Glades Day leaving Class 2A for Southeastern Football Conference; 5 teams leaving the conference

Joshua Wilson

hmm what motivation did they have to leave? like what are the benefits of being a independent?

Many times it can be the fact that your team isn't ready to participate in district competitions, in the case of Glades Day, many of the teams that they would normally play against have a full schedule due to playing in a conference that only plays teams in conference. As a result, local competitive games are hard to come by for them. Glades Day follows Jupiter Christian (another 2000s powerhouse) in choosing to become independent. Many of the schools located in independent are extremely small schools that while "private" are not trying to be the next St Thomas Aquinas, but believe in the value of athletic competitions without having to sell your soul. They have found like minded schools and can play each other into a championship for an 8 or 11 game schedule.

While one of the reasons for the creation of the "Rural" Classification was a dislike of playing certain urban private schools, the reality is that these private schools (that have chosen to go to conferences) actually share many of the same features as the rural schools.

Southeastern  Football Conference now apparently only has 6 teams .  The top 3 teams (Pompano, Calvary Christian, and Coral Springs Charter) all left.  It is too bad they could not work something out with the Gold Coast Conference who has 10 teams.....10+6 = 16 .  16 is a nice number .  8 teams make the Playoffs . 3 Week Post Season and 1 Champion.  .....Nah, that would be too simple.

Southeastern  Football Conference now apparently only has 6 teams .  The top 3 teams (Pompano, Calvary Christian, and Coral Springs Charter) all left.  It is too bad they could not work something out with the Gold Coast Conference who has 10 teams.....10+6 = 16 .  16 is a nice number .  8 teams make the Playoffs . 3 Week Post Season and 1 Champion.  .....Nah, that would be too simple.

Pompano as a top 3 team in the SFC? 

my name is Coach Pedro i am the AD at International School Of Broward (ISB), i have receive a email from Glades Day that they will be dropping from district play was because of the some scheduling issue they been facing the last couple year and also the reclassification of their district last year.  

my name is Coach Pedro i am the AD at International School Of Broward (ISB), i have receive a email from Glades Day that they will be dropping from district play was because of the some scheduling issue they been facing the last couple year and also the reclassification of their district last year.

Interesting... Thanks for the information Coach Pedro. Southeastern Football Conference should be in great shape for next year. Do you foresee the ISB Football Program making progress in 2016?