

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• There is 1,750 kids in the school. That would be their fault if they can’t field a team of 40-50 players. I know it sucks about the mass exodus. I get it. But even though they won’t be competitive for the time being they should at least have enough varsity players returning, JV kids, and newcomers to field a team.    They should have had an assist at coach resume spring workouts, and maybe got in on a jamboree with lesser teams or held an inter squad scrimmage. But to cancel everything seems a bit erratic 
    • From 2018-2021 when Dillard was one of the top 5 teams in broward we got there because on the beginning we schedule within our actual talent on the field, we showed success that we are atleast a avg program being able to take care of business against avg and below avg teams. And with the right personnel we can become above avg and actually contend.    and with that came a undefeated regular season in 2019 with a regional final birth, a undefeated COVID season in 2020 and a Fri county championship and a 1 loss season in 2021 and a second round exit on the road to homestead.    dillard has to get back to that. But scheduling central, chaminade , sta and etc of back dropping each game by 40 is not gonna help the program.    you can say “aye atleast we scheduled them we didn’t back down” like I’ve said several times on here lol. but there’s no moral victories in football. You either won or you lost.
    • I wouldn’t say okay with it because wether they was on the schedule or not I’m bleeding blue & gray all day ready for smoke with which ever team were lining up across.    but as a former player & coach I also understand that when you’re a second year head coach taking over a program that haven’t seen a deep playoff run since 2019 and over the last 5 years they’ve played chaminade 5 times (0-5), norland once (1-0) Central once (0-1) gibbons once (0-1) & on top of that you have a mass exodus of players after the coach before you left ; you have to build your program back up to a contending program before you try to schedule the big dogs of south Florida.    for EX: last year Dillard at STA, GIBBONS & chaminade on the schedule went (0-3) and each lost was by over 20+ the sta loss was 58-0. But those games had to be played because of the last year of the contract.     
    • Will Lake Minneola even have a team come August 
    • Oh sounds like you're okay with not having St. Thomas on the schedule 
  • Popular Contributors